Scenic RX4 prop shaft torque wrench settings
  • Register
  • Help

Default Scenic RX4 prop shaft torque wrench settings

Hi all. Sorry not sure if I can find this info elsewhere on the site but a quick search didn't turn anything up. Considering that there is no workshop manual for the RX4 (that I know of) I am trying to find out if there are any suggested torque wrench settings for the RX4 prop shaft, ie the 6x coupling bolts, the 4x small bearing case bolts (to the underbody) and also the 4x hex key bolts at the transfer case/ gb end.

Advertisement

Real tight is all I'd suggest. No manual is correct. I did have a Dialogy parts manual but it has died for some reason.
    2016 Renault Sport Clio Cup EDC 200

Previous

2001 Rx-4 Privilege
    R17TL, 1973
    R20TS x 3
    R18 GTS wagon x 2
    R10

"When you hit the tree between the headlights thats understeer. Oversteer is when you hit the tree between the Tail Lights" - Wayne Bell

Hey there HKP how's things? Remember that great RX4 I found after 9 months of searching (back in Feb 2014), with the sport kit and all the goods? It got t-boned a few months ago and written off. Such a bugger. Mechanically all A1 that car was. So I picked up an almost identical car for $1500 (without the sun roofs, roof rack etc) and am changing everything over as it's clutch is stuffed and the motor is due a timing belt ...and just about every suspension part in front end including brake discs is rooted and the prop coupling is that bad it is almost sheered the bolts off. French Connection convinced me to do the running gear change-over myself so if it all goes to pot I'm going to blame them anyway if you have Instagram lookup #projectRX4 I am documenting it all up there. I digress - not so sure about "real tight" as the bolts at the drive end (at least) were not too bad on both vehicles, I'd say very moderate torque. 3 x coupling bolts were nylox I think so those are not crucial but the other three were pretty tight yes.

Thread Information