2011 Renault Megane 2Ltr Petrol -Air Filter
  • Register
  • Help

Default 2011 Renault Megane 2Ltr Petrol -Air Filter

I have done my servicing on all my cars since 1966 but it's getting harder with the new engines. Is there anybody out there can tell me where the Air Filter and Oil Filter are hiding on a 2011 Megane, and is it a job you can do yourself ??
    Many thanks, Phil

Advertisement

Thanks Haakon. Looks very easy. Phil

Except you'd have to remove the under tray and get to it from underneath I suspect, possibly not that easy once it's in the car?
    KB

Buy the Haynes manual....
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    Renault Scenic 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic 2007 (mine)
    Renault Scenic 2006 (daughter's)
    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980

National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

Quote Originally Posted by renault8&10 View Post
    Except you'd have to remove the under tray and get to it from underneath I suspect, possibly not that easy once it's in the car?
    No I wont be doing the oil filter, to difficult to get to without a hoist. Air filter looks easy. Phil

Quote Originally Posted by JohnW View Post
    Buy the Haynes manual....
    Yes you're right John. Must see if I can get one. Phil

Air filter is easy as for the oil filter just use car ramps. Warning most places you buy the oil filter ,ie auto-barn, repco. super cheap or even on the net there books will recommend Ryco Z608 for the 2011 Renault Meagan 2.0 petrol . But you need Ryco Z436 ($10 at Bursons))because the center where the thread is ,is concave and the Z608 is not and will leak.

DO NOT use Ryco if you value your engine... They are dreadful quality and at best won't filter very well and at worst will fail internally and block oil supply.

Use Purflux from Caravelle Imports in Box Hill. Cheaper than Ryco crap anyway and having it arrive in your mailbox is easier than going to supercrap to buy it.

You need to stick it on ramps and remove the under tray to drain the oil anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by mthutt View Post
    Air filter is easy as for the oil filter just use car ramps. Warning most places you buy the oil filter ,ie auto-barn, repco. super cheap or even on the net there books will recommend Ryco Z608 for the 2011 Renault Meagan 2.0 petrol . But you need Ryco Z436 ($10 at Bursons))because the center where the thread is ,is concave and the Z608 is not and will leak.
    Thanks for the above info. I have had an oil leak on my recently purchased 2011 2Ltr Megane Privilege from around the big plastic under body engine cover so today I went looking. After removing the plastic underbody cover I noticed it was covered in engine oil but it looked like it had been there for ages as there were small stones etc trapped in it. My investigation revealed the sump plug gasket was leaking so an extra pinch up hopefully will seal it. Further investigation revealed I had a Ryco Z690 filter fitted and I must admit I'm not a follower of Ryco oil filters fitted to Renaults. A quick phone call to Main North Nissen/Renault spare parts assured me of a genuine RENAULT oil filter for $19. So I'll be fitting one of these ASAP. Cheers Phil

If you have a 2010 or 2011 Renault megane series 3 X32 the air filter you need may only be suited for 2010 and 2011 models.
    As alot of listings and sellers have a filter to fit all series 3 meganes.
    think reason is 2010 and 2011 meganes were built in Turkey and from 2012 the Megane is being built in Spain and they used a slightly smaller air box , although the filters look the same your 2010/11 megane filter is a bit smaller.
    Here is the Renault part number for a 2010/11 megane 3 x32 Air filter 165467753R or (old part number) 7701071327 about $60 from renault. Mann filter part number C2030
    can also buy from Brettstruck.com (in Sydney) $24.55 and a high $19 postage .
    Filter size is H 58 mm L 207 mm W 192 mm for 2010/11 megane only and 2012 on use a different size and part number.

Thread Information