Megane II Aftermarket Front Lip
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default Megane II Aftermarket Front Lip

Hey guys,

As some of you may know, the stock lip on the Megane 225 MKII is quite easy to snap off. Unfortunately, Renault charges $500 for what is basically a piece of rubber so I really don't want to buy another stock front lip, however I do want a front lip to both protect the bumper and to make the car look a bit meaner than stock .

So what are the options for aftermarket front lips? I have heard of Cupra R lips working with a bit of handywork, and I am also aware of the universal lip, which is basically an angled rubber strip. Have any of you found examples of aftermarket lips other than these, and what would you recommend for a lip?

Would also be interested in making a custom lip, but I have absolutely no idea how to do that and tbh it looks cheaper and easier to just buy a Cupra R lip.

Advertisement

Try asking on ozrenaultsport.com
    I tried to drown my sorrows in alcohol, but the bastards learnt how to swim

Why? Isn't this a Renault forum too?

Dave
    2008 Renault Laguna 2.0 dCi break
    ​1997 BMW K1200RS

IR655
    (George Bush Snr): "I'll never apologize for the United States of America. Ever, I don't care what the facts are."

Cupra R splitter has been fitted by many people. There was a group buy on ozrenaultsport in recent years so you might find one sitting around that hasn't been fitted yet.

Other RS owners in Europe and Australia have suggested this aftermarket solution from China...
    Seat Ibiza Leon Cupra R Style Flexible Univ Front Chin LIP Splitter Spoiler Trim | eBay
    Don't know anyone who has fitted it, but for less than 10% of what Renault Australia charge it's probably worth the risk of it being rubbish.

I figure that if the OEM splitter eventually dies from being knocked and scraped once too often, then new rubber lip is likely to suffer less than the stiff carbon fibre/polypropylene Cupra-R option.

Let us know which of the 3 (so far) options you choose and how it goes.
    --------
    Progress is fine, but it's gone on for too long.

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by 602 View Post
    Other RS owners in Europe and Australia have suggested this aftermarket solution from China...
    Seat Ibiza Leon Cupra R Style Flexible Univ Front Chin LIP Splitter Spoiler Trim | eBay
    Don't know anyone who has fitted it, but for less than 10% of what Renault Australia charge it's probably worth the risk of it being rubbish.
    That was the exact splitter I was watching on eBay it's not a genuine Cupra R lip but it's half the price of them so there isn't much money wasted if it fails. I think I am leaning towards this option, will get back to you after the lip gets posted.

Thread Information