Looking at buying a 2013 Renault Latitude Privilege dCi - Opinions please:
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By JohnW
  • 1 Post By iLaguna
  • 2 Post By iLaguna

Thread: Looking at buying a 2013 Renault Latitude Privilege dCi - Opinions please:

Default Looking at buying a 2013 Renault Latitude Privilege dCi - Opinions please:

Hi guys!

I'm currently looking at replacing my 2008 Laguna Dynamique dCi wagon with 69,000km, with a 2013 Latitude Privilege dCi sedan with 25,000km.

Just looking for any current owners opinions with their likes and dislikes or any other opinions/pointers that they may have.

Advertisement

I'm looking at a few, but there is one that has caught my eye and it's in that Ultra Silver colour, which I think looks great, especially with the standard alloy wheels that are on them.

Also, does the diesel engine have a timing chain or timing belt? The one thing that gave me piece of mind with my Laguna dCi, was that it had a timing chain and not a timing belt.

The standard list of equipment in the Privilege is just awesome and the price seem's very reasonable too. I think they're a great second hand buy. Just a shame Renault doesn't do much promoting them.

Thanks.

James
    2016 Holden Astra RS-V 1.6L Turbo Manual Hatch - Current Drive
    2013 Peugeot 2008 Active 1.6L Auto Wagon - Current Drive

2006 Renault Megane Expression 2.0L Auto Hatch - Past Drive
    2013 Renault Latitude Privilege 2.0L dCi Auto Sedan - Past Drive

2008 Renault Laguna Dynamique 2.0L dCi Auto Wagon - Past Drive
    2002 Renault Laguna Privilege 3.0L V6 Auto Wagon - Past Drive
    1995 Renault 19 Alize 1.8L Manual Sedan - Past Drive
    1998 SEAT Cordoba SXE 1.6L Manual Sedan - Past Drive

Fellow Frogger!

James check out Renault model specific forum re info on Latitude

Hi James
    If budget stretches the MY13 is the pick there are some 2013 MY12. The MY2013 has a few upgrades on MY12 but MY12 is fine if in Vic there is a MY13 for $24600 drive away with 25k on clock... No worries about timing chain had same question.. No need for attention unless very high km... Agree GR8 second hand buys... If can, get one with Renault diamond care warranty

1000+ Posts

My 2013 diesel get 7.1/100 on a mixed daily use and 5.8/100 with loaded car on a trip. I use cruise control and always at the speed limit. I am not an economical driver. Problems, not enough pockets for stuff, or at least not large enough. Arm rests not as well positioned as my Kluger. Climate control doesn't seem to be as good either despite different zones. But I absolutely love everything else. Recent trip Bris to Sydney I used the massage feature about twice and got out of the car fresh as..... Where as with the Kluger Grande I would have been tired and with an aching back. Cost much less than half what it costs to run the Kluger.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunroof View Post
    My 2013 diesel get 7.1/100 on a mixed daily use and 5.8/100 with loaded car on a trip. I use cruise control and always at the speed limit. I am not an economical driver. Problems, not enough pockets for stuff, or at least not large enough. Arm rests not as well positioned as my Kluger. Climate control doesn't seem to be as good either despite different zones. But I absolutely love everything else. Recent trip Bris to Sydney I used the massage feature about twice and got out of the car fresh as..... Where as with the Kluger Grande I would have been tired and with an aching back. Cost much less than half what it costs to run the Kluger.
    And if, of course, internal pockets etc are what you want, find a good secondhand Scenic or Grand Scenic. Wonderful machines.
    markb2501 likes this.
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    Renault Scenic 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic 2007 (mine)
    Renault Scenic 2006 (daughter's)
    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980

National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

Thanks for the feedback guys, appreciate it!

Palah - I think that's the same one I'm looking at, 25,000km and down to $24,600 Drive Away at Brighton Renault, along the Nepean Highway. It's in Ultra Silver and it's 2013 plate. If it's still there next week, I'm going to make an enquiry. I could possibly get it a little cheaper, as I wont be paying for any on road costs - I'll be driving it back to Adelaide and then I'll have to pay the stamp duty and rego here.

It's such a great buy! So much so, I may have to buy it before I get rid of the Laguna!

Fellow Frogger!

You will not be sorry buying a latitude its a great car, just a poor marketing attititude by Renault Australia management elements. I would grab it asap but already have one lol.

Fellow Frogger!

Should have M9R diesel engine. Make sure all the software updates are done. Get them to do a forced regeneration and change oil as part of the deal.

niks - Well, I've put in the enquiry for the one at Brighton Renault, so I should hear from someone in the morning. It's a very good buy for the price and also, I received an email from carsales.com.au saying there has been more interest in the car I had saved, so I thought I'd better get in with the enquiry.

