Renault Scenic II J84 Air conditioner
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default Renault Scenic II J84 Air conditioner

I hope someone here can help as I have not had any luck finding any solutions to this problem.
    Now that summer is coming up again I find myself turning the air conditioner on regularly.
    The issue I have is that the air coming out the passenger side(Left) is cold whereas the air coming out the drivers side(Right) is warm/outside temperature air.
    Does anyone know of a way to fix this?
    Is there some flap that I can somehow reach that will give me the cold air that I so desire?

Advertisement

We had a bit of foam fall into the ducting behind the dash at some point. Fixed under warranty butI got the impression I should have been happy I didn't pay for it by the dealer.
    Save the earth, it's the only planet with chocolate.

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by brax View Post
    I hope someone here can help as I have not had any luck finding any solutions to this problem.
    Now that summer is coming up again I find myself turning the air conditioner on regularly.
    The issue I have is that the air coming out the passenger side(Left) is cold whereas the air coming out the drivers side(Right) is warm/outside temperature air.
    Is there some flap that I can somehow reach that will give me the cold air that I so desire?
    Does this model have separate temp controls for both sides maybe one side is not working or set correctly?

Dealers sometimes get rough treatment here I reckon. Depends on the dealer. I've been very satisfied in Perth, albeit with limited need to use the service. Have you talked to the dealer? They've the best chance of having had to fix this before on someone's car, or maybe to actually know how the system is put together. It does sound like a blockage or a pipe that's fallen off.

Our gives a good blast, and pretty evenly from all vents. When you say one side doesn't work, do you mean both vents on that side, or just the one at the edge of the dashboard? That is, do both parts of the divided middle vent work, or only half of it?

Good luck of course. I'd hate to have to dig in behind the dash myself!
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    Renault Scenic 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic 2007 (mine)
    Renault Scenic 2006 (daughter's)
    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980

National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

Tadpole

sorry, no separate temp controls that i know of, i tried to run my hand up under the drivers side but i have big hands so no dice there. Passenger side only gets cold air(including on top of the dash including passenger side of the center console as well) drivers side gets only the outside air. Could be a hose that has become loose or detached somewhere as we have bluestone down the laneway to get to the driveway. Also in my searching I found that there are no wires going to the glove-box light.

no wires going to the glove-box light
    Could that suggest that than someone else has tried to fix the air flow problem?

Tadpole

it's possible, however my fiancee says that it worked when i bought the car. i am now tempted to rip the dash apart(carefully) to see what's going on back there. Does anyone know where I can get a repair manual?

Tadpole

took it to get a look at, with the mechanic near where i work. He said that it's more than likely that one of the rods that turns the flappy thing has snapped and no longer turns it. (I could have told him that) He also cleared some fault codes that appeared after I changed the battery. I have been quoted, by them, about $1500 and then some to get the timing belt and water pump changed. Does this seem reasonable? Also the some(around 150-200) is for the oil sensor which I allegedly shorted when i changed the battery. Seems a bit steep for me though. Anyone know of somewhere around the Cheltenham(3192) to Mordialloc (3195) area that services Renaults?

it's possible, however my fiancee says that it worked when i bought the car. i am now tempted to rip the dash apart(carefully) to see what's going on back there. Does anyone know where I can get a repair manual?
    Have you tried the Pit Stop Bookshop? They have a full online catalogue if you google the name. I've tried the cheap CD approach from UK ebay but they are hard work to find your way around. There is a Haynes manual - I'm sure I've ordered one come to think of it..... Wonder where it is.
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    Renault Scenic 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic 2007 (mine)
    Renault Scenic 2006 (daughter's)
    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980

National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

Thread Information