When in France
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: When in France

Default When in France

Spending 10 days on France and have been driving a Renault Megane manual , petrol turbo. What a great car, and a bit of a step up from my current 2 remaults back he, a pair of 4CV's. It'd it take me long to crank up the Bose sound system and soon gave the motor ways a miss and head for the "b" roads. Great fun!! What is it in French / European petrol that brings back fond memories of the smell of F1 cars in the late 90's? It smells so good!! Haven't seen any 4cv on the road, but still see at least 1 2cv every day. I did find a couple of gordini's Alpines, Matra and even a racing 4cv but they were all in the Le Mans museum... Will attach the Le Mans photos later... Well, back to the wrong way roundabouts, slick Megane and loud Aussie rock!!... When in France-imageuploadedbyaussiefrogs1410443550.914513.jpgWhen in France-imageuploadedbyaussiefrogs1410443576.962782.jpg

Advertisement

Also came across a group of Solex riders on a 40 k ride around the Mont Sr Michel area... I actually think it was a motorized pub run, either way I was jealous. G.

1000+ Posts

I assume that you already know about joining the 4CV Register. Hopefully you can make the Easter muster at Forbes next year.
    When I was in France in '99 I was also disappointed at the dearth of old cars.

cheers! Peter

Hi peter, as far as I know I am on the register? But then again.... Talking to a couple of local ( french) car enthusiasts, they were saying 4cv's are rapidly appreciating in value in France. They couldn't believe we had them in Australia, and secondly a guy like me (6'4") has two of them.

As promised a few more desirable cars.... Found these in the Le Mans Museum, along with many others. When in France-_dsc0223.jpgWhen in France-_dsc0247.jpgWhen in France-_dsc0264.jpgWhen in France-_dsc0248.jpgWhen in France-_dsc0260.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by 4cvg View Post
    I assume that you already know about joining the 4CV Register. Hopefully you can make the Easter muster at Forbes next year.
    When I was in France in '99 I was also disappointed at the dearth of old cars.

cheers! Peter
    Depends where you look. There are at least 10 4cv in daily use in this town. Very few cars of that era are in daily use except 2cv Cits. Most collectors keep them indoors and away from the unforgiving traffic and bring them out for Club outings. If you synchronise your visits with these (the LVA calender helps) then you will find no shortage of oder cars.
    Think Global - Ride on Spheres

Thread Information