Renault info for Matra.
  • Register
  • Help

Default Renault info for Matra.

Hi All,
    I would like to know the thread size of a fan thermo switch that is used on the 16TS. The Matra uses a special casting for the top rad hose that went missing. I managed to get a new one and the thread size is a 20mm . Is this the size of the 16TS as well? If it is the same and will fit I need to buy one as well. Does anybody have one for sale?

Regards Frans.

Advertisement
    Old enough to know better
    Young enough to do it anyway.

COL

Quote Originally Posted by Frans View Post
    Hi All,
    I would like to know the thread size of a fan thermo switch that is used on the 16TS. The Matra uses a special casting for the top rad hose that went missing. I managed to get a new one and the thread size is a 20mm . Is this the size of the 16TS as well? If it is the same and will fit I need to buy one as well. Does anybody have one for sale?

Regards Frans.
    Hi Frans

I have just measured the R16 thermo fan swiches that I have here. 22m Dia x 1.5 pitch.
    Regards Col

1973 Renault R12 Station Wagon
    1976 Renault R12 Station Wagon
    2002 Renault Laguna V6
    1973 Alpine A110

http://alpine-a110.weebly.com/

I believe the Renault temperature switches are m16.

So you will need a reducing bush.

It just so happens 16mm steel conduit and 20mm steel conduit are standard sizes. So you may well find a brass conduit reducing bush does the job. Assuming the "planets align" and metric conduit threads are the same as the threads as the two devices.

Otherwise you are up for some thread cutting.

EDIT: Well, so much useless info - Col beat me to it.

You may find Tridon make a temperature switch with same specs as the R16 OEM but in 16 or 20mm.
    Last edited by robmac; 2nd November 2014 at 09:41 PM.

Think Global - Ride on Spheres

Frans, I had a similar problem when I had a Reliant Scimitar, and I took the radiator to my local Repco where a very helpful salesperson went through their catalogue and eventually found a sensor that fitted, Incidently, it was a Peugeot part.

Cheers, Henry
    When I find my feet,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I'll know where I stand!

1000+ Posts

Yes peugeot use a large diameter sender on 504 and 405, that i know of,. Could be some others pugs

Thanks guys,

I have just realised that it is all good. I was going to curse the French for being difficult. On the Tridon website there are all sizes available BUT 20mm but then I realised that it was me being stupid. I measured the ID and the sensor is meaured on the OD. So the OD would then be about 22mm isn't it? So then there are plenty to be used. So there isn't a problem anymore!

Please cancel this query.

Regards
    Frans.
    Old enough to know better
    Young enough to do it anyway.

Thanks guys,

I have just realised that it is all good. I was going to curse the French for being difficult. On the Tridon website there are all sizes available BUT 20mm but then I realised that it was me being stupid. I measured the ID and the sensor is meaured on the OD. So the OD would then be about 22mm isn't it? So then there are plenty to be used. So there isn't a problem anymore!

Regards
    Frans.
    It's always easier to ask a question than fix a mistake..

1000+ Posts

Thanks guys,

Regards
    Frans.
    Hello Frans,

I assume that you have chosen not to join Club Djet; this sort of information is a standard service from them - as is parts supply. The membership fee is minor. I have found them to be a splendid club but then I am not technically skilled in the way you are.

I am glad that the recommissioning is going well & enjoyed reading Olivier's story about it & you & the R8s in the Club Djet magazine.

cheers! Peter

Thread Information