R8/R10/Dauphine/4CV/R4 used headlights for free.
  • Register
  • Help

Default R8/R10/Dauphine/4CV/R4 used headlights for free.

I should put this in the F/S side but that takes longer to circulate. I have a few second hand 140mm head lights for the price of postage. They will go into the bin soon if nobody wants them. Is there anybody that can restore/resilver them?

Regards,
    Frans.

Advertisement
    Old enough to know better
    Young enough to do it anyway.

And some chrome surroundings for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Frans View Post
    I should put this in the F/S side but that takes longer to circulate. I have a few second hand 140mm head lights for the price of postage. They will go into the bin soon if nobody wants them. Is there anybody that can restore/resilver them?

Regards,
    Frans.
    Hi Frans
    I heard there is a guy in Blackwood (suburb of Adelaide) that resilvers them. I don't have any contact number or address.
    If there is a Adelaide frogger that can help with a contact name/address it would be most helpful.
    Cheers Phil

That's the classic lights and bulbs bloke.
    1963 Morris Cooper 997
    1964 Sunbeam Tiger
    1969 Austin 1800
    1969 Lancia Fulvia Rallye 1,3S
    1969 Morris Cooper S

Quote Originally Posted by OnSafari View Post
    That's the classic lights and bulbs bloke.
    Anthony Pearson, Vintage Bulbs, or Vintage Auto Bulbs, something like that. Excellent guy.
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    Renault Scenic 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic 2007 (mine)
    Renault Scenic 2006 (daughter's)
    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980

National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

Hi Frans, I'm after a second R8G spotlight similar to the one I have in the pics below. Are the ones you have similar? This one has the wide chrome surround.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails R8/R10/Dauphine/4CV/R4 used headlights for free.-1452952102145.jpg   R8/R10/Dauphine/4CV/R4 used headlights for free.-1452952152179.jpg  

COL

Quote Originally Posted by JohnW View Post
    Anthony Pearson, Vintage Bulbs, or Vintage Auto Bulbs, something like that. Excellent guy.
    Would this be the vintage bulb man? Page Title
    Regards Col

1973 Renault R12 Station Wagon
    1976 Renault R12 Station Wagon
    2002 Renault Laguna V6
    1973 Alpine A110

http://alpine-a110.weebly.com/

Quote Originally Posted by COL View Post
    Would this be the vintage bulb man? Page Title
    Yes, that is the man.

Cheers
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    Renault Scenic 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic 2007 (mine)
    Renault Scenic 2006 (daughter's)
    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980

National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

Quote Originally Posted by julians View Post
    Hi Frans, I'm after a second R8G spotlight similar to the one I have in the pics below. Are the ones you have similar? This one has the wide chrome surround.
    julians, it looks like that one you have is brand new. The ones I have needs work as mentioned so I will put a photo up tonight of them and you can decide.

Regards. Frans

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by R8philSA View Post
    Hi Frans
    I heard there is a guy in Blackwood (suburb of Adelaide) that resilvers them. I don't have any contact number or address.
    If there is a Adelaide frogger that can help with a contact name/address it would be most helpful.
    Cheers Phil
    Hi Frans, Anthony in SA, mentioned below, usually asks for a good picture of the unit before he will commit to restoring it. This avoids freight costs if it is too far gone to be restored. His work is very high standard. He was referred to me by Tony Pallas in Brookvale NSW who does very high standard restorations on Jags.

Quote Originally Posted by Frans View Post
    julians, it looks like that one you have is brand new. The ones I have needs work as mentioned so I will put a photo up tonight of them and you can decide.

Regards. Frans
    It is brand new Frans, but I only have ONE! I currently have SEV Marchelles (Citroen,I think) as centre lights. I'm interested if they are able to be restored. Pics will be great 👍

julians, pictures as promised. There is a small difference in the pattern on the top half. See if you're interested

Tadpole

I pulled apart a few lights last year and had the reflectors restored by Carrol, ( Carroll Plating Pty Ltd | Electroplating Melbourne | Electroplaters | Metal Polishers | Melbourne Australia) in Airport West Victoria.
    It took them six months as they waited until they had enough to do a run and it wasn't cheap, recollection was $60 to $80 per reflector but they came out OK.
    Its important to heat the lamp in an oven to liquify the ceramic (?) cement so that you can prise the lens off without cracking. It helps to have silicon oven gloves which I bought from one of the Japanese 500 yen shops in Melbourne.
    I used a range of strategies including a piano wire home made tool to separate the lenses, lots of patience required!!!
    Hope this helps

Tadpole

You can now find us at Unit 3 / 41-43 Allied Drive, Tullamarine - just off the Tullamarine Freeway and the Western Ring Road. We are linked by freeways to Essendon Airport and Tullamarine Airport (international), both within a 10 minute drive.
    Carroll Electroplating Pty Ltd (ABN 86 601 113 642) can be contacted by the following:
    Phone: (03) 9017 3847
    Email: [email protected]
    Address:
    Unit 3 / 41-43 Allied Drive
    Tullamarine, VIC 3043

I had a lamp done by guys in Adelaide, around $90 and about 2 weeks, came up nicely, to separate the lenses stick unit in oven at around 125 C for 15 minutes, you'll need gloves to handle it, scribe with sharp blade around silicon to separate and prize up very patiently with screwdriver or a improvised wide thin flat surface you can get hold of, if doesn't work back in again repeat, eventually it 'should' separate. I had two other lenses that wouldn't budge though. What size lamp is it? 155mm? It is important to use a non fogging silicon when reattaching lense, the heat from lamp can fume silicon and ruin the coating. There's chroming and chroming and you want them to copper plate it in the process if possible.

Thread Information