Best drive ever
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: Best drive ever

s16

Default Best drive ever

I had the pleasure of driving down the great ocean road in my girlfriends clio sport, it was bloody awesome to the say the least. I initialy had reservations about how good the clio was compared to my s16, not anymore. I am jealous of all of you guys with these little rockets.

I first thought the clio to be a little nervous compared to the s16 but if you keep your bottle and don't lift the little clio can corner with the anything you can name. The brakes held up very well, but i don't think that i may have really used them to often come to think of it and the throttle responce is fantastic, so much fun to steer on the throttle in a corner and bang it wide open on the exit.

Advertisement

The handling is down right stupid, you car throw it into a corner at nearly any speed and without protest it will hold tight and zip round.

I still love the s16 but i will keep an eye on the prices of used RCS's and hopefully will have a silver sport to complement her black one. She is starting to get the hang of driving the thing so i fear that i wont be able to keep up soon.

The 2004 RCS 182 got a fantastic review by Evo magazine, they said it is the best hot hatch ever, especially with the optional cup suspension, since we dont get the cup i hope that that becomes a optional extra over here. I think it cost and extra 200 pounds. It also has stiffer, lower springs, twin exhaust setup, ala the V6, bigger wheels and a wider track.
    Last edited by s16; 4th March 2004 at 10:03 PM.
    Scott

'95 306 S16 - gone to a good home

'02 Renault Sport Clio - Monaco Blue

The 2004 RCS 182 got a fantastic review by Evo magazine, they said it is the best hot hatch ever, especially with the optional cup suspension, since we dont get the cup i hope that that becomes a optional extra over here. I think it cost and extra 200 pounds. It also has stiffer, lower springs, twin exhaust setup, ala the V6, bigger wheels and a wider track.[/QUOTE]

& the photo of it lifting the inside rear on the sweeping turn speaks volumes for the tyre/chassis/suspension - still hassling my dealer to see if the suspension, wheels and tyres are a straight forward retro fit, apparently renault also locally stiffened the chassis at suspension pick ups but we will see....

Thread Information