Megane 1.5 diesel hatch reviews please.........
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By pclio
  • 2 Post By bigkev414
  • 1 Post By Trotsky

Thread: Megane 1.5 diesel hatch reviews please.........

Default Megane 1.5 diesel hatch reviews please.........

HI all. I'm thinking of trading the Megane on a 2013 Diesel hatch, 1.5 auto (or whatever they call it). I'm very please with my 011 petrol CVVT but would like to upgrade and go diesel again. Any reports please guys?

Advertisement
    I might act like an idiot, and I might look like an idiot, but don't let that fool you: I really AM an idiot!

Check where it's made. The earlier ones were built in Turkey, and Renault shifted sourcing of Australian models to Spain around the middle of the year. The RenaultSport models had always come out of the Spanish factory. The change of sourcing happened at the same time as the wagons were introduced, and trim levels renamed (entry became Expression, GT-Line introduced).

Turkey was a source for low cost models for developing countries, and Spain made the better engineered for Europe versions. The media has said they were built on a different platform, but I think it would be a case of the same platform, just a low cost version and a non-low cost version (but someone else may be able to clarify). The media seemed to prefer the Spanish ones, with the Megane coming in the top half of a Wheels multi-car comparison late last year, after coming second last a couple of years earlier predominately due to the change of platform. That's despite newer competitors being launched.

THANKS DAN.
    I might act like an idiot, and I might look like an idiot, but don't let that fool you: I really AM an idiot!

Fellow Frogger!

I have had a GTLine Diesel hatch since Feb this year and it is now up to 9000 klms.

Obviously the suspension and seats are different but mechanically the same.

Overall impressions are that it goes far better than you would expect and that other than some very slight confusion occasionally on takeoff where it will flair a little the gearbox is excellent. Averaging 6.1 lts 100klm at an average of 47 klm PH so a fair bit of urban travel.

Passing power is excellent and engine noise only heard at low speed.

I have an issue with road noise on the 17 Continentals and have done back to back tasting with a standard car on 16's and it was much quieter, about 5 decibels compared to other GT lines and almost 10 than mine!!

Renault,s tech dept say 80 decibels is ok which I find hard to believe but that is another story.
    Would I buy a 2013 (not GTline) yes in a flash,well equipped comfortable , economical,and different!

Peter.

ps. You aren't Big Kev , past MX5 owner are you?
    Current 2015 Clio Sport RS200 ND MX5, prev Megane Gt Line diesel hatch,Laguna 111 diesel, Lag 11 diesel,lag 11 V6,clio x2 ,Megane sedan;R10'and 12's x heaps.

cheers,

John

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by J-man View Post
    See, I said it went better than expected, even though it is 1.5 this clown thinks it is 2 litre!!

Peter.
    Last edited by pclio; 11th September 2014 at 05:55 PM. Reason: typo
    J-man likes this.
    Current 2015 Clio Sport RS200 ND MX5, prev Megane Gt Line diesel hatch,Laguna 111 diesel, Lag 11 diesel,lag 11 V6,clio x2 ,Megane sedan;R10'and 12's x heaps.

Quote Originally Posted by DanielBendigo View Post
    Check where it's made. The earlier ones were built in Turkey, and Renault shifted sourcing of Australian models to Spain around the middle of the year. The RenaultSport models had always come out of the Spanish factory. The change of sourcing happened at the same time as the wagons were introduced, and trim levels renamed (entry became Expression, GT-Line introduced).

Turkey was a source for low cost models for developing countries, and Spain made the better engineered for Europe versions. The media has said they were built on a different platform, but I think it would be a case of the same platform, just a low cost version and a non-low cost version (but someone else may be able to clarify). The media seemed to prefer the Spanish ones, with the Megane coming in the top half of a Wheels multi-car comparison late last year, after coming second last a couple of years earlier predominately due to the change of platform. That's despite newer competitors being launched.
    Nothing wrong with Turkish product. It's a highly industrialised place these days. I can't see the financial sense of putting the same body shell on two different platforms.

