Renault Dacia Sandero in Spain
  • Register
  • Help

Default Renault Dacia Sandero in Spain

It was the best selling model in Spain last month. Renault have a runaway success with its low cost model strategy in an economically constrained Europe.

Advertisement
    Think Global - Ride on Spheres

Where are the cars sold in Europe made?
    ACHTUNG ALLES LOOKENPEEPERS

Das computermachine is nicht fur gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitssparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken bei das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets-relaxen und watch das blinkenlights.

Quote Originally Posted by schlitzaugen View Post
    Where are the cars sold in Europe made?
    Assembled in
    Roumania, Spain and Morocco.

Engines and drive train come from the Renault factories around the globe.
    Last edited by gerry freed; 10th September 2014 at 01:20 AM.

1000+ Posts

Having two streams (Dacia & Renault in this case) is a known good marketing strategy so long as one can warrant the extra for the upper stream. VW is clearly a master of this.

I wonder how Renault would go with a third, Premium, stream. It would have to be very psychologically distinct from the Renault stream. I wonder who owns the name "Delage' now.

cheers! Peter

Quote Originally Posted by 4cvg View Post
    Having two streams (Dacia & Renault in this case) is a known good marketing strategy so long as one can warrant the extra for the upper stream. VW is clearly a master of this.

I wonder how Renault would go with a third, Premium, stream. It would have to be very psychologically distinct from the Renault stream. I wonder who owns the name "Delage' now.

cheers! Peter
    Interesting thought Peter. It's been 75 years since Renault had a "premium" stream. Now, the nearest to that they own is "Infiniti" - look at the Red Bull driver's overalls.....

They are doing well at the bottom, probably profitable, end, i.e. Dacia.

Cheers
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    Renault Scenic 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic 2007 (mine)
    Renault Scenic 2006 (daughter's)
    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980

National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

I doubt there is such a thing as a top end market. I think all successful top end marques live off the bottom segment in their business. I think this is pretty much the same in just about any other business.Think how much Qantas charges in first class and how many people pay it. I don't think they'd survive without the economy class paying for the "gap". Top end market segments are there just for the perceived prestige they lend the bottom segment which helps sales there.

Renault probably knows this and I don't think they'll even try to get there. And it wouldn't be any benefit for us either. The VW group current lineup it's just overpriced (at least in Oz) to such a degree it's not worth it and sales people tell you it's because of the "prestige" (claim they justify by arguing how well the cars hold their s/h price - which I am not even sure it's true - and I don't really care. I think it is ridiculous associate "people's car" and "prestige" in one sentence). And so on.

I am happy with Renault and others making good, small, cheap cars. They force everybody else to rethink their pricing and product. Long live Dacia (and hopefully come here too. You'll see what it is if you ever get to drive one). Skoda is another example. Well, the Dacia is the next step in the same direction.
    Last edited by schlitzaugen; 11th September 2014 at 03:32 AM.
    ACHTUNG ALLES LOOKENPEEPERS

Das computermachine is nicht fur gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitssparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken bei das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets-relaxen und watch das blinkenlights.

Merc and BMW do pretty well out of the expense account, leasing market.
    Renault are responding to a European economic difficulty and to emerging economies by providing a low cost personal transport product. Their clever managment has led them to make a higher percentage profit on these cheaper cars than on their Laguna etc. The Twingo is in the same mould -simple and assembled in lower cost countries. They don't need to slog it out against the Germans and the likes of Jaguar. To further balance their sources of profit they have the whole Nissan range and its dealer networks in countries outside Europe. The global pecking order by volume is Toyota, GM, VW and Renault/Nissan.

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by schlitzaugen View Post
    I doubt there is such a thing as a top end market. I think all successful top end marques live off the bottom segment in their business. I think this is pretty much the same in just about any other business.Think how much Qantas charges in first class and how many people pay it. I don't think they'd survive without the economy class paying for the "gap". Top end market segments are there just for the perceived prestige they lend the bottom segment which helps sales there.
    QANTAS, from my understanding, make no profit from economy that is what pays the running cost of a flight, cargo, and the premium passengers are meant to be the profit. Yer I know they don't make any.

1000+ Posts

All of that said, I'd rather like to see a revived Delage. I'd especially like to see "art deco" design revived (were it to be able to be done in accordance to various regulatory restraints). Another desirable aesthetic direction for my taste would be a revival of the alligator-nosed Initiale concept car of some years ago.

Peter

The Renault Fiftie concept car was a few years ahead of it's time. As a prestige model today, with RenaultSport suspension tuning and any one of a number of their new power plants and gearboxes and a 250 kmh plus top speed it would today surely have some kind of appeal to the retro brigade that still buy Hitler's Revenge products.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Renault Dacia Sandero in Spain-renault_fiftie_front.jpg   Renault Dacia Sandero in Spain-renault_fiftie_rear.jpg  
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

Who were Qantas ?

Thread Information