Renault Laguna II Drivers Side Window regulator
  • Help
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Renault Laguna II Drivers Side Window regulator

Fellow Frogger!

Default Renault Laguna II Drivers Side Window regulator

My Laguna II hatch drivers side window has dropped down out of sight.

I have looked at buying from UK as Renault has quoted over $600 for each of the rear ones.

There seems to be many options and styles on the site below.

Has anyone bought after market and can arise me of where to purchase one. I have contact in UK who can buy it and forward to me.

window regulators Online | renault laguna - laguna ii 2001 to 2007

Thanks

Advertisement

Can't you repair the one you've got?
    My Scenic power window on the left rear failed, the plastic attachment to the glass broke.
    The replacement clip on Ebay was less the $10 including postage from the UK.

I'm not saying yours has the same problem.
    Front windows are usually more complex and it appears to be the cable that breaks in the fronts.
    It's a bigger job that the rears but it might be worth a look.
    (There are even guides on youtube on how to replace the cables).
    I don't have a Lag so never looked for Lag parts but I'd wager they are available.

Regarding which one to get, if you've got a parts manual, use the part number (or can get the number off the unit itself).
    Pull the trim off the door and have a look at the one you've got.

Cheers
    Ren
    "I cannot help but notice that there is no problem between us that cannot be solved by your departure. Mark Twain"

I'm very experienced at changing these on your model. When I had mine, the drivers door broke first, followed by one of the rear, then front passenger. So I bought and changed all of them (from Renault Australia).

The only one I didn't change was the rear passenger as the car sold before I got around to changing the motor after doing a temp fix. Annoyingly, it is rarely the motor or the wire which fails but a plastic clip which breaks. The classic 2c component which means a $600 repair. There are repair kits available on eBay from euro suppliers if you are prepared to sit there and untangle the wires. I chose to replace the whole mechanism for simplicity.

So, it may be possible to do a cheap fix, or use an aftermarket part if you have the patience. There were some clips on YouTube on the repairs. If you go genuine, it is not hard to change and only takes 15mins or so but you will need the right torx driver for the trim screws and check carefully for hidden screws.

As an aside - the last regulator which was for rear passenger side was unused and still in it's plastic bag. I gave that to Julian from Renotech here in Sydney, and told him he could use it or sell it at his discretion. You could send him a message and see if he still has it and would be willing to sell it to you. He might give you a better price. I will PM you his mobile address.
    Last edited by renault8&10; 4th February 2016 at 09:16 AM.
    KB

Fellow Frogger!

Thanks for the info. On the back ones there is a screw like wire that has popped up chewing into the window tint.
    It seems like I need to find out what has broken as parts are available in UK.
    Thanks. For PM KB.

Also - when buying off eBay, consider carefully if it is a LHD or RHD country as what they call offside/nearside or drivers/passenger etc may be opposite to the side you want of course.

KB
    KB

If you can hear the motor (when you push the switch) buy a motor less kit from ebay. They are a lot cheaper and you can attach your motor to the new kit.

I have two Meganes, I have done at least two regs on each.

Dave
    2008 Renault Laguna 2.0 dCi break
    ​1997 BMW K1200RS

IR655
    (George Bush Snr): "I'll never apologize for the United States of America. Ever, I don't care what the facts are."

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
    Thanks Haakon,
    The window is now back to normal with those parts $69 plus fitting of $177.00. Much cheaper than going through Renault. Next is to do both rear windows.

Thanks for all the above advice and PMs.

Thread Information