Renaultsport Meganes are actually built in the Renault factory in Dieppe, France.

They come with a snail at the back of the engine bay, and a packet of Gauloises in the centre console.

Dave
    2008 Renault Laguna 2.0 dCi break
    ​1997 BMW K1200RS

IR655
    (George Bush Snr): "I'll never apologize for the United States of America. Ever, I don't care what the facts are."

Fellow Frogger!

I agree,had a 2007 Megane sedan built in Turkey and loved it,sold it to someone on the forum and it was almost bullet proof!!

Peter.

Icon9

Quote Originally Posted by pclio View Post
    I have had a GTLine Diesel hatch since Feb this year and it is now up to 9000 klms.

Obviously the suspension and seats are different but mechanically the same.

Overall impressions are that it goes far better than you would expect and that other than some very slight confusion occasionally on takeoff where it will flair a little the gearbox is excellent. Averaging 6.1 lts 100klm at an average of 47 klm PH so a fair bit of urban travel.

Passing power is excellent and engine noise only heard at low speed.

I have an issue with road noise on the 17 Continentals and have done back to back tasting with a standard car on 16's and it was much quieter, about 5 decibels compared to other GT lines and almost 10 than mine!!

Renault,s tech dept say 80 decibels is ok which I find hard to believe but that is another story.
    Would I buy a 2013 (not GTline) yes in a flash,well equipped comfortable , economical,and different!

Peter.

ps. You aren't Big Kev , past MX5 owner are you?

no, I'm not that big Kev. surely there can't be 2 of us....
    re the tyres-I found a similar thing with the Peugeot 308(s) we drove, but the opposite. strange - the 17 Contis were better than the 16 Michelins.

I always take 'expert' car reviews with a grain of salt and seldom agree. They seem to overlook the major things e.g. this twerp and the engine capacity

Quote Originally Posted by 68 404 View Post

Renaultsport Meganes are actually built in the Renault factory in Dieppe, France.

They come with a snail at the back of the engine bay, and a packet of Gauloises in the centre console.

Dave
    Mine is Spanish, however bits and pieces come from the Dieppe factory!
    2005 Renault Clio 182 Cup

2011 Renault Megane 250 Cup Trophee - Sold

1997 Peugeot 406 2.0 Manual - On Loan

2004 Citroen C3 1.4 80th Anniversary (RIP)

Quote Originally Posted by 68 404 View Post
    Nothing wrong with Turkish product. It's a highly industrialised place these days. I can't see the financial sense of putting the same body shell on two different platforms.

Dave
    I've been up all night searching but I'm buggered if I can find the ciggies.....found a snail but it was dead, and an old oil stained beret tucked down under the radiator. Obviously you don't get Gauloises with my model..
    Kenfuego and IWS like this.

The difference between the turkish (B32) and spanish (B95) is detailed in the link below. Open the link in chrome and run google translate.

http://blogautomobile.fr/reduction-c...#axzz39koIGNFY

Thanks Trotsky. I knew there was some sort of difference, but had never been able to find what the actual difference was, only that the Spanish ones were better.

I guess it also adds complications for future crash repairs and the like having the two versions sold here.

Default Megane 1.5 diesel hatch reviews please.........

I myself have the turkish built privilege trim megane iii 2.0. Only after reading this article a while back did i notice difference, example the rubber lining on my vehicle has to hide the rough weld job on the roof which the spanish models dont have . Having said that, i have no complaints whatsoever with my vehicle. It is free of rattles and has been 100% reliable. Done 30,100km to date..
    renaultmark likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Trotsky View Post
    The difference between the turkish (B32) and spanish (B95) is detailed in the link below. Open the link in chrome and run google translate.

La réduction des coûts [2/2] : l?exemple de la Mégane III - Blog Automobile

Thanks for the link comrade.

Очень интересно

Dave
    2008 Renault Laguna 2.0 dCi break
    ​1997 BMW K1200RS

IR655
    (George Bush Snr): "I'll never apologize for the United States of America. Ever, I don't care what the facts are."

Thread Information