Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By pug206gti
  • 2 Post By pug206gti
  • 2 Post By JohnW
  • 1 Post By Sunroof

Thread: Amongst the "stuff" I acquired

Fellow Frogger!

Default Amongst the "stuff" I acquired

Over the years I have been flirting with the brand I have acquired a number of things I treasure, a couple of copies of the R8 Gordini brochure (the one many have, A3 size great photos, details etc etc) , A110 owners handbook (Dinalpin too!) but I have just discovered a brochure, similar to the one for the 8G, for a 12G, in English. I did not know it existed. A bit used but what a treasure. Stocktake is slowly taking place. I suppose one day the family will hate me for acquiring all this!

Advertisement

Fellow Frogger!

if your like me it will only be your wife my two girls are both into the diamond shaped badge as much as their father.
    LIFES TOO SHORT TO DRIVE BORING CARS!

Icon6

Quote Originally Posted by kiwia110 View Post
    Over the years I have been flirting with the brand I have acquired a number of things I treasure, a couple of copies of the R8 Gordini brochure (the one many have, A3 size great photos, details etc etc) , A110 owners handbook (Dinalpin too!) but I have just discovered a brochure, similar to the one for the 8G, for a 12G, in English. I did not know it existed. A bit used but what a treasure. Stock take is slowly taking place. I suppose one day the family will hate me for acquiring all this!
    G'day,
    no they wont. When you are gone, the ephemera will be worth more than you can imagine. Keep it in good nick, in acid free plastic or photo albums. No annotations, but dated written notes next to the items are always good.
    Have a look at 'Antiques Roadshow' on the ABC. Some of this stuff is worth heaps, [that is a technical term meaning lots].
    JohnW likes this.
    regards,
    Les W.

206 GTi 180
    the stealth Pug
    Did I do anything last night that suggested I was sane?

Quote Originally Posted by pug206gti View Post
    G'day,
    no they wont. When you are gone, the ephemera will be worth more than you can imagine. Keep it in good nick, in acid free plastic or photo albums. No annotations, but dated written notes next to the items are always good.
    Have a look at 'Antiques Roadshow' on the ABC. Some of this stuff is worth heaps, [that is a technical term meaning lots].
    If the kids don't call in local rubbish remover who will recognize the value and make a tidy profit.

Icon6

G'day,
    probably the rubbish remover in his trusty Berlingo van.
    59 Floride and Kenfuego like this.
    regards,
    Les W.

206 GTi 180
    the stealth Pug
    Did I do anything last night that suggested I was sane?

Quote Originally Posted by kiwia110 View Post
    Over the years I have been flirting with the brand I have acquired a number of things I treasure, a couple of copies of the R8 Gordini brochure (the one many have, A3 size great photos, details etc etc) , A110 owners handbook (Dinalpin too!) but I have just discovered a brochure, similar to the one for the 8G, for a 12G, in English. I did not know it existed. A bit used but what a treasure. Stocktake is slowly taking place. I suppose one day the family will hate me for acquiring all this!
    Judging by the comments I get, they'll only hate you if it isn't properly organised, filed and labelled. I have this task ahead of me....
    FedGrapes and pug206gti like this.
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    Renault Scenic 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic 2007 (mine)
    Renault Scenic 2006 (daughter's)
    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980

National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

1000+ Posts

My wife and son will just throw my collection. I tell my daughter, who is also a collector of stuff, to sell my stuff or at least pass it on to the Reno club. It is worth money on ebay.
    pug206gti likes this.

Thread Information