Mt Tarrengower
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By David Cavanagh

Thread: Mt Tarrengower

Icon10 Mt Tarrengower

Off to Maldon Sat&Sunday for the 85th Mount Tarrengower hillclimb, would love to get 'MURRAY' to crack the elusive 50sec . Will be interesting to see how Paul goes in the Gordini.

Advertisement
    Once I thought I was wrong but, I was mistaken

Keep the shiny side up.

Frans.
    Old enough to know better
    Young enough to do it anyway.

Have fun and keep safe.
    I was meant to be running with the Europa but the other half outvoted me for a prior commitment she made on my behalf
    Next year then...

Quote Originally Posted by bingham driver View Post
    Off to Maldon Sat&Sunday for the 85th Mount Tarrengower hillclimb, would love to get 'MURRAY' to crack the elusive 50sec . Will be interesting to see how Paul goes in the Gordini.
    Hey Roger,
    Yeah I can't wait. The new Harnesses are a treat (thanks again). My pit crew might turn up on Sunday for a look too (Dave Cavanagh). I wont be doing any spectacular times but it will be a hoot. 15 years ago I visited Tarrangower and vowed to run in it one day. After a long restoration and improvements my wish comes true this weekend.
    Can't wait to also see Murray running in the flesh. Looking forward to also see Bob Watson in his Porsche having a lash. Oh and that big Rambler too.
    Should be a lot of fun.
    Cheers..>Paul
    There is a law against doing more than 100kmh...there's no law on how fast you get to 100kmh!!!

Fellow Frogger!

MmeDauphineG and I will be going there for a look driving her dark green Dauphine G.

Quote Originally Posted by G4ME View Post
    Hey Roger,
    Yeah I can't wait. The new Harnesses are a treat (thanks again). My pit crew might turn up on Sunday for a look too (Dave Cavanagh). I wont be doing any spectacular times but it will be a hoot. 15 years ago I visited Tarrangower and vowed to run in it one day. After a long restoration and improvements my wish comes true this weekend.
    Can't wait to also see Murray running in the flesh. Looking forward to also see Bob Watson in his Porsche having a lash. Oh and that big Rambler too.
    Should be a lot of fun.
    Cheers..>Paul
    Is Hardy running?
    David Cavanagh

FRENCH CONNECTION / PEUGEO WRECKING / RENOSPARES / CITROWRECK

03 9338 8191 or 03 93354008

34 KING St
    AIRPORT WEST
    VIC 3042

[email protected]

https://www.facebook.com/FrenchConect

Yeah David, Johns runnin the Alpine,
    cheers, see ya there.

HOORAY! YIPPEE! YEEHAA! STOP PRESS!............Yeah I know, bit over the top for fella of my vintage but, did it in practice today after 4 years tryin'. 49:17, how bloody happy is this little black duck? Trouble is it doesn't count 'lessin I do it again tomorrow. Still pretty chuffed though.

Quote Originally Posted by bingham driver View Post
    HOORAY! YIPPEE! YEEHAA! STOP PRESS!............Yeah I know, bit over the top for fella of my vintage but, did it in practice today after 4 years tryin'. 49:17, how bloody happy is this little black duck? Trouble is it doesn't count 'lessin I do it again tomorrow. Still pretty chuffed though.
    I can vouch for the excitement. I think the whole paddock looked up when the celebrations began. A ripping time and it was only practice. More to come tomorrow.
    Well done Roger and "Murray"

...Paul
    There is a law against doing more than 100kmh...there's no law on how fast you get to 100kmh!!!

Default Race day update

OK guys,
    I'll let Roger update you on his efforts but for my part the car ran well and I got the times down to 57.15 by the end of the day.
    It was the first event since the engine rebuild and Wolf engine management so I was a little disappointed not to be around mid 50 second runs. Graeme has run his car in low 54's so I thought that a good benchmark. What I did find out is that most of the hill is flat out in third gear which was a shame cos the ECU tuning guys have put a 6300 rpm rev limiter on the car. So I had a choice. Bounce off the limiter or pull fourth gear. I tried both but the times were similar.
    Next time I'll have the limiter off and let the engine spin freely.

We had good support from Dave, Fish, Geoff and Graeme who all came along cheering. Thanks guys.

Great day and great fun. Here's a little photo I grabbed off my phone.

Attachment 61985

Cheers...Paul

Quote Originally Posted by G4ME View Post
    OK guys,
    I'll let Roger update you on his efforts but for my part the car ran well and I got the times down to 57.15 by the end of the day.
    It was the first event since the engine rebuild and Wolf engine management so I was a little disappointed not to be around mid 50 second runs. Graeme has run his car in low 54's so I thought that a good benchmark. What I did find out is that most of the hill is flat out in third gear which was a shame cos the ECU tuning guys have put a 6300 rpm rev limiter on the car. So I had a choice. Bounce off the limiter or pull fourth gear. I tried both but the times were similar.
    Next time I'll have the limiter off and let the engine spin freely.

We had good support from Dave, Fish, Geoff and Graeme who all came along cheering. Thanks guys.

Great day and great fun. Here's a little photo I grabbed off my phone.

Attachment 61985

Cheers...Paul
    Good day yesterday, all Renault's went well. To be fair it was Paul's first time and the car still has a lot of sorting to do so there is heaps of improvements for both car and driver.

But having said that like all Renaults it was still putting on a darn good show, most of the other Euro coupes for struggling to get under 1 min, The Italian stuff couldn't match the 17 and they were all 2L twin cams.

Hardy in the A110 is amazing running in the 47 bracket showing a lot of more powerful stuff that power to weight is more important than cc.

Congrats to all for a great day, Paul, Roger, John, Bob everyone put on a great show. Bob Watson was running his 911S and complained at being slow (52 secs) but laughed at my coment when I said gees Bob I hope I'm that slow at your age.
    27of85 and r25 baccara like this.
    David Cavanagh

FRENCH CONNECTION / PEUGEO WRECKING / RENOSPARES / CITROWRECK

03 9338 8191 or 03 93354008

34 KING St
    AIRPORT WEST
    VIC 3042

[email protected]

https://www.facebook.com/FrenchConect

I'm pleased to see French cars out and about on such occasions, rather than people having excuses about needing to attend the issuing of their niece's decree nisi or whatever.

Well done all

Raceday come & went, run No 1 49:5?, next two with a missed 3rd gear & a fuel surge 100 meters from the finish gave times back to 50:??. All over, not to shabby considering 'MURRAY' had a head gasket leak all weekend. Still happy with result.

Thread Information