Renault EV Twizzy & Kangoo EV on display: Melb Sunday Oct 26th (tomorrow).
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Only19

Thread: Renault EV Twizzy & Kangoo EV on display: Melb Sunday Oct 26th (tomorrow).

Default Renault EV Twizzy & Kangoo EV on display: Melb Sunday Oct 26th (tomorrow).

Hi all - having just realised I put this in the less than perfect forum - have now repeated it in the Renault Forum.

Having just realised (after some weeks disappointment about the All French Car Day ending up on the same day as the EV wekend I am on the committee for organising) - that some of you may be passing the Coburg Town Hall on the way, or may be interested in dropping in to the EV day diasplay too.

If so - there are two very rare EV's on display from Renault: the Kangoo ZE (4 of which are on loan to Aust Post) and a renault Twizzy brought in for for evaluation purposes.

Sorry about the late notice - I was a bit slow on the uptake on the French Connection.

Event link:GO ELECTRIC EV FESTIVAL | AEVA

Advertisement

Also a Tesla Model S, plus all the other major manufacturer's EV's and hybrids will be on display. Plus some old and rare EV beasts.

Cheers
    Bryce
    addo likes this.
    Who needs brakes? They only slow you down ....

What about a Zoe, Twizzy is way too small for OZ?

1000+ Posts

Thanks for the heads up! Went there and was impressed - especially with the Tesla.
    "The enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge"
    Stephen Hawking

Default EV Renault pics

A few pics from the EV day:
    Renault EV Twizzy & Kangoo EV on display: Melb Sunday Oct 26th (tomorrow).-img_2076.jpgRenault EV Twizzy & Kangoo EV on display: Melb Sunday Oct 26th (tomorrow).-img_2077.jpgRenault EV Twizzy & Kangoo EV on display: Melb Sunday Oct 26th (tomorrow).-img_2079.jpgRenault EV Twizzy & Kangoo EV on display: Melb Sunday Oct 26th (tomorrow).-img_2080.jpgRenault EV Twizzy & Kangoo EV on display: Melb Sunday Oct 26th (tomorrow).-img_2083.jpgRenault EV Twizzy & Kangoo EV on display: Melb Sunday Oct 26th (tomorrow).-img_2084.jpgRenault EV Twizzy & Kangoo EV on display: Melb Sunday Oct 26th (tomorrow).-img_2089.jpgRenault EV Twizzy & Kangoo EV on display: Melb Sunday Oct 26th (tomorrow).-img_2092.jpgRenault EV Twizzy & Kangoo EV on display: Melb Sunday Oct 26th (tomorrow).-img_2095.jpg

P.S. The Tesla Model S was a stunning drive!

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by driven View Post
    What about a Zoe, Twizzy is way too small for OZ?
    Perchance; but perfectly formed! The Twizy is one of only two modern Renaults to press my buttons.

cheers! Peter

Hi Peter,

It is the only modern Renault to press mine....... !!!

Ray
    Ray geckoeng

Think Old, But Run Modern !!

1000+ Posts

Well, I also like the Twingo. Not so much as it is but as it might be in a GT/RS/Gordini version (one that has had dialled out some of the dialled in understeer of the standard one) or, even better, a Smart Roadster style Alpine-lite roadster cum Coupe. I would leave the power just as it is & merely adjust the handling balance.

cheers! Peter

!!!!!!!!!! Excuse me while I go green...

Quote Originally Posted by Only19 View Post
    P.S. The Tesla Model S was a stunning drive!

Administrator

The twizzy is a confusing thing to me. I love the fun it envokes, but it just doesn't make much sense as a car. I have a little 1988 Daihatsu Handivan sitting here atm and it has 4 seats, real doors and windows and yet it weighs only 50kg more than a Twizzy and it's footprint on the road is only fractionally larger. I have no doubt you could turn it into an ev with the same limited range as Twizzy and reduce the weight difference in the process. I love the idea, but it's like its the answer to a question no one asked. It's almost the worst of a car and motorbike combined.

Quote Originally Posted by mistareno View Post
    The twizzy is a confusing thing to me. I love the fun it envokes, but it just doesn't make much sense as a car. I have a little 1988 Daihatsu Handivan sitting here atm and it has 4 seats, real doors and windows and yet it weighs only 50kg more than a Twizzy and it's footprint on the road is only fractionally larger. I have no doubt you could turn it into an ev with the same limited range as Twizzy and reduce the weight difference in the process. I love the idea, but it's like its the answer to a question no one asked. It's almost the worst of a car and motorbike combined.
    The non- battery mass of the handyman weighs a lot more than 50kg, any EV conversion with a Twizy like range would weigh heaps more than the Twizy. Plus it wouldn't be as funky.

The iPhone was a question that no one asked as well.

By the way - the Twizzy is not registered as a car or a motorcycle in Europe - they have a seperate category there called the 'quadracycle' . There is no such registration category here - hence the Twizzy cannot be registered for road use in Australia. Good luck to Renault for trying - but the registration authorities are very much against this category being introduced into Australia.
    Cheers
    Bryce

Thread Information