Anyone fitted a tow-bar to a series II Clio?
  • Register
  • Help

Default Anyone fitted a tow-bar to a series II Clio?

One for the AF experience brains trust: - just wondering if anyone has fitted a towbar to a series II Clio? (i.e. 01 - 05 vintage).
    If so - wher the heck did you get it? Hayman Reese don't make one & I can't find any other one either.
    Thanks
    Bryce

Advertisement
    Who needs brakes? They only slow you down ....

If it's anything like my wife's Megane soft-top I don't think you'd bother. Maybe that's one of the reasons tow bars are hard to find.
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

There's a few on ebay, but they're a different style to on here. When I was looking for one for my Clio French Connection had one (without the tongue though), and there was a guy on here with one for sale in the towbars forum. Ended up buying getting a second car with one. Surprisingly a 1 owner second hand towbar (with a free 1998 one owner Magna Advance attached) cost less than a towbar for the Clio.

Fellow Frogger!

On the gold coast is an importer of tow bars for European cars, sorry cannot remember his name. Just found his supplier who also said there was another importer, so go to. [email protected] this man is very helpful he manufactures towbars and associated wiring looms of high quality and exports them here for all European cars and they are a lot cheaper than original. Hopes this helps regards Niks.
    Last edited by niks; 21st October 2014 at 01:12 PM.

Thread Information