New Member saying Hi
  • Help
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: New Member saying Hi

Default New Member saying Hi

Just joined but a long time Renault fan.

My first car was a Dauphine which was replaced by a Dauphine Gordini, which interestingly had front disc brakes.

After a few years I upgraded to an R10 I had for a year or so. Some years later when I purchased my first home I purchased another R10 that I kept going on parts off abandoned 8's and 10's for 4 years.

A few years later I purchased a 12TL that I dropped a 16TS engine into and drove it to Birdsville before it eventually died. I bought and sold a number of 12's to earn a few dollars and make the mortgage payments easier.

In 1990 I was building a new home and purchased another R12 that carried heaps of building material and I sold it after about 12 months. My wife hated it but it was stupidly reliable and economical.

About 3 years ago I purchased a low mileage red Clio R27 F1 Team which is a hoot to drive and it too has been quite reliable.

Advertisement

1000+ Posts

Welcome mate stick with them.

Welcome back!!
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1950 (R1062)
    Renault R8 1965 (R1130)
    Renault Scenic Series II 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic Series II 2006 (daughter's)
    Renault Scenic Series II 2007 (mine)

CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980 (moved on to new custodian)

National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

Quote Originally Posted by JohnW View Post
    Welcome back!!
    ...it seems like he never really left.
    Every day when I wake up I reach up in the darkness with my eyes shut and if I cannot feel anything that resembles a wooden lid I know it will be a good day. No lid today.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuffen View Post
    In 1990 I was building a new home and purchased another R12 that carried heaps of building material and I sold it after about 12 months. My wife hated it but it was stupidly reliable and economical.
    Welcome Zuffen,

Your story reminds me of my trusty Virage which tirelessly assisted in the building process of two of my homes It dragged countless trailer loads with the heaviest being 1.3 tonne of quarry rubble. Oops, did I say 1.3 tonne? Must be a typo

Enjoy your healthy Renault addiction

New Member saying Hi-p1010159.jpg
    cheers,

John

Zuffen from Ozrodders?

Welcome aboard Zuffen. Great to see another Renault enthusiast joining the team. Now get interested in R8s and you will be right up there.
    Cheers
    Phil
    New Member saying Hi-dscf5263.jpg

Fingers,

Yep the same Zuffen.

My old 16 powered 12 made it to Birdsville and back in about 1980/1.

In hindsight probably a brave trip, but no breakdowns other than a pinhole in the fuel tank.

I've maintained my Renault connection for the last 20 years by having R12 front turn indicators on my Range Rover DAKAR and if anyone has a spare set they would like to sell I'm in the market. They would be handy to have on the shelf in case I break one as I'm pretty sure Hornsby Renault won't help me if I need them.

In the late 60's my late Father chopped a Dauphine up and made a little table top ute out of it. That car did a lot of hard work before finally being sold on.

My first R10 had the front bodywork break off around the front of inner guard from being jumped on a local dirt bike track. We welded it back on and continued to drive it.

I can thank my years in rear engine Renaults for not being afraid of a little oversteer.

Thread Information