85Fuego - You're right, it's got the M9R diesel engine, so has the 'silent' timing chain, which is good to hear. I'll ask to have a forced regeneration done and make sure all the service records are up to date. I was thinking of having an RACV inspection done, the car has done 25,000km, but I think I'd be wasting their time and my money. It's under the Renault Diamond Advantage Program, so I think I'm safe.

Will keep everyone up to date with how things progress.

Quote Originally Posted by iLaguna View Post
    niks - Well, I've put in the enquiry for the one at Brighton Renault, so I should hear from someone in the morning. It's a very good buy for the price and also, I received an email from carsales.com.au saying there has been more interest in the car I had saved, so I thought I'd better get in with the enquiry.

85Fuego - You're right, it's got the M9R diesel engine, so has the 'silent' timing chain, which is good to hear. I'll ask to have a forced regeneration done and make sure all the service records are up to date. I was thinking of having an RACV inspection done, the car has done 25,000km, but I think I'd be wasting their time and my money. It's under the Renault Diamond Advantage Program, so I think I'm safe.

Will keep everyone up to date with how things progress.
    I can give you Brighton Renaults Managers Name and mobile number if you wish to short circuit the web/ fax delay.

Shoot me a pm if I can assist.

Quote Originally Posted by robmac View Post
    I can give you Brighton Renaults Managers Name and mobile number if you wish to short circuit the web/ fax delay.

Shoot me a pm if I can assist.
    Thanks for that robmac, but I've figured, if it's meant to be, it's meant to be. If the car get's sold to someone else, than that's my bad luck. I'm sure there'll be others.

I actually enjoy the process of buying of a car from a dealership and I work at a dealership, Mazda!! I'm not in sales, but stock control and delivery co-ordinator.

I spoke with Steve Allan this morning from Brighton Renault, nice guy, told me everything I needed to know and so was sold on the car!!

I pick it up on Saturday 13th of December, catch the 6.20am flight over to Melbourne, head to the dealership, pick up the car and then start to trip back to Adelaide.

This will now be my third Renault and the third one I've brought from Victoria and have taken back to Adelaide.

So, it's a 2013 Latitude Privilege X43 MY13 in Ultra Silver, with 25,500km on the clock. It's also under the Renault Daimond Advantage program, which gives me 2 years of free servicing or 30,000km from the date of purchase. It was originally driven by someone from Renault's HQ in Melbourne.

Can't believe I've bought one! Can't wait to take delivery now and drive it back!

Now I just need to sell the Laguna to make room in the garage. I've got it for sale on carsales.com.au, for $14,800 ono with 69,200km if anyone knows of anyone that would be interested.
    Last edited by iLaguna; 1st December 2014 at 10:42 PM.
    markb2501 likes this.

Trust you enjoy, Laguna privilege In V6 are nice drives but have a few niggles so far latitude is fine and good economy for size ... The warranty is also time bound, your next is due at 30k in 5k that is 1 of two free. same thing happened to ours as service light came on at 39k and thought next due at 45k but time bound...for some reason ours was serviced early so will stay like that unless run next past 15k but the warning light is big and bright, but earlier services can't be bad

I sold the Laguna!

It was only on there for a week and a guy from Melbourne has bought it, so it's heading back to Victoria after a few years with me!! Just waiting for all the funds to clear and then I'll take it off carsales.com.au. I was kind of wishing it was staying in SA really and I'll be a bit sad to see it go.

I pick the Latitude up on Saturday! Really looking forward to it!

Picked up the new ride yesterday and drove it back to Adelaide all in the same day!

Clocked up 800km on the ride home from Melbourne, fuel consumption was 6.3L/100km and after a full tank of diesel from Brighton Renault, I have just over a quarter of a tank left, which I think will last me at least a week in stop start city traffic.

I'm one very happy owner! Will post a few pic's up shortly.
    Kim Luck and 68 404 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by iLaguna View Post
    Picked up the new ride yesterday and drove it back to Adelaide all in the same day!

Clocked up 800km on the ride home from Melbourne, fuel consumption was 6.3L/100km and after a full tank of diesel from Brighton Renault, I have just over a quarter of a tank left, which I think will last me at least a week in stop start city traffic.

I'm one very happy owner! Will post a few pic's up shortly.
    Cool GR8 to hear.. Look forward to pics but take it same colour as at dealership Tip: have 60 days of free upgrades for tom tom so may pay to see if upto date..

Thread Information