Fregate for sale
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By David Cavanagh

Thread: Fregate for sale

Default Fregate for sale

Fregate928 is offering his Fregate up for sale. It's a rather minimalist ad. I wonder if he needs a hand uploading photo's on here to help sell it?

For sale. Renault fregate

MG, do you need another one so you can do Fregate weddings . The next one would be much quicker now you know your way round a Fregate intimately

Advertisement
    cheers,

John

I can only comment that I have spoken with the owner sometime ago about this car and think it would be a much easier resto than the one I have been working on.

I'll contact him tonight and see if I can help out with the uploading of images.

Cheers.

I've owned 3 Fregates and wish I still had 1. I'm not interested in big resto jobs but I'd be interested in a complete running unrestored car. But how can anyone reply to an ad like that??
    jaahn likes this.
    David Cavanagh

FRENCH CONNECTION / PEUGEO WRECKING / RENOSPARES / CITROWRECK

03 9338 8191 or 03 93354008

34 KING St
    AIRPORT WEST
    VIC 3042

[email protected]

https://www.facebook.com/FrenchConect

And for the Renault folk to our far left ....

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/perth...dan/1062842136

Fregate for sale-imageuploadedbytapatalk1419297253.527227.jpg
    cheers,

John

You'd best grab that one quick JW, It'll keep you amused for years..

There's something not quite right with it though. It has 1100 oval plate which would make it a 55, 56 or so but the grill and bumpers are from a 53 I think..

Sunroof would know more.

Quote Originally Posted by 59 Floride View Post
    There's something not quite right with it though. It has 1100 oval plate which would make it a 55, 56 or so but the grill and bumpers are from a 53 I think..
    It looks right to me. An R1100 is the early two-litre small block car, with the early grille. Rather than your later 2.15 litre big block version, with the oval grille. For Australian assembly, '54-'56 is a good stab.
    1963 Renault R4 Van
    1964 Renault R4
    1967 Volkswagen 1300 Deluxe
    1969 Renault 8 Gordini 1300
    2002 Land Rover Defender Td5 130 - ex-CFA Region 4
    2005 Renaultsport Clio 182 Cup

1000+ Posts

Probably 53 - 54 definitely not 55 or 56 if an Amiral, 55 - 56 had an oval grill and 56 had large overriders and different dash. Unless it is an Affairs model. Pre 56 Amiral would have the small block motor. Affairs had small block motor

The Berwick car could be the one I had to sell when I shifted. A very complete car (1957 1101) with a heap of spare parts and some work done. I'm fairly sure the purchaser lived somewhere there. Fregate for sale-small_imgp9818.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by geecee View Post
    The Berwick car could be the one I had to sell when I shifted. A very complete car (1957 1101) with a heap of spare parts and some work done. I'm fairly sure the purchaser lived somewhere there. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	small_IMGP9818.jpg 
Views:	290 
Size:	58.9 KB 
ID:	64186
    Yep, that is the vehicle in question. That's the current owner in the picture, he says.
    There is a solution to every problem. There is a problem with every solution.
    • Renault R4L '63 - Descartes
    • Renault R4L '64 - Lucy
    • Renault Megane '07 - too young to have a name...

1000+ Posts

By the chrome/aluminium fittings, grill, and dash the car advertised is most likely an Amiral of 53 or 54. The Affairs never had overriders or the stone guard on the rear guard as standard. The photo of the door interior isn't clear enough to see whether it is two tone or plain. I'd have a look at the car if it was on this side of the country. It looks pretty good in the photo but one never knows until you are up close. Unfortunately I cannot remember what the oval plate number of my 1954 Amiral was. I would have it written down some where I guess but where??? I'll have a look tomorrow.

1000+ Posts

The oval plate number for my 1954 model was not entered even though I had the headings written down. Unfortunately 12 months ago the rusty bits went to the scrappy I don't think I kept the oval and diamond plates. But 1955 models started at about 50,000 in late 1954.

As it seems the Berwick car may be the 1957 Amiral I previously owned, here are some more images of it. The body was very straight and the car totally complete and original (two owners prior to me, one from 1958 till it was taken from service). Some rust in the front cross member was the major issue (but I'd say no worse than fixed by 59 Floride in his resto). If it's as it left me, it's probably the best unrestored Fregate out there. More images below - NB, the "timber bumper" was only on the front for purposes of moving, the bumper had been removed but was with the parts collection.
    Fregate for sale-small_p1000493.jpgFregate for sale-plates.jpgFregate for sale-small_fregate-preloadingb.jpg
    Last edited by geecee; 28th December 2014 at 03:34 PM.

1000+ Posts

Geecee, I like the look of it pity you had to let it go!

Thanks, Sunroof, it really did hurt to part with it, but I was moving from a country property with large sheds to a suburban type block with just a double garage. Even though I managed to get an extra double garage up, there still had to be massive disposals. I might add that I'd had it for a number of years and work on it was ongoing but 'leisurely'.

Thread Information