French Car Festival
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: French Car Festival

Default French Car Festival

Never let the facts get in the way of a good story.
    Appearing in this months RACV Royalauto Magazine is an article on the FCF for 2014 (attached).
    PCCV must be planning an amazing event cos they expect to get 800 cars and 4000 people through the venue. I'm sorry boys but try 250 cars and about 500-1000 people. Maybe it will be the visitor friendly paddock in Balwyn rather than the waterfront in high traffic Williamstown that will be the clincher.

Maybe it's all the kids that will be coming to the park to have picnics in the family friendly environment. Last time I went to Macleay park for an FCF you could count on one hand the picnics in the park and kids.

I wish the PCCV well but I will be at Motorclassica and not the FCF this year.

..Paul
    Attachment 61023

Advertisement
    There is a law against doing more than 100kmh...there's no law on how fast you get to 100kmh!!!

somewhere! Pilbara, Bowen Basin, Melbourne?

I thought the initial date in September was changed not to clash with Motorclassica, oh well, its been changed to clash with Motorclassica.
    John
    Александър Кристоф Шанел

Default French Car Festival

Paul, the tone of your post suggests that the FCF will be better off without your visit anyway.....

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ch View Post
    Paul, the tone of your post suggests that the FCF will be better off without your visit anyway.....
    Yep spot on. I am better off not there or I'd really start to pay out.
    Wont be room for me anyway with 800 cars going.
    Last edited by G4ME; 20th September 2014 at 02:32 PM.
    There is a law against doing more than 100kmh...there's no law on how fast you get to 100kmh!!!

Tadpole

I don't know who you are Andrew Ch but you take a bit upon yourself deciding who should or shouldn't be invited. Maybe there is some validity in what Paul says and as it's an open forum for thoughts you should treat others views with appropriate respect, you are pretty quick to pass judgement on another members views.
    robmac likes this.

1000+ Posts

Well, I wish it well. I enjoyed the one I went to at Williamstown but, for me, the cars & people are more important than the venue. (The best venue I've been to for a car festival was the Tasmanian midlands town of Ross. Until traffic movement safety concerns motivated a shift to an oval a couple of blocks away, it was held along & around the main street - magic atmosphere!)

As for timing, I prefer it. As an interstate traveller, it's nicer to be able to have one packed weekend & go to both. Last time, I decided not to go to MotorClassica because I didn't want to hang around in Melbourne for a week (I'm no tourist).

No doubt I am the sort of person whom the FCF is better off not having visit but I might just inflict myself on it anyway (& on MotorClassica).

cheers! Peter

Quote Originally Posted by Redbacks View Post
    I don't know who you are Andrew Ch but you take a bit upon yourself deciding who should or shouldn't be invited. Maybe there is some validity in what Paul says and as it's an open forum for thoughts you should treat others views with appropriate respect, you are pretty quick to pass judgement on another members views.
    Right that's it you're off the invitation list ! ..... : )

Now what's your name or is it really Red Backs ?

Fellow Frogger!

Everyone is suppose to be entitled to their opinion is this not what this forum is about or is it just for put downs and judgement for approval of the mob.

Fellow Frogger!

Sadly the egos are so high at these french days unless you have been in the game for many years with a string of of cars your just ignored regardless of what you drive.

Tadpole

Right that's it you're off the invitation list ! ..... : )

Now what's your name or is it really Red Backs ?
    Dear Andrew let me introduce myself my name is Robbie and I have owned Renaults for around 30 years my favourite is still the 16TS. Although my Christian name is Robbie, Redbacks is actually my super fighter title name dating back to my MMA days in America. I was given this name as a couple of time I caused some temporary paralysis in a couple of opponents- I guess just like a Redback can. Hopefully you can tell me a little bit more about yourself?

Cheers
    Robbie

Hi Robbie happy to share above and beyond my profile info. I've owned Peugeots since about 2004 mainly 306s and 205 GTIs. I've been an active member of the forum since 2006 and an occasional member of the PCC of Victoria. I've attended every FCF in that time and thoroughly enjoyed each and every one of them.

By the way I have abbreviated my surname in my forum name as It takes too long to type. If you wish any more info you'll have to buy me a drink : )

Cheers

Andrew

VIP Sponsor

I've got to say that Williamstown was great if you were invited inside, for the rest of us it was a pretty barren piece of Bitumen with no on lookers.
    I'll be displaying the rally car at Motorclassica but this is on the Saturday so will be OK to bring the 203 to the FCD.

Quote Originally Posted by niks View Post
    Sadly the egos are so high at these french days unless you have been in the game for many years with a string of of cars your just ignored regardless of what you drive.

Looking forward to attending my 1st French Car Festival; great that it's on the same weekend as Motorclassica as I will also be travelling from Tazzy too.
    cheers marc
    bluemoon likes this.

Williamstown was a great location ,but for cars that were not under cover there was one concern ,seagulls . The first festival I saw a few years ago when I was driving past Como park and stopped to have a look. I had been out of the French car scene for a while then and it renewed my interest .A venue like this is good because it attracts a lot of interest from passing traffic and not just enthusiasts . At a venue like Balwyn you are mostly preaching to the converted . Unfortunately Como is probably not big enough. There was an Italian car display there this year and many display cars were parked on the streets because they couldn't get in.

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by julian b View Post
    Williamstown was a great location ,but for cars that were not under cover there was one concern ,seagulls . The first festival I saw a few years ago when I was driving past Como park and stopped to have a look. I had been out of the French car scene for a while then and it renewed my interest .A venue like this is good because it attracts a lot of interest from passing traffic and not just enthusiasts . At a venue like Balwyn you are mostly preaching to the converted . Unfortunately Como is probably not big enough. There was an Italian car display there this year and many display cars were parked on the streets because they couldn't get in.
    Balwyn's good if you want to have a picnic in between wandering around the cars. Parking and getting there not bad either. guess its hard to pleaase all the people all the time.rob

Guys you're all missing the original point.
    The point being the garbage article in the Royalauto quoting ridiculous numbers.
    I'm part of the anti Balwyn camp because it doesn't meet any of the criteria I think is important like introducing the French cars to a new audience, grabbing as much public foot traffic as possible and giving sponsors and manufacturers the best possible bang for their buck.

But it is not my decision whether it is at Balwyn or not. It is PCCV running it this year and they can run it where they like and set their own success criteria.
    I'd just like a bit of factual reporting in the RoyalAuto on expected numbers.

Everyone has the opportunity to attend or not attend and that is a personal decision. Given the amount of effort required by volunteers to run these events I congratulate anyone that gets involved. Without the volunteers nothing would happen and no one would be able to bitch an moan about venues, quality of event etc.
    I just think its a bit rich to claim tripling and quadrupling the event from a highly successful event last year from Williamstown to Balwyn to be extremely misleading.
    Hopefully I am proven wrong and I wish the PCCV volunteers every success.
    ...Paul

1000+ Posts

I gather that Renault have a Twizy in the country. It would be really nice if they could be persuaded to bring it to the FCF.

cheers! Peter

I'm hoping to come for my first year, but I also have to get back to Bendigo that night and ready for the week ahead. What time does the day normally finish? I think I know the answer to this one (No), but if your car is on display, can you leave before stumps? Otherwise is there enough parking nearby to go, and leave early?

Daniel you can come and go as you please, there are no locked gates or anything so you can get home early. These things tend to wind down about 3 ish so no need to worry.

I agree with Paul about the cow paddock in Balwyn, I think it's been flogged to death and PCCV really need a new venue and its a pain to get to. Williamstown was so easy to find by comparison. I will be there because I'm a regular and it's a great chance to catch up people I haven't seen since the last one but really..............Balwyn again?

Royalauto wouldn't make up those figures someone had to tell them, I think someone is going to be very disappointed on the day.
    G4ME likes this.
    David Cavanagh

FRENCH CONNECTION / PEUGEO WRECKING / RENOSPARES / CITROWRECK

03 9338 8191 or 03 93354008

34 KING St
    AIRPORT WEST
    VIC 3042

[email protected]

https://www.facebook.com/FrenchConect

Default Zoe at Car Display ?????????

Quote Originally Posted by 4cvg View Post
    I gather that Renault have a Twizy in the country. It would be really nice if they could be persuaded to bring it to the FCF.

cheers! Peter
    A Zoe would be more "On Trend"

Renault Zoe Review | CarAdvice

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by driven View Post
    A Zoe would be more "On Trend"

Renault Zoe Review | CarAdvice
    Maybe; but the Zoe bores me rigid (although I loved the original concept). The Twizy manages to push my buttons.

cheers! Peter

Quote Originally Posted by 4cvg View Post

cheers! Peter
    Hi Peter
    Renault are extremely supportive of the clubs but it would require someone to ask them. I'm not in the "inner circle" on this one but if it doesn't arrive on site it'd be fair to assume one of two things. It's either unavailable or no one asked.
    Cheers...Paul

somewhere! Pilbara, Bowen Basin, Melbourne?

Any pic's of today's Renault turnout.
    John
    Александър Кристоф Шанел

Tadpole

Here are some photos off my phone French Car Festival-imageuploadedbyaussiefrogs1414395996.751948.jpgFrench Car Festival-imageuploadedbyaussiefrogs1414396028.338064.jpgFrench Car Festival-imageuploadedbyaussiefrogs1414396056.917317.jpgFrench Car Festival-imageuploadedbyaussiefrogs1414396088.423641.jpgFrench Car Festival-imageuploadedbyaussiefrogs1414396113.474359.jpgFrench Car Festival-imageuploadedbyaussiefrogs1414396139.341412.jpg

Via the aussiefrogs App
    lozenge likes this.

Tadpole

French Car Festival-imageuploadedbyaussiefrogs1414396384.015156.jpgFrench Car Festival-imageuploadedbyaussiefrogs1414396418.111963.jpgFrench Car Festival-imageuploadedbyaussiefrogs1414396484.268095.jpgClick image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByaussiefrogs1414396484.268095.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	97.4 KB 
ID:	62272French Car Festival-imageuploadedbyaussiefrogs1414396741.472599.jpg

Via the aussiefrogs App
    lozenge likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information