Renault R-link System
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Renault R-link System

Fellow Frogger!

Default Renault R-link System

Has anyone experience with the R-link system?
    Where can I get instructions on how to properly use it?
    The dealer referred me to the R-link website where there is no detailed information to be found.

Advertisement
    Last edited by Breitie; 13th November 2015 at 05:26 PM.

Try this link:

http://www.renault.no/dms/dok/pdf/multimedia/R-link.pdf

It's from UK and took me a minute or so to upload on a fast connection.

Let's hope it hasn't been reinvented for Oz.

Google is your friend for a user manual.

Fellow Frogger!

Thank you once again, robmac. You are a constant and reliable source of information and advice. What would I do without you!
    This manual should of course have been in the glove box of the car I recently bought, just like the spare key which is also missing.
    P....ses me off that dealers sell cars with vital stuff lost and missing. Sloppy, careless, unprofessional people. One should expect better.

Quote Originally Posted by Breitie View Post
    Thank you once again, robmac. You are a constant and reliable source of information and advice. What would I do without you!
    This manual should of course have been in the glove box of the car I recently bought, just like the spare key which is also missing.
    P....ses me off that dealers sell cars with vital stuff lost and missing. Sloppy, careless, unprofessional people. One should expect better.
    I would have refused to give them the spare key to your old car until they fronted up with a spare key for your new car.

Seems a fair swap to me. A kind of I'll hold yours and you can hold mine.

The truth is they don't care f$%k, a Sale is Sale is Sale and when a wheel looks like falling off one they get more interested.
    Last edited by robmac; 13th November 2015 at 07:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Breitie View Post
    So you have a NEW car and the spare key is missing?
    Given that you are already taking steps to obtain a spare key from the dealer, I would also be inclined to take extra care with the security of your car, ie, parking behind locked gates or garaged.
    May seem a bit paranoid, but it only takes one employee of the new dealer, maybe one of the kids they employ to do pre-delivery cleaning and preparation, who also has your address from the paperwork, to bide their time and make a visit one day, and just jump in and drive it away.

We believe this is what happened to my boss's car many years ago, in Sydney. Brand new Ford LTD stolen from his work carpark about 2 weeks after it was delivered. In those days, one could get keys copied, and original replaced before delivery, so no-one was the wiser. Surprised it doesn't happen more often, knowing some of the itinerants cleaning cars (and I was a service manager in those days).

Hope they just find it for you.

2004 Scenic I 2.0 auto (Hers)
    2016 Ford Territory (His)
    2004 WRX (Sunday car)

There is a lot of chatter about the R-Link system not working properly in Oz and seems to be a known issue. It seems it is a compatibility issue between telcos and the type or origin of the sim used. I know there was a post recently on the RCCA Facebook page. Maybe also check the ozrenaultsport forum perhaps?
    KB

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by Fordman View Post
    So you have a NEW car and the spare key is missing?
    Given that you are already taking steps to obtain a spare key from the dealer, I would also be inclined to take extra care with the security of your car, ie, parking behind locked gates or garaged.
    May seem a bit paranoid, but it only takes one employee of the new dealer, maybe one of the kids they employ to do pre-delivery cleaning and preparation, who also has your address from the paperwork, to bide their time and make a visit one day, and just jump in and drive it away.

We believe this is what happened to my boss's car many years ago, in Sydney. Brand new Ford LTD stolen from his work carpark about 2 weeks after it was delivered. In those days, one could get keys copied, and original replaced before delivery, so no-one was the wiser. Surprised it doesn't happen more often, knowing some of the itinerants cleaning cars (and I was a service manager in those days).

Hope they just find it for you.

Exactly right Fordman, the security worries me as there might be a joker out there with a key to my car. Quite apart from the totally unrealistic expense of a new key card that has to be specially ordered from France and costs close to $500. By the way, not a new NEW car but good as new, having taken advice on this forum about the financial pain involved in buying new new, especially Renault.
    Last edited by Breitie; 19th November 2015 at 04:44 PM.

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by renault8&10 View Post
    There is a lot of chatter about the R-Link system not working properly in Oz and seems to be a known issue. It seems it is a compatibility issue between telcos and the type or origin of the sim used. I know there was a post recently on the RCCA Facebook page. Maybe also check the ozrenaultsport forum perhaps?
    I now have the R-link manual, thanks to the advice from our friend robmac, and am a lot wiser about how it is supposed to work. I like the touch screen and ease of use. Have to figure out one or two things still (I am an old fashioned techno-idiot) like how to get the car to speak to me again after the last update, but am getting there. I now have an account with R-link and get regular updates automatically, plus I can buy additional apps for Euros if I want to. Last time I updated, the thing made a completely new road for me across the Bay here which may have been for amphibious vehicles, but after switching off and on again, it found its bearings and all is well and I am back on terra ferma.

I think it was more Bluetooth connectivity issues between R-link and users phones that was the issue more than imaginary roads, but glad it is working for you.
    KB

Thread Information