Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By G4ME
  • 1 Post By KenM
  • 1 Post By 68 404

Thread: Koleos and towing

Tadpole

Default Koleos and towing

Hi All

Has anyone towed with a Koleos (2.5 petrol) especially if it was a small pop-top type camper/caravan (say around 1300kg to 1400kg loaded. In theory fine but what about in practice. Thanks for any responses

Advertisement

Peter

Not really relevant but their was a bloke in Rye yesterday pulling a big ass boat out of the water with his Koleos. It made the Koleos look like a Mini and I thought to myself this may have been pushing the towing limit a bit far.
    But it seemed to pull it up the ramp ok.
    Paul
    KoKo Koleos likes this.
    There is a law against doing more than 100kmh...there's no law on how fast you get to 100kmh!!!

Hello Peter, I have a 2008 Koleos manual diesel now close to 230,000km which has spent a great deal of its life towing our A'Van Cruiser camper all over Australia. It handles this task without any difficulty at all. I would estimate the loaded weight of the camper to be around 1200kg. My Koleos repairs over this time excluding a couple of warranty glitches has been limited to new starter motor non genuine, 2 lower front control arms and most recent rebuilt left front driveshaft. Of course there have been tyres and brake pads and servicing. Ecomomy is good towing at around 10l/100km Remember mine is diesel.
    Fordman likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by KenM View Post
    Hello Peter, I have a 2008 Koleos manual diesel now close to 230,000km which has spent a great deal of its life towing our A'Van Cruiser camper all over Australia. It handles this task without any difficulty at all. I would estimate the loaded weight of the camper to be around 1200kg. My Koleos repairs over this time excluding a couple of warranty glitches has been limited to new starter motor non genuine, 2 lower front control arms and most recent rebuilt left front driveshaft. Of course there have been tyres and brake pads and servicing. Ecomomy is good towing at around 10l/100km Remember mine is diesel.
    230,000km in 7 years is testament to a good vehicle.

Dave
    Fordman likes this.
    2008 Renault Laguna 2.0 dCi estate
    2013 Renault Koleos 2.0 dCi 4WD
    ​1997 BMW K1200RS

IR655
    (George Bush Snr): "I'll never apologize for the United States of America. Ever, I don't care what the facts are."

Tadpole

Thanks KenM

Thread Information