Renault Engine Belt Change
  • Help
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Renault Engine Belt Change

Default Renault Engine Belt Change

Hi owners of Renault cars with engines F4R K7M K9K 1999-2007,there is a change from 6PK to 5PK drive belts,evidently there can be some serious engine damage if the the new-recommended 5PK is not fitted in the correct grooves in various applications.
    I got this info from a Gates info bulletin,so consult your local Gates dealer for the details.
    Last time I said that I wouldn't post again but is important,so if there is any smart arsed backyard expert out there ready to yap--take Gates on this time.baz

Advertisement

My Scenic was rejected in a roadworthy inspection recently because the inspector noticed the 5PK belt and said it had to be 6PK! I told him the belt was correct but I don't know if he believed me.

Fellow Frogger!

What??????
    That's like saying I'm going to fail you on your roadworthy because you have the wrong oil in it.
    Madness.

Powering Progress? in belts, hose & hydraulics 5PK Micro-V AT Belt Change on Renault Engines.
    This link may work-I don't care if it doesn't.
    Mr Feugo,you are one of the ones I was worrying about,buy a Hyundai it fits your skill level.
    I never cease to be surprised-even after over 50 years in the motor repair business how many people seem to be constantly displaying their lack of real mechanical ability,they should keep away from all but very basic cars especially European makes,these need to be serviced and repaired by genuine and dedicated mechs.Or people who do lots of homework and have an affinity for gaining and retaining knowledge.
    The days of jacking your Mums Morris Minor in the carport are Loong gone!BTW I'm well and truly retired now.Still have an interest in cars tho'

Fellow Frogger!

How can one tell ones skill level by looking at a screen?
    Been working on cars for yonks.
    My answer alluded to "mechanic mind your own business, give me a roadworthy, not a critique on what's been done".
    Sounds like an Brussels/EU method of telling people how to do things.

Fellow Frogger!

Shonky mechanics - that's another matter.

Dear Mr Feugo,I'm afraid we are talking about different things,I agree on looking at screens etc.but experience on one make and access to data etc ain't easy these days.
    To the rest of the world if you wish to have info on my first post,contact Stephanie email SP3412@ gates.com re Drive belt change on Renault.its free
    I'm on the dealer list so I can't download info -Gates do that.Hope I got the address right.
    This will broaden someones knowledge including mine-don't post here mate!

Quote Originally Posted by 85Fuego View Post
    What??????
    That's like saying I'm going to fail you on your roadworthy because you have the wrong oil in it.
    Madness.
    In some respects, I can understand why. You only need to be caught out once performing an overtaking situation to then have the wrong spec belt fail at the most inconvenient time.
    1963 Renault R4 Van
    1964 Renault R4
    1967 Volkswagen 1300 Deluxe
    1969 Renault 8 Gordini 1300
    2002 Land Rover Defender Td5 130 - ex-CFA Region 4
    2005 Renaultsport Clio 182 Cup

Thread Information