Rubbers and seals
  • Help
Like Tree11Likes
  • 11 Post By G4ME

Thread: Rubbers and seals

Default Rubbers and seals

Guys,

I don't normally do this but I felt compelled to pass on one of the best experiences I have had in customer service.
    In searching for Rubber seals for the Dauphine I visited Oz Auto Moulds in Hallam (Vic) a couple of times in the last few weeks. Firstly it was refreshing that when I said Renault Dauphine they didn't fall on the ground laughing. Today I took the bonnet seal in to try and get a match. Now they didn't have the exact thing but offered multiple alternatives, rang another supplier and we then settled on something that would do the job. I asked for six metres of the stuff and he gave it to me for NOTHING.
    On top of that he's keen to try his overseas sources to try and get me front and back windscreen rubbers.
    I spoke to the owners son who then went to get the owner to also help.

I also bought the door seals a few weeks ago from them at $4/metre which was $10/metre cheaper than another place I tried.

If you are doing a restoration and happy to find something close or not entirely original I can't speak highly enough of Mick and Michael. I'm not related in any way. In fact I found them via Google.

Just thought I'd pass on a happy experience and help to support someone so friendly and helpful.

Cheers..Paul

Advertisement
    Kenfuego, JohnW, Kim Luck and 8 others like this.
    There is a law against doing more than 100kmh...there's no law on how fast you get to 100kmh!!!

Paul, that sound great and its good that you shared this with fellow AR's.
    I am nearing this stage too on my R8 and wonder if the bailey channels for the Dauphine are similar to what could/was used on the R8?
    Looking on their website there is not dedicated Renault portal so I suppose you took your sample and got the best match?
    Windscreen rubbers is also what I will be needed soon, so will give them ago ahead of Mecaparts ($$).
    Cheers

Fellow Frogger!

Not totally on the same thread but has anyone been able to source the weather strip on the top of the metal part of the doors on R15/17's that also seals against the window?
    geedee

Hi Angelo,
    Yeah I just took samples in. Given I'm not doing a concourse resto I just wanted something close. Having said that these guys had door arch rubbers in brown which was great cos everyone else had black which wouldn't suit.
    The other place I go is Scotts auto rubber in Oakleigh. They are more likely to have a listing for R8 stuff but are a lot more expensive.
    Good luck.
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by R8 Dream View Post
    Paul, that sound great and its good that you shared this with fellow AR's.
    I am nearing this stage too on my R8 and wonder if the bailey channels for the Dauphine are similar to what could/was used on the R8?
    Looking on their website there is not dedicated Renault portal so I suppose you took your sample and got the best match?
    Windscreen rubbers is also what I will be needed soon, so will give them ago ahead of Mecaparts ($$).
    Cheers
    There is a law against doing more than 100kmh...there's no law on how fast you get to 100kmh!!!

Quote Originally Posted by geedee View Post
    Not totally on the same thread but has anyone been able to source the weather strip on the top of the metal part of the doors on R15/17's that also seals against the window?
    geedee
    Sorry mate. Never had to try for that. These guys work on samples but could possibly also help if you had pictures and dimensions to email them.
    Cheers...Paul

Thanks for passing that on Paul. I'm sure that will come in handy.

Works: 2003 YV Commodore (That is Cecil to you)
    Playing: R12, SuperPos, thinks It's a race car and Sunny the R12 Lego set.
    Previous: SuperGrumpy fuel spitting 504ti(ish), SuperComfortable 505 STI, SuperDoper carried my groceries Mi16, Choo Choo'd Volvo S40
    Wanted Will hoard 12/15/17 Junk.

"More and more of less and less" - Marina Abramović

Thread Information