4CV Engine bay Fibre Shield Dealies ??
  • Register
  • Help

Default 4CV Engine bay Fibre Shield Dealies ??

Pardon my 'Merican, I don't know the proper name of the pieces I am referencing.
    4CV newbie, trying to clean up my engine bay.
    I'm talking about the 2 flat pieces that flank the radiator, one on each side. Is it possible to buy these, nos, used or repro? I have one side that is broken and completely missing the other side.

Thanks, Alan

Advertisement

Most of us have replaced these with a stiff cardboard like material bought from a motor trimmer, and then cut them to suit, to block the gap each side of the radiator.
    '56 Renault 750 (16TS Power)
    '62 Renault Dauphine Gordini
    '89 Renault Alpine GTA V6 Turbo
    Ď02 and Ď03 Renault Clios 1.4L
    '13 Renault Megane RS265 Trophee +

Quote Originally Posted by alan moore View Post
    Most of us have replaced these with a stiff cardboard like material