R12/17 suspension bushes and balljoints
  • Register
  • Help

Default R12/17 suspension bushes and balljoints

Anyone know of a source of original bushes for both upper and lower arms? I need all of them (that's two on the lower wishbone, one for the upper wishbone plus one for the bottom of the shock - not sure if these latter two are identical).

Advertisement

If you know of better ones (like Nolathane/similar) let me know.

Also need the lower balljoints.

At this stage I am interested in local (Oz) sources.
    ACHTUNG ALLES LOOKENPEEPERS

Das computermachine is nicht fur gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitssparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken bei das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets-relaxen und watch das blinkenlights.

Kicking myself that I didn't message you last week. Got a parcel leaving the UK Monday, with a load of stuff that sellers couldn't be arsed posting here. There will be another possibility in a few weeks, if locals can't help.

No need to kick yourself. Pretty sure many would gladly offer a hand so to speak.

Nah, don't worry about it, I can order off ebay france, just wanted to test the waters here.

Also interested in what Nolathane or similar products there are (if any). The original bushings are real bastard to get in/out. Just have perfected a method to avoid destroying the fragile (by comparison) brazing of the bush housings to the arms, but it's not sexy to do it as many times as I will have to, so Nolatahane would save oodles of work.
    Last edited by schlitzaugen; 15th May 2015 at 08:43 PM.

Das computermachine is nicht fur gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitssparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken bei das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets-relaxen und watch das blinkenlights.

Fellow Frogger!

I bought lower, upper, and the shocker bottom bushes (different bush) in nolethane (or similar brand) around 2 months ago... There was some matching up to do, and the only castor bar bushes I could find had to be matched up and ground down a bit, but was all pretty easy. If you want I can get the part numbers of what I used. They were all available from bursons.
    On the back the "wishbone" uses 2 lower wishbone bushes, and the pivot bush that goes to the beam is still available (very cheaply) at carivelle. I haven't been able to find a solution to the rear trailing arms though.

Quote Originally Posted by angru View Post
    I haven't been able to find a solution to the rear trailing arms though.
    The Noltech solution on my fuego rear arms was to put a whoping great metal bush in(20mm??) , then cast the gap with polyurethane.

Jo

Quote Originally Posted by angru View Post
    I bought lower, upper, and the shocker bottom bushes (different bush) in nolethane (or similar brand) around 2 months ago... There was some matching up to do, and the only castor bar bushes I could find had to be matched up and ground down a bit, but was all pretty easy. If you want I can get the part numbers of what I used. They were all available from bursons.
    On the back the "wishbone" uses 2 lower wishbone bushes, and the pivot bush that goes to the beam is still available (very cheaply) at carivelle. I haven't been able to find a solution to the rear trailing arms though.

Looks like I am going to need those part numbers please, if you can find them.

How does the car feel now?

COL

Quote Originally Posted by schlitzaugen View Post
    Looks like I am going to need those part numbers please, if you can find them.

How does the car feel now?
    This guy has some R12 bushes for sale

onlineperformance | eBay
    Regards Col

1973 Renault R12 Station Wagon
    1976 Renault R12 Station Wagon
    2002 Renault Laguna V6
    1973 Alpine A110

http://alpine-a110.weebly.com/

Fellow Frogger!

Sorry. Hadn't seen your reply asking fr numbers. As follows.
    shocker lower bushes; spf1056k
    lower wishbone (same as rear); spf1055k
    upper control arm; spf1054k
    all numbers are super pro suspension bushes parts, and are available at bursons.
    For castor bar ushers I used nolethane 49006 from autobarn (had to use original crush bars and grind down a lot)
    As for how it drove, in the car I used them on,it made a big improvment. It's on a lowered stiff car and these made it feel a whole lot tighter.

Excellent. Good to know. I have seen the superpro bushes but I wasn't sure they weren't too soft.

What about the top of the shocks?

And while we're here, any idea where to get some bellows for the shocks?

Thread Information