• 1 Post By bingham driver
  • 1 Post By 85Fuego
  • 1 Post By R8philSA
  • 3 Post By G4ME
  • 1 Post By DrRenaultsport
  • 1 Post By COL

Thread: Geelong Revival this weekend - with Renaults

Default Geelong Revival this weekend - with Renaults

For those in Victoria the Geelong Revival Motoring Festival is on this weekend.
    Geelong Revival | Brings Speed Trials Back to the Geelong Waterfront

Advertisement

There will be a bit of French stuff getting around with myself in the 17G and also an Alpine A110 competing on the Sunday. There's also an RCCV display at the event.
    With about 30,000 people expected and some nice machinery as well as a Carnival feel I'm really looking forward to this one.

I'm not sure my car is a 1/4 mile sprint kind of car but who could resist a fang along the waterfront without being chased by the Fuzz

If you turn up then come and say hello.

Cheers..>Paul
    pug-life likes this.
    There is a law against doing more than 100kmh...there's no law on how fast you get to 100kmh!!!

Hi Paul. My son and I will be there so I"ll keep a look out for you in the fast moving 17G.
    Cheers mate
    Phil
    G4ME likes this.

Yep I'll be there too. Apparently I'm designated R17G pit crew. Not that I'll be needed of course.
    G4ME likes this.
    David Cavanagh

FRENCH CONNECTION / PEUGEO WRECKING / RENOSPARES / CITROWRECK

03 9338 8191 or 03 93354008

34 KING St
    AIRPORT WEST
    VIC 3042

[email protected]

https://www.facebook.com/FrenchConect

Hi Paul, I will also be running the Watson R 5 Turbo rally car, see you there.
    Rob Sealey
    G4ME and Kim Luck like this.

Hi Paul, Dave, Rob
    i will be there, but not competing unfortunately but as a corporate guest with Hino Geelong - maybe next year with the R8?
    hope to see you all there.
    angelo
    G4ME likes this.

Some results would be good thanks Paul.
    cheers

Oh & good news, took out 3rd in class in the Pedders/Midland Sprint Series 2014
    G4ME likes this.
    Once I thought I was wrong but, I was mistaken

Ah bloody excellent news chaps. We'll have a few down there.
    I am so looking forward to this event and I'm even going to take the camera. I have got to get myself a Go Pro at some point but I'll definitely post some times and results as we go.
    I've also managed to take the rev limiter off after Tarrangower so I'm expecting to have a bit of fun.
    Se you all on the weekend.
    ..Paul

PS Roger. You're on fire mate. Top job and look forward to catching you at another event soon.
    There is a law against doing more than 100kmh...there's no law on how fast you get to 100kmh!!!

Fellow Frogger!

Paul,

See you there with the RCCV and the Fuego.

David
    G4ME likes this.

Hi Paul, David and other Geelong Revialists.
    I'm sitting just above the Entry to the Geelong Revival (Geelong waterfront Apartments) and have witnessed just about the best display of hot cars ever. Can't wait to awake tomorrow morning to see the start of the big event.
    If you are in Melbourne or there abouts, come on down and see this fantastic event. Even the cup of tea next to me is shaking from the exhast rumbles going by, and I tell you there is some very hot machinery here.
    French car drivers, I'm looking forward to meeting you so fang out your cars and I'll be sure to recognise you.
    Saw a very good looking red Renault Dauphine Gordini go by a few hours ago.
    So folks, see you tomorrow for all the action.
    Cheers
    Phil and Sally.
    G4ME likes this.

Ok. My results are in.
    16.8 seconds for the practice run
    16.4 seconds for run 1
    16.5 seconds for run 3

You can go online to check out the full results of the A110 and the R5T here if you like Natsoft Race Results

I don't have many photos of todays events cos I was competing but have quite a few from yesterday. Thanks for everyone that came to say G'day and apologies if I didn't get a better chance to chat (Phil)

Attachment 63448Attachment 63449Attachment 63450Attachment 63451Attachment 63452Attachment 63453Attachment 63454Attachment 63455Attachment 63456Attachment 63457Attachment 63458Attachment 63459Attachment 63460Attachment 63461Attachment 63462

The 17 is looking good mate ... Very nice Paul
    G4ME likes this.
    Dom
    2017 Renault Koleos Intens Pearl white
    2014 RenaultSport Megane 275 Trophy RST 275
    1976 Renault 17 Gordini ... Welcome "Edwin"
    1967 R10 Round Eye ...Aug 16 gone but not forgotten
    1967 R8 Gordini 1135 ... Welcome "Jimmy Gordini"

Great weekend of motor sport, Congratulations to Paul, Rob and John for representing the marque so well.
    Good to catch up with Phil from South Australia. Our display ( Fuego, R18, R16, Clios and Meganne) wasn't that well placed but did receive some attention. Hope to be more in the public eye next time.
    Those who didn't come missed an excellent display of some beautiful machines, some totally ruined (hot-rodded) cars, and lots of interesting conversation. See you next time!
    Happy Sixteening ... John E

Some pics I took. All the Renaults looked good, sounded good and ran good.

Some serious stuff there, this Detomaso Pantera (pronounced in english The tomato Pants tearer) shock the ground when it blasted off.

GTHO's and Mustangs were like assholes, everyone had one
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Geelong Revival this weekend - with Renaults-geelong-club-disp.jpg   Geelong Revival this weekend - with Renaults-club-disp-2.jpg   Geelong Revival this weekend - with Renaults-hardy-pits.jpg   Geelong Revival this weekend - with Renaults-r17-pits.jpg   Geelong Revival this weekend - with Renaults-rob-pits.jpg   Geelong Revival this weekend - with Renaults-hardy-line.jpg  

Geelong Revival this weekend - with Renaults-paul-dummy-grid.jpg   Geelong Revival this weekend - with Renaults-detomaso-line.jpg   Geelong Revival this weekend - with Renaults-gthos.jpg  
    David Cavanagh

34 KING St
    AIRPORT WEST
    VIC 3042

[email protected]

It was just as well Mad Max was there because the gangs had certainly taken over the highways.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Geelong Revival this weekend - with Renaults-mad-max.jpg  
    David Cavanagh

34 KING St
    AIRPORT WEST
    VIC 3042

[email protected]

COL

Quote Originally Posted by G4ME View Post
    Ok. My results are in.
    16.4 seconds for run 1
    16.5 seconds for run 3

You can go online to check out the full results of the A110 and the R5T here if you like Natsoft Race Results

I don't have many photos of todays events cos I was competing but have quite a few from yesterday. Thanks for everyone that came to say G'day and apologies if I didn't get a better chance to chat (Phil)

Attachment 63448Attachment 63449Attachment 63450Attachment 63451Attachment 63452Attachment 63453Attachment 63454Attachment 63455Attachment 63456Attachment 63457Attachment 63458Attachment 63459Attachment 63460Attachment 63461Attachment 63462
    Quote Originally Posted by David Cavanagh View Post
    Some pics I took. All the Renaults looked good, sounded good and ran good.

Some serious stuff there, this Detomaso Pantera (pronounced in english The tomato Pants tearer) shock the ground when it blasted off.

GTHO's and Mustangs were like assholes, everyone had one
    Thanks for the pics fellas, looks like a great day had by all.
    G4ME likes this.
    Regards Col

1973 Renault R12 Station Wagon
    1976 Renault R12 Station Wagon
    2002 Renault Laguna V6
    1973 Alpine A110

http://alpine-a110.weebly.com/

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by reno1154 View Post
    <snip> some totally ruined (hot-rodded) cars, <snip>
    ???

If the owners like them that way, then good on them - their choice according to their preferences.

de gustibus non est disputandum!

peter

How's that Paul. R17G did 17.4 standing 1/4 when it was new. Your car. 30 years old is a full second quicker than when new. I think that's pretty good.
    David Cavanagh

34 KING St
    AIRPORT WEST
    VIC 3042

[email protected]

Congratulations to Renault drivers - I was there on Sunday and your performances matched how you turned out your cars - just sensational -

Quote Originally Posted by G4ME View Post
    Ok. My results are in.
    16.4 seconds for run 1
    16.5 seconds for run 3

Hi again Paul. Sorry I got so wrapped up in the racing I simply missed getting back to you. Mate, that was the best weekend I have ever had. I took hundreds of videos/photos and walked the entire track/pits and static car displays at least twice. Can't imagine why the entire RCCV wasn't there, must admit I was very dissapointed NOT to see R8Gs, R10, R10S, 4cvs etc. I guess I thought that there would have been a mass turn out at this major event. I thought that the RCCV would have had at least a collective dozen R8Gs, R10, R10S, 4cvs, Floride, Caravelles' to their credit. Anyway, I'm already booked in for next years event and I'll bring the R8 or the Caravelle down and hopefully drag some of the SA cars down with me.
    To any of you motoring guys reading this, it is honestly the best event ever. Forget the Grand Prix and the Clipsal 500, the Geelong Revival is better. Where else can you just walk over to the drivers and their cars and talk and touch the machinery. Then the drivers wil do a great burnout for you while you feel the shaking and smell the rubber.
    Well fellow froggers, see you there next year I hope, WITH you show pieces either on display or RACING !!! Remember you don't go there to win the time slots, you go there to show the world your beautiful machines.
    Cheers all
    Phil

Quote Originally Posted by reno1154 View Post
    Great weekend of motor sport, Congratulations to Paul, Rob and John for representing the marque so well.
    Good to catch up with Phil from South Australia. Our display ( Fuego, R18, R16, Clios and Meganne) wasn't that well placed but did receive some attention. Hope to be more in the public eye next time.
    Those who didn't come missed an excellent display of some beautiful machines, some totally ruined (hot-rodded) cars, and lots of interesting conversation. See you next time!
    And great to meet you also John. Can't wait for our next CAF Club meeting here in Adelaide, to tell them all about this great event. I'm sure we will meet up again and I promise to let you know if we will be coming down next year with a troop load of entries, I hope.
    Cheers mate
    Phil

Hi Phil,
    I couldn't agree more.
    This was the RCCV's first foray down to the event and I think it is fair to say the feedback will go to the next Committee meeting of a greater promotion for next year. I had an absolute ball. Yeah it's all over in a short space of time and my cars not suited but the point is the people, the array of cars and the venue were all first class. I LOVED the way they made a whole carnival out of it. They must have watched how the RCCV organised FCF last year.
    I'll be back and try to get to 15 seconds :-)
    ...Paul

Quote Originally Posted by David Cavanagh View Post
    How's that Paul. R17G did 17.4 standing 1/4 when it was new. Your car. 30 years old is a full second quicker than when new. I think that's pretty good.
    That's amazing. I had no idea.
    One small correction though it is 40 years old (1974)

Great job by my pit crew too (Dave and Fish and Graeme). Thankfully everything went sweetly and the only job for the crew was to stick a piece of Duct tape back on that was coming off the timing device. One pit crew member found a pub and sent me a text that he quit. Just as well for Renault reliability.
    Top day though guys and thanks for all the kind words of support.
    ...Paul

Thread Information