Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By Sunroof
  • 4 Post By philipjh
  • 2 Post By Kram
  • 1 Post By Kim Luck
  • 1 Post By 68 404

Thread: Renault in Russia

Default Renault in Russia

The rouble has taken a serious dive. It has lost 43% against the Euro this year. I wonder how Renault will account for it with their sustantial investment in Russia.

Advertisement
    Think Global - Ride on Spheres

Export lots of Russian-Made Renaults?
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by gerry freed View Post
    I wonder how Renault will account for it with their sustantial investment in Russia.
    rouble to rubble ...

or

rouble spelt with a silent 't'.

I know where the blame lies for Russia's economic woes, it's called economic warfare......
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

My (Russian) in laws are doing it tough. Fresh food is becoming hard to find, due to EU restrictions. It's about minus 7 in St Petersburg at the moment and it will get colder. The descent of the rouble (halved against the US$ this year) is hurting those who pay mortgages.

The trouble in Ukraine has nothing to do with the average citizen, yet they are the ones who suffer.

Politics...

Dave
    2008 Renault Laguna 2.0 dCi break
    ​1997 BMW K1200RS

IR655
    (George Bush Snr): "I'll never apologize for the United States of America. Ever, I don't care what the facts are."

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 68 404 View Post

The trouble in Ukraine has nothing to do with the average citizen, yet they are the ones who suffer.

Politics...

Dave
    Wars are always like that. It isn't the pollies that suffer but the rest of us. But it is the rest of us that vote for them. Even in Russia.
    jaahn likes this.

The brother of one Russian acquaintance thought he was doing the clever thing several years ago, and moved some serious grey income to a bank in Athens... Whoops!
    Fresh food is becoming hard to find, due to EU restrictions.
    I suppose the difference now is, the old black market system isn't there either... Russia has a terrible history of starvation in the last few centuries, I think it's largely under-recognised by westerners. Can certainly see new cars coming well down the list of priorities for people (I think the first two items are shelter and Skype).

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by Kram View Post
    rouble spelt with a silent 't'.
    roublet????
    addo, jaahn, 27of85 and 1 others like this.

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by Sunroof View Post
    Wars are always like that. It isn't the pollies that suffer but the rest of us. But it is the rest of us that vote for them. Even in Russia.
    The irony of all this is that the Pro Russian Ukraine Government was elected in in 2004 but the High Court said the election was rigged so after some protests associated, the PRU Government stood down peacefully. Note it was still a close run 50/50 in the balance thing.

Come 2010 elections and the PRU Government won with a majority, cleared and supported by the EU Courts and were the rightful, democratically elected Government.

3 years later, the PRU Government decides to favour Russian trade over Europe and that's when America steps in and starts funding the disruption - public USA records by the way, easy to find.

What many people don't realise is that Ukraine is rated the 3rd most important country in the world for ability to feed people, it is vital to both Europe's and Russia's future and will become more so to Isra.., oops, I mean America in the future.

Also note that in 1990 when Ukraine was given Independence from Russia, by 2000 they were broke, criminal ridden, wild inflation that caused a new currency to be introduced and generally stuffed it up completely and that's why a 90% vote win for Independence saw the Russians back in 14 years later, well almost, but decidedly back in 6 years after that - with a democratic vote.

So next time you see those bad (Ukraine born) "Russians Rebels", just realise you are being fed a Pro American line, they are in fact the democratically elected rightful people, how many wars has America fired up or threatened with the excuse of demanding a "Democratic Election!"?

I am not pro Russian in any way, but this just stinks to the core and people are dying and or starving because of it. There's a chunk more to the story but my tinfoil hat needs a clean
    Last edited by Kram; 18th December 2014 at 07:04 AM.
    addo and Kim Luck like this.

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by philipjh View Post
    roublet????
    Well done Boris!

Quote Originally Posted by Kram View Post
    So next time you see those bad (Ukraine born) "Russians Rebels", ...........
    What about the non Ukraine born ones?

Putin Admits Russian Troop Role in Crimea Annexation
    Any day I wake up and don't have to go to work, is a good day
    Every day is a good day

I'm with Kram. Here's a piece by an American journalist that has not been extracted from Rupert Murdochs a*se:

Viewing Russia From the Inside | Stratfor

click read more, close the popup and read on......
    addo likes this.

Europe has feared the power of the USA for the last century. Indeed, the French pushed for a European Union to try and get some sway over the might of the Americans. Airbus was formed as a consortium to battle against the might of Boeing.

Putin was hated by Russians under 30. Now that sanctions have been imposed, those same Russians are feeling more patriotic towards their country and are cognisant of the hand of the US in the Ukraine issue.

Dave
    Last edited by 68 404; 19th December 2014 at 05:56 PM.
    Kram likes this.
    2008 Renault Laguna 2.0 dCi break
    ​1997 BMW K1200RS

IR655
    (George Bush Snr): "I'll never apologize for the United States of America. Ever, I don't care what the facts are."

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by FIVEDOOR View Post
    What about the non Ukraine born ones?

Putin Admits Russian Troop Role in Crimea Annexation
    Crimea seems reasonably clear to me, first it's actually difficult to understand where Crimea's roots are, I mean who hasn't annexed it, I think Tasmania may have even controlled it at some stage, it's history of who has controlled it is quite amazing on it's own. But the fact is Russia has had it for the bulk of the last century at least and gave it to Ukraine with the independence of Ukraine in 1990 who then stuffed it all up as I said. Now the bulk of Crimea'ians are Russian and they were unhappy about going down the gurgler with Ukraine, were quite happy with the 2010 elections that put Pro Russian Government in and over the moon with the 2013 announcements of Pro Russian trade.

Now here's where it backfires for the Americans. Because of the unsettled environment the USA was causing, the Crimea'ians decided to break away and demanded a referendum for their own independence much to the shock to the USA! Ironic and would be funny if the USA didn't start even more crap about the referendum's result and people are dying because of it.

Again I point out that it was a democratic vote and a staggering 95% of a 85% turnout, no surprise since most Crimea'ians are Russians - but that doesn't suit a number of European countries who want their food source, nor does it suit the USA for reasons I won't get into*, and now we have hypocrisy from those countries that is killing and starving people.

I am not a preacher of peace and war is an evil that must be used on occasion, but this whole thing is a travesty of human decency.

So my timeline summary;

1990 Russia gives back Ukraine to the people 1990 along with Crimea after 90% vote referendum

2000 Ukraine broke, massive inflation and unruly

2004 Ukraine Russians almost democratically voted back in 2004 and took power but stepped down peacefully when asked. Please note the highlight.

2010 Ukraine Russians voted in with majority vote supported by EU Court

2013 Ukraine Russians decide to primary trade with Russia dropping the EU to 2nd place. EU very upset and Americans raise Government de-stabilsing programs and funding with this news** and this is when the anti_Government protests start. Again note the highlight, the Russian Ukraines were in Government, democratically elected, they did not start this!

2013 Russian population dominated Crimea, decide jack of it all and happy to hear more trading with Russia so want on bandwagon, want to succeed from Ukraine, have referendum and win with 95+% vote. EU and Israe*....err, I mean America, did not see this coming and blow a fuse. Crimea declares independence and solidification with Russia (what a shock, Crimea'ians are nearly all Russians!), EU and America fund civil disruption, people start dying and Russia sends in support - not complicated.

Shite hits the fan as the EU realise a major future food source is now in real jeopardy and it's actually the food supply angle that this, understandably, could get very, very bad. Even if it's resolved soon I expect it to continue to be a hotbed in the near future.

* I won't bring the Israel angle into this, but as with most trouble strifed areas in today's World, it is most certainly there.

**I'll dig out those US State documents on the weekend, quite shocking to me what they get up to, they even admit the destabilisation - they also have to keep it all on public record. Shame more people don't read them to understand a lot more about why there's so much nonsense going on everywhere (not just the USA's fault).
    Last edited by Kram; 19th December 2014 at 07:44 AM.

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by Kim Luck View Post
    I'm with Kram. Here's a piece by an American journalist that has not been extracted from Rupert Murdochs a*se:

Viewing Russia From the Inside | Stratfor

click read more, close the popup and read on......
    As I said, I am not Pro Russian or Pro anybody for that matter, people it's 2015 and it's very hard for Governments to hide their agendas now and if you just do even just a couple of hours research for yourselves instead of blindly following the crap in the media.

Don't listen to them, don't listen to me, listen to yourself. I was stunned to find out China was nothing like I had been bought up to believe all my life and after living here for 10 years please believe it. The very people who should be protecting you are lying to you on so many levels, and every country is just as bad, and I haven't got a clue why, very sad stuff.

We are all just trying to feed our kids, go to work, mow our lawns, catch a fish on the weekend, enjoy our cars and just be content with our lot - and it's no different anywhere in the world.

True, but the real gripe for me is when people don't realise how damn good they have it already!

Might be a bit of a consolation to know those who don't have it so good know it already?
    ACHTUNG ALLES LOOKENPEEPERS

Das computermachine is nicht fur gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitssparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken bei das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets-relaxen und watch das blinkenlights.

Thread Information