Koleos Daytime Running Lights
  • Help
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Haakon
  • 1 Post By Breitie

Thread: Koleos Daytime Running Lights

Tadpole

Icon5 Koleos Daytime Running Lights

Greetings all, in 2015 purchased a 2013 Koleos which we are extremely pleased with.
    Whilst searching online for accessories, I came a across daytime running lights for the Koleos. I purchased the lights, which I have received . The problem is they came with no instructions on how to install the lights, I have been in contact with the supplier in China, (yeah yeah, I know) who really have been of little assistance.
    I went to a local auto electrician, who wanted nothing to do with them. A friend suggested, I go to another auto electrician, as the first one would only fit products purchased from them.
    Has anyone else purchased these lights and had them fitted? Or perhaps know of a auto electrician that would be able to fit these lights?
    Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Advertisement

It is highly unlikey the car has the wiring for DRL, so you'll need a control relay

DRL Daytime Running Light Dimmer Dimming Relay Control Switch Wiring Harness CAR | eBay

This will turn them on and off according to battery voltage. You also need to wire it up to the parker circuit to ensure the DRL is dimmed when the main lights are on - you obviously cant have them at full brieghtness as night.

I use the factory foglights on the megane as DRLs with LED globes installed (because who the hell needs foglights....?) with this relay

DC 12V CAR LED Daytime Running Light Relay Harness DRL Control ON OFF Automatic | eBay

I also however use a 5 pin relay to switch off the DRL completely when the main lights are on so I dont look like a tosser driving around at night with foglights on...

1pc Mini 5 Pins 12V DC 10A SRD 12VDC SL C PCB Board Power Coil Conversion Relay | eBay
    Reaper likes this.

Fellow Frogger!

Mr. Reaper, regarding DRL's (Daytime Running Lights) refer to the section titled "Model Specific Forum" and the go to "Koleos Hints, tips etc" and then go to page 3, post #53 and page 4, post #82, where a learned fellow who goes by the moniker "Free888" has grappled with the installation of DRL's and probably has the solution you seek. Perhaps you should consult him. Also consult the ever helpful and really knowledgeable Mr.robmac, see his post #84 on the same subject. Good luck with that.
    Last edited by Breitie; 4th February 2016 at 02:00 PM.
    Reaper likes this.

Tadpole

Thank you for the replies and assistance in this matter. Apologies for late reply, my time management has been been very poor. Again, a very big thank you.

Thread Information