r10 brakes
  • Help

Thread: r10 brakes

Default r10 brakes

does anyone know the best place to buy for a renault r10 '70 front and rear brake seal kits that has the dust cover , square seals, copper washer, the 2 rubbers that go on the arm where the split pin fixes the calipers in. plus if i'm going to change the hoses do i need exact ones or can i get the same size / length ones at a brake place ?

Advertisement

I get the hoses made in Osborne Park for about $50 each. Standard non-metric threads. At least you know the hose rubber is fairly new.

Seal kits seem usually available from the usual suspects in France and on Ebay - but there are "kits" and "kits", with different components. I'm not sure it matters at all between round and square rings.
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1950 (R1062)
    Renault R8 1965 (R1130)
    Renault Scenic Series II 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic Series II 2006 (daughter's)
    Renault Scenic Series II 2007 (mine)

CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980 (moved on to new custodian)

National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

The last time I got a kit with all that in it was probably 1994.
    I've bought kits more recently from both Mecaparts and Jacques, and they don't have much beyond the seal and sometimes the dust cover if you're lucky. I have had new split pins in them though.

I don't know how big Geraldton is, but is there a branch or agent of one of the bigger brake places? (like better brakes, DBA etc). Maybe take some samples down and see if they can source something.
    KB

Quote Originally Posted by renault8&10 View Post
    The last time I got a kit with all that in it was probably 1994.
    I've bought kits more recently from both Mecaparts and Jacques, and they don't have much beyond the seal and sometimes the dust cover if you're lucky. I have had new split pins in them though.

I don't know how big Geraldton is, but is there a branch or agent of one of the bigger brake places? (like better brakes, DBA etc). Maybe take some samples down and see if they can source something.
    yeah i'm going to try that first. went to mecaparts and front and back seals amount to just over $100 ! and you're right it's just the square seal and dust cover.

There's more at Melun Retro Passion - go to Catalogue to Renault to R8/R10 to Freinage to Etrier to Necessaire Etriere. It's a mixed bag, the rears having nuts and copper washers and the fronts no copper washers but split pins and anti-rattle rubbers. Euro 19 per corner, plus postage of course. I've reused all but the seals before now, successfully the first time anyway.

Better is Bretagne Auto Retro, with everything, and cheaper. Well, maybe cheaper as they are sold as separate items not full kits.

Cheers
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1950 (R1062)
    Renault R8 1965 (R1130)

[QUOTE=JohnW;1401124]There's more at Melun Retro Passion - go to Catalogue to Renault to R8/R10 to Freinage to Etrier to Necessaire Etriere. It's a mixed bag, the rears having nuts and copper washers and the fronts no copper washers but split pins and anti-rattle rubbers. Euro 19 per corner, plus postage of course. I've reused all but the seals before now, successfully the first time anyway.

Better is Bretagne Auto Retro, with everything, and cheaper. Well, maybe cheaper as they are sold as separate items not full kits.

went with bretague and all up for 4 kits was $88 with postage. melum-retro was up to $160 ! mecaparts over $100.
    thanks

I've used Bretagne a few times now. Seem OK. Glad to help - you could google all day and not necessarily find them.
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1950 (R1062)
    Renault R8 1965 (R1130)

Thread Information