• Register
  • Help
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Geoff Stewart

Thread: Mt Tarrengower Results

Default Mt Tarrengower Results

Attached are the Mt Tarrengower Times.

Advertisement

Of interest is Paul matched Bob Watson in his 911 Porsche.Tarrengower results.pdf

Good stuff. I thought Watson was quicker than that? I must have been watching the "other" Bob Watson.
    Paul is consistant that's for sure and the little 1.6 litre Renault shows the Alfa's and most of the other Euros a thing or 2. The TR7's were quicker but 1 was V8 and the other Dolomite Sprint powered. There was a 1.3 litre Mini that Paul couldn't catch but it was running things like a 16V head off a BMW motorbike and all sorts of mods prooving power to weight is more important than cubic inches. Same with the fibreglass VW beetle running 2.2litres.
    David Cavanagh

FRENCH CONNECTION / PEUGEO WRECKING / RENOSPARES / CITROWRECK

03 9338 8191 or 03 93354008

34 KING St
    AIRPORT WEST
    VIC 3042

[email protected]

https://www.facebook.com/FrenchConect

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Stewart View Post
    Attached are the Mt Tarrengower Times.

Of interest is Paul matched Bob Watson in his 911 Porsche.Tarrengower results.pdf

Isn't Bob 1 second faster?
    ACHTUNG ALLES LOOKENPEEPERS

Das computermachine is nicht fur gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitssparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken bei das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets-relaxen und watch das blinkenlights.

What was done to the Charger to make it 15 secs faster than the R17 at 42.6? Can't have been much Charger left. John Hardy in the A110 was consistantly in the 48s.
    '56 Renault 750 (16TS Power)
    '62 Renault Dauphine Gordini
    '89 Renault Alpine GTA V6 Turbo
    '08 Renault Megane sedan

Quote Originally Posted by alan moore View Post
    What was done to the Charger to make it 15 secs faster than the R17 at 42.6? Can't have been much Charger left. John Hardy in the A110 was consistantly in the 48s.
    Never saw under the bonnet of the Charger but it bellowed and snorted like an angry grizzy with it's foot caught in a trap so I dont think it was standard.
    David Cavanagh

34 KING St
    AIRPORT WEST
    VIC 3042

[email protected]

A few years ago the owner showed me under the bonnet and it was running a modified 265 - six with a 4BBL Holley, but did say he was looking at converting to triple 45DCOE webers eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by R8 Dream View Post
    A few years ago the owner showed me under the bonnet and it was running a modified 265 - six with a 4BBL Holley, but did say he was looking at converting to triple 45DCOE webers eventually.
    I don't believe it's 6 cylinder now. If it is it's the wildest sounding 6 I've ever heard.......Nar, has to be an 8, and a big one too
    David Cavanagh

34 KING St
    AIRPORT WEST
    VIC 3042

[email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by schlitzaugen View Post
    Isn't Bob 1 second faster?
    I know it's not really the way of the web but I will insert a few details for the benefit of all.

The course is 1.6km long and climbs 182 metres.
    Bob Watson's 911S Porsche is listed at 2196cc
    Paul Stewart's 17TS is listed at 1596cc.
    Liam Sales Valiant Charger is listed at 4300cc
    Graham Alexander Holden Monaro is listed at 5760cc.

I stood around half way up the track and after turn 2. Yes the track has bends as well. The Charger was seriously frightening and Liam Sales has to be the maddest driver ever as the car was all over the road and jumping sideways and the roar was deafening. In response to the one second difference between Bob and Paul I think many would be surprised that a Renault of 3/4 the engine capacity and weighing more would be so close and I regard that as a match especially in terms of the comparative driving experience if you can say over that course and distance that one second is a difference then good luck to you.

John Hardy's car is a race car and that is why it is not included in the full bodied production car list above.

David mentioned power to weight ratio well the chargers suggested that sheer power was significant. When the chargers went past their fumes did not suggest normal fuel and the sound also suggested that fuel delivery had been enhanced.
    Maybe more people should go next year so that more questions can be asked and answered.
    Last edited by Geoff Stewart; 24th October 2014 at 06:50 PM.
    Kenfuego and Sunroof like this.

Thread Information