10S information request
  • Register
  • Help

Default 10S information request

Our good friend in Paris, Jean-Pierre Delaunoy, is looking for information about the R10S for an article he is writing.

Does anyone have a brochure and/or other information and specs they could send me please? I'll write it up for him.

Advertisement

Please PM me if you can help, so you can send me images of the brochure at fairly high resolution.

Much obliged.
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    Renault Scenic 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic 2007 (mine)
    Renault Scenic 2006 (daughter's)
    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980

National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

1000+ Posts

Relatedly, it would be nice to divert briefly to mention the foreshadowing of the R10S (just '10S' officially) that was the R10GT by John Ould motors in Melbourne.

There's a thread here somewhere on it. Rather better done than the S but too dear & a flop. As I mention in that thread, the 2 transverse leaf camber compensators fitted to my R8 & 4CVG came from the R10 GT programme parts bin.

cheers! Peter

It'll be interesting to see the article, there are the usual fundamentals, introduction in May 1970, all the 10S comprised the final batches of 10s assembled in Australia. So, effectively it was Renault Australia's XC Cobra, the 10S used up the remaining R1090 CKD kits, as well as providing a sporting vehicle in the absence of any 8 Gordinis to sell when Renault were winning rallies all over the place. The 4.5Ē rims were manufactured in Australia by ROK to ADR standards which required double safety humps, welded rather than riveted and utilising thicker steel Ė hence why I say they are better than the French 8G rims. Usual fluff, the stripe was a delete option, not all 10S had them, motor being 8S spec etc etc.

Let us know if you need a brochure, I've posted one up to AF before - somewhere post Great Fire Mk 2 - but it'll be the usual low res. It is more accessible that a certain Australian Hot Rod magazine, but it'll be Wednesday before I can send it through, I'd guess you are likely to have another one by then.
    1963 Renault R4 Van
    1964 Renault R4
    1967 Volkswagen 1300 Deluxe
    1969 Renault 8 Gordini 1300
    2005 Renaultsport Clio 182 Cup

1000+ Posts

The guy that was involved in the construction of the R10S retired to the Gold Coast and came to our club meeting some time in the late 1980's. Now my memory not being great, and it being a long time ago, I seem to remember him saying they made 200 of them and that he went down to a near by instrument manufacturer and ordered 200 sets of instruments for them. I have looked through a heap of old club magazines and not been able to find any verification of that story. I was interested as I had a 10S at that time. Any other Qld members remember his story better than me?

Quote Originally Posted by 4cvg View Post
    Relatedly, it would be nice to divert briefly to mention the foreshadowing of the R10S (just '10S' officially) that was the R10GT by John Ould motors in Melbourne.

There's a thread here somewhere on it. Rather better done than the S but too dear & a flop. As I mention in that thread, the 2 transverse leaf camber compensators fitted to my R8 & 4CVG came from the R10 GT programme parts bin.

cheers! Peter
    Thanks Peter - that is a really good idea.

Cheers
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    Renault Scenic 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic 2007 (mine)
    Renault Scenic 2006 (daughter's)
    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980

National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

Hi John,

I can scan and email the 10S booklet that was added to the original owners manual if that helps, I might have a brochure too but like Simon it would be sent through tomorrow.

Anthony
    Current Frogs:

1964 Renault 8 (1289 / Sonics)
    1968 Renault 10 (Modified 1.4L Alpine White)

Thread Information