Renault dealer service quality
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Kim Luck

Thread: Renault dealer service quality

Default Renault dealer service quality

So this is the pollen filter pulled out of my Renault Scenic that had a full dealer service history. Last service was Aug 2013 and has only done 7000 kms since then.

Advertisement

Renault dealer service quality-img_20141222_175549.jpg

You can draw your own conclusions.

That sort of neglect will kill your engine and devalue your purchase faster than anything, I'm sure. By the way, have you seen the filters of any other vehicles with 16 months and 7000 km?
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

Whether mine or someone else's, date and mileage is always written on a filter.

Quote Originally Posted by Kim Luck View Post
    That sort of neglect will kill your engine and devalue your purchase faster than anything, I'm sure. By the way, have you seen the filters of any other vehicles with 16 months and 7000 km?
    Pollen filter, Kim, pollen filter. Not likely to do anything to the engine.

Quote Originally Posted by robmac View Post
    Agreed, but he just might be referring to the 16 months between services....
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    Renault Scenic 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic 2007 (mine)
    Renault Scenic 2006 (daughter's)
    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980

National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

Quote Originally Posted by robmac View Post
    I was being uncharacteristically facetious, Guys. And John is right about the sixteen month service intervals. A little bit lax of the previous owner for my liking.
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

Quote Originally Posted by Kim Luck View Post
    I was being uncharacteristically facetious, Guys. And John is right about the sixteen month service intervals. A little bit lax of the previous owner for my liking.
    It is not so bad with 7000km on the clock, but it depends how the 7k km were accumulated. 1000 trips to the local shops might not be so good.

I have not had the oportunity to look at my new pollen filter, but I can assure you the old one (of unknown age) was about 10 times gunkier than that one and all collapsed at the side!!

Maybe yours did get forgotton, but maybe thats what they look like after 16 month.

Jo

well book says 30,000 kms change interval. Nothing written on the filter. I've seen a scheduled changed filter and it was cleaner than that. Even if it wasn't due, they can inspect it, and get put some compressed air on it.

In terms of the driving style, yes it does short trips (after all it's a kid taxi), but it also goes up the hume and on the freeways 50% of the time. The low kms are because it's not used that often, hence I don't think the 16 month gap is that big a deal.

1000+ Posts

Hi
    Well what a lot of pedantic bast**ds you lot are !

The man is making a point and it looks like a very valid one too! Yes you have been short changed qvic by the dealers. It puts the other stuff they have done in doubt also. Go to your local mechanic instead.
    Jaahn

Fellow Frogger!

Write a quick email to Renault. Link this forum to them.
    There's always the POSSIBILITY the car was parked under a tree, but you would have mentioned that in the first post.

1000+ Posts

Of course, the main thing also is to check if you were charged for a replacement pollen filter. I know the Laguna one is hard to remove and replace and I have seen a few of the wrecked ones at Dave Cavanagh's that don't appear to have been changed in the prematurely short lifetime!!

I always ask for the parts removed, as I like to check the wear and tear of the replaced component etc, and it depends upon where you park your car as to the quantity of leaves that get sucked into the filter.

Regards

How do you know they are not giving you worn parts from their convenient stash? Do you mark your components?
    Kenfuego and Wildebeest like this.

Thread Information