timing belt for R19
  • Help

Default timing belt for R19

G'day Froggers, Renee is coming up on 130,000km's. I have no history on her. I have been told by several Froggers I should change the timing as a matter of course. Firstly, where is the best supplier for the belt, tensioner and roller? Auto Pro managed to get me the fan belt. They couldn't supply me with the other. I was also told it is wise to do the water pump at the same time. Just how hard is it to change the belt? I am assuming the plastic cover can be removed in situ. I am also still trying to find the grey arm rest cover for the drivers side. I need a clear fog lamp, passengers side. Finally I need to get my hands on a service and maintenance manual. Any help and guidance would be appreciated. Yours Sincerely Shane.

Advertisement

Easy.
    I've only done two but they were both easy as long as you do it the 'easy way', which means you assume a few bits that seem to have nothing to do with the timing belt need removing.
    A good 'renault' tool kit is required too, and maybe small wrists. I have both thankfully.

Jack up the car, put a stand under that side, remove drivers side wheel and ...(memory fade) undo the suspension ball joint and move the suspension to one side. Take of the plastic splash guard.....
    The rest is bleeding obvious.

The path of the accessory belt seems a bit confusing if you take the old belt off, but it only goes on one way...Back side of belt to the idler wheels and toothed side to the grooved pulleys.

Last one i did was with a volvo tensioner which was without a bit that you'd use to tension.
    Cringed levering it off the block, but got it done without damaging anything

Jo
    Last edited by jo proffi; 13th January 2016 at 06:40 PM.

G'day again Jo, I never assume anything is easy, lol. You have given me confidence though. I have only ever changed timing chains on Chargers. Thanks for the advice/details. Yours Sincerely Shane

Thread Information