807G 1596 160 HP Piston Sleeves
  • Help

Default 807G 1596 160 HP Piston Sleeves

Hello fellow Froggerz, I'm interested to hear of peoples experiences regarding piston and sleeve kits or assemblies for my 12G. As I left Reno spare parts in the 80's so I'm not familiar with what's available, the $ and more importantly the quality. I have had a chat with Salv Sacco and glen Gipperich but I also see Mecaparts have some, Wossner, Mahle, and some no name brands on Ebay. I want it to last so qual;ity is paramount, I've had the 125HP in Mahle without dramas. I would be grateful if you guys can share more recent experience and you also may be aware of additional suppliers. Thanks in advance JG.

Advertisement

Johnny,

IASA Argentina.

I have a very good friend from motorsport in Europe, who moved back to Argentina to run the Honda touring car team. When I was buying pistons for Graeme's Gordini the IASA were available from Meca Parts. So I contacted Fernando and asked his opinion. He says he has used them in his engines since arriving back in 2008, and has had no problems with them at all.

So I bought for the Gordini. They were so accurate to one another all I had to do was do valve pockets for valve clearance, and final balance weights. Even the volumes of the dome were exactly the same.

I will admit, only time will tell. I have since contacted them direct and they will supply to Australia, 807 type pistons.

My experience with 807's gives 150-155 hp on pump fuel at 10.5:1 CR with about a RA5 cam profile. And 160+ requires 12:1 CR and Avgas and the RA8 rally profile (+-305deg duration). So you need to do some homework on combustion chamber and dome volumes.

Have fun,
    Ray
    Ray geckoeng

Think Old, But Run Modern !!

Thanks for the information Ray, I'm aware of the relief needed and the need for good fuel. In the past it was never happy without quality fuel particularly at that compression. I was leaning towards the mecaparts ones. somewhere I do have the info on the combustion chambers etc - homework time :-)

1596cc sleeve kit on the way another piece of the puzzle sorted.

Thread Information