Fuego Clutch Adjustment
  • Register
  • Help

Default Fuego Clutch Adjustment

Does anyone know how to properly adjust the clutch cable on the later Fuegos?
    Haynes only shows the older style

Advertisement
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fuego Clutch Adjustment-imgp5941.jpg  

loosen off lock nut, tighten by hand until slack is taken out of pedal then test gear change (R and 1st) and nip locknut up.

Jo

Thanks Jo
    I backed it off and now it seems to change gear a lot better
    I figured that's what I had to do but I thought there should be some sort of factory setting.
    cheers Mike

1000+ Posts

Icon14 Some clutch cable tips.

Make sure the lug where the cable passes through the bulkhead is properly located, otherwise it often fails to seat and can kink the cable which will shorten the working life. Usual method was to take out the adjustment and apply pressure to the clutch pedal until you hear it clunk into place, then adjust the pedal slack to your comfortable pedal operation height.

If you carry a spare in the long floor locker in the rear compartment behind the seats, this will almost guarantee that you will have a trouble free clutch and you will never be stuck on the road if a cable prematurely breaks for any reason...

I usually use graphite impregnated grease on the inner cable to keep it working and in good order for a long working life.

Ken.

Thread Information