Feugo parts needed
  • Help
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Feugo parts needed

Tadpole

Default Feugo parts needed

Good Day all
    I am trying to find where I can get engine mounts for the 2lt motor in a 82 Feugo, My Feugo had an ooopss on the track when the "lighten" Fly wheel broke away and did a lot of damage to the car. ( got it with the fly wheel lightened already, they trimmed the inner part down to 2mm )
    We have replaced the gear box, side shafts, a few brackets (thanks to Frans Conje for custom made bracket) fly wheel and a few other odd pieces, I now need to replace the lhs engine mount so we can get back on the track. It seems the rhs & lhs are the same ? I am also looking for a new gearbox rubber/ mount as the one on the car looks like a sponge n not a rubber as i assume they should be,

All help and advice will be appreciated

Shalom

Advertisement

Mad Pete

Administrator

There is a Fuego at French Connection that may have good mounts. The RH one looked newish, so hopefully the right will be also. Give Dave a call.

Fwiw, i replaced both mounts with VL Commodore mounts. It required the bonded mount to be separated from the plate, but it was pretty simple.

1000+ Posts

You could always make them like Graham explained in the Fregate restoration. Scroll down its half way down the page 36.

1956 Renault Fregate restoration...Project Geneviève

Quote Originally Posted by mistareno View Post
    It required the bonded mount to be separated from the plate, but it was pretty simple.
    Roll towards traffic light, Select first gear, light goes green...... drop clutch at WOT.....Walllah....Mount seperation!!!

Jo

Jo, what brand and position were the mounts you found a bit wanting? I keep seeing Birth stuff offered on the internet.

Hi I just took a look out the back and found new right hand mount , left hand and front stabiliser mount .
    Surprised myself , and I haven,t got more . If interested give me a call on 03 52218915 BH David

Quote Originally Posted by addo View Post
    Jo, what brand and position were the mounts you found a bit wanting? I keep seeing Birth stuff offered on the internet.
    Not branded as far as I can remember.

Jo

Fellow Frogger!

Hi pete.
    I just checked and have both left and right engine mounts. By the way there not the same. Ive also a new timing belt an water pump. Send me pm if your interested. Cheers

Tadpole

just spent over NZD 2000 getting the "lightened" Fly wheel collapse fixed! it was lighten by the previous from 6mm in center to 2 mm , and you all can guess what happened during a race!! the fly wheel flew and smashed the gear box, engine mounts, side shaft, gear selector and almost took the 40 Webers off as well, so i was not a happy camper , getting parts for renaults in NZ is like looking for gold !
    So dont need to do more damage to the new repairs lol but thanks for the quick way to remove the mounts!

Tadpole

Hi thanks i be taking the mounts off soon and take them to a mount shop to see what i can match up, if that and a rebuild fail i give you a call about the mounts you have,

Shalom

Thread Information