• Help
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By CarNut
  • 2 Post By CarNut
  • 2 Post By CarNut

Thread: Renault 15TS for Sale

Default Renault 15TS for Sale

Couldn't sell mine either with RWC for $800

Cut it up and sell the bits you will make more money and a nice wall ornament

Advertisement

Attachment 61236Attachment 61237

Fellow Frogger!

Wow......so you cut it into pieces and put it on the fence?

Quote Originally Posted by CarNut View Post
    Wow......so you cut it into pieces and put it on the fence?
    Heathens out there it seems. That looks lovely. Not even for $800? Perhaps you should have asked for more!
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    Renault Scenic 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic 2007 (mine)
    Renault Scenic 2006 (daughter's)
    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980

National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

Quote Originally Posted by driven View Post
    Couldn't sell mine either with RWC for $800

Cut it up and sell the bits you will make more money and a nice wall ornament

Attachment 61236Attachment 61237

That's looking like a possibility for my Clio if it current woes are as dire as the sounds it's making, particularly with 200k km on the clock, and timing belt due next month and struts needing replacement soon.

Although I'm hoping to use the whole front bonnet area as a BBQ, and the interior as a lounge suite in the shed. The trailer rear section may be a little too optimistic.

Fellow Frogger!

When I see cars like that 15TS for sale, I start thinking of ways to get my hands on them, even just to avoid things like this happening. It blows me away that there's not at least a few people out there who would want these cars. Is the economy in Victoria going through a hard time at the moment? Where are all the young fellas who are in the market for a cheap car? Is it that these old cars don't have air-con or that they can't do the standing quarter in 12 seconds? Is the classic car movement shrinking? I don't get it.
    Cheers
    Steve
    Sunroof likes this.

I think the enthusiast base is shifting; that's the most positive spin I can put on it.

A lot of "bottom up" knowledge is now no longer the province of people who consider themselves enthusiasts, for example we had within the fortnight a fellow on here who couldn't jerry-rig a carbed car to start/run when the wiring was an unknown. Patience is a lost art, perseverance also. It's more of the point and pay type enthusiasm, and a spiralling circle of ignorance breeding affected disdain through fear of being exposed as uninformed.

Then add the fact of increased risk of a ping when winding something out on a back road, and where's the motivation for those who've come up through the ranks? Gloomy days indeed.

Fellow Frogger! Alastair Browne's Avatar

Hey Driven, your 15TS is such a great colour, too. Look at all the boxes running around now - all black, grey or silver - yuk.

Quite frankly, I can't believe yours didn't sell. Mine is priced well above 'cos it's a good car but I fear I shall be keeping it - yippee!

Alastair

1000+ Posts

Perhaps it is the throw away society. No one repairs anything any more. So who wants a car they may have to work on occasionally.

Fellow Frogger!

I agree.....the green is a good colour. And I agree with you Addo......patience and persistence does seem to be in short supply these days. And it's not just the case with classic cars. When it comes to houses, so many people want it all and they want it now. When I was a kid, I remember going down to the river with Mum and Dad and we'd pick up river rocks and put them in the family station wagon, and we'd take them home where dad would concrete them together for garden edging. Dad and Mum would mix concrete together and make the paths around the house. They did the driveways too. I remember going out to a farm and Dad would pick a patch of grass and mow it. Then he'd get the spade out and cut out squares to load on the trailer and that's how Mum and Dad would get their lawn started....Dad would lay it out in the yard in a patchwork pattern, and eventually it would grow over to be a nice lawn. I just can't imagine many people doing that these days.
    When it comes to cars, it seems most people can't be bothered with the old stuff. I can see their point......it's nice to get into an air-conditioned car with all the modern gadgets at your fingertips. I guess that leaves the old cars for us, and makes them cheap enough to provide a satisfying hobby that we can undertake in our own time depending on our own priorities, finances etc.
    To see that 15 cut into pieces disturbs me a bit.....I'll be honest. Makes me wanna build a massive shed just for the storage of these cars that nobody seems to want, until a new and enthusiastic owner can be found......kinda like re-homing centre for unwanted pets.....ahem.....I mean, cars, lol
    Cheers
    Steve

Edit: Man.....who am I kidding??? If I built a shed for unwanted cars, I'd never part with them. I'd just end up with a million cars, lol
    Last edited by CarNut; 28th September 2014 at 09:57 PM.
    Sunroof and Duffster like this.

1000+ Posts

I even have trouble getting my wife to ride in any of my old cars. She continuously complains they are uncomfortable, unsafe, unreliable, and have no air conditioning. Once she'd go to club events under protest "Reno club event have to drive a Reno" said I. Now we have the Latitude I can no longer get her into an old Reno for even club events. "The Latitude is a Reno" says she.

Fellow Frogger!

I'm lucky in so far as my girlfriend says some of my cars are "cute". Mind you, she also says that some of my cars are downright ugly. She rarely goes with me to car shows anymore, and I'm fine with that cos it leaves me free to talk cars with the fellas without worrying about her boredom threshold......the Grand Display of French cars in Brisbane is the notable exception. She loves the atmosphere with the Edith Piaf and crepes etc. She also loves the 2CVs and Amis etc.
    The last girlfriend wouldn't get in any of my old cars. She went to Sydney and Canberra with me one year, in the Prestige, UNDER PROTEST, lol. That's just one of the reasons why she's not my girlfriend anymore.
    Cheers
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by CarNut View Post
    She went to Sydney and Canberra with me one year, in the Prestige, UNDER PROTEST, lol. That's just one of the reasons why she's not my girlfriend anymore.
    Cheers
    Steve
    Failed to qualify eh?
    Any day I wake up and don't have to go to work, is a good day
    Every day is a good day

Fellow Frogger!

You could say that. Cars have been my lifelong hobby. Why would I want to be with someone who begrudges me the hobby of my choice.
    Cheers
    Steve
    addo and FIVEDOOR like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Alastair Browne View Post
    Hey Driven, your 15TS is such a great colour, too. Look at all the boxes running around now - all black, grey or silver - yuk.

Quite frankly, I can't believe yours didn't sell. Mine is priced well above 'cos it's a good car but I fear I shall be keeping it - yippee!

Alastair
    You might be more successful if you raise the price Either you'll never sell it (and I quote you "yippee!") or you'll get enough money to feel slightly compensated.....
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    Renault Scenic 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic 2007 (mine)
    Renault Scenic 2006 (daughter's)
    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980

National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by driven View Post

and a nice wall ornament

Attachment 61236
    that is very cool!
    and very melbourne.
    well done...

In fact a mate has offered more for the "Ornament" than the complete car

Anyone want to make some money on their old cars??

Quote Originally Posted by Alastair Browne View Post

Alastair
    Mine box is YELLOW, they are faster than RED ones.

Guess what I prefer driving them than working on them now.

5 years and not a thing to fix, just routine service

This way I have time to create "Ornaments"

Thread Information