Renault Art
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: Renault Art

Tadpole

Default Renault Art

To all Renault Owners out there who wouldn't mind a bit of Renault art on the wall of their Pool room, I found this in my travels:

http://retrohome.com/Merchant2/merch..._Code=AS-50379

Advertisement

Mind you, $250-odd dollars US.
    Still...

Justin

Quote Originally Posted by REN21T
    To all Renault Owners out there who wouldn't mind a bit of Renault art on the wall of their Pool room, I found this in my travels:

http://retrohome.com/Merchant2/merch..._Code=AS-50379

Mind you, $250-odd dollars US.
    Still...

Justin
    It's quite special. Do you know whether they are selling copies or a 1920s original?

I have an original cutaway drawing of a Renault 16 from 1965 - bought when Autocar sold their archived originals a few years ago. Didn't cost anything like as much (to my surprise, as it is one of very few given how complex a genuine cutaway drawing is).

JohnW

Tadpole

I'm pretty sure there all prints. All their artwork is retro, to see it all try:

http://retrohome.com/bachpad_art_forhim.html

Also, this site has some nice artwork, but only Vespas and such:

http://www.reidstudio.com/reidstudio.htm

No Renaults unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by REN21T
    I'm pretty sure there all prints. All their artwork is retro, to see it all try:

http://retrohome.com/bachpad_art_forhim.html

Also, this site has some nice artwork, but only Vespas and such:

http://www.reidstudio.com/reidstudio.htm

No Renaults unfortunately.
    I think you are right - reproductions. The price is pretty steep for a print, maybe not for an original from the 1920s.

Thanks for info.

JohnW

Quote Originally Posted by JohnW
    It's quite special. Do you know whether they are selling copies or a 1920s original?

I have an original cutaway drawing of a Renault 16 from 1965 - bought when Autocar sold their archived originals a few years ago. Didn't cost anything like as much (to my surprise, as it is one of very few given how complex a genuine cutaway drawing is).

JohnW
    So that would be the one from the 22/1/65 edition? 3/4 rear view by Dick Ellis?? Now that is a real find!

I only found out that Autocar had sold off their archives through seeing a resale of an item in an auction catalogue. In a way it is a shame that such a historic magazine had to sell its archives, and not say donate them to the Montague Museum, or create a museum of motoring journalism. Then again it would be difficult to display all those items, at least one (yours) is in good hands anyway!

Icon7

I have the same picture here at home, along with other reproductions of the same era! Only thing is they're all postcard size, I got them in Paris at a tourist card shop a few years back!
    Cheers Renomad

"Today's mighty oak, is just yesterdays nut that held it's ground"

Current frogs, Dad's R19 & Dad's Scenic.

Past frogs, R12 Wagon X2, R12GL, Fuego X2, R10 X2, R8 X.5!

Quote Originally Posted by Simon
    So that would be the one from the 22/1/65 edition? 3/4 rear view by Dick Ellis?? Now that is a real find!

I only found out that Autocar had sold off their archives through seeing a resale of an item in an auction catalogue. In a way it is a shame that such a historic magazine had to sell its archives, and not say donate them to the Montague Museum, or create a museum of motoring journalism. Then again it would be difficult to display all those items, at least one (yours) is in good hands anyway!
    Simon,

Well it is 1965. But I don't know if it is a Dick Ellis. It is a 3/4 frontal view and is unsigned. It is a very early 16 without the opening vent.

I've tried to upload an image of it but don't know if I succeeded. When I click on the icon for "insert image" it opens a window that refers to formatting text!! So I tried the file attachment box below and something was certainly sent. So I'll send this and see what happened.

I also obtained a Max Millar original of a rear engined Mercedes - 1940! Couldn't believe it.

Second attempt at attaching file. If it doesn't work, I give up.

JohnW

Quote Originally Posted by Simon

Simon,

Next time you're in Perth, you'll have to come and have a viewing! I totally agree that it was a real shame that such a unique collection was sold off. It should have been in a formal archive, or somewhere like the Montague Museum for sure. I also bid on a cutaway of a Wankel engined Norton, but was not successful.

If someone can tell me how to post an image, I'll try again.

JohnW

It wouldn't be the same picture, but probably in the same series at the same time. As the one in the magazine is also an early pre-flap 16, just a rear 3/4 view.

Tadpole

Hi Folks..

I was searching the net for Dick Ellis.. and found your interest... what else do people know about him and his artwork.. does anyone know of any sources of original DE's or copies on the net??

Thanks

Thread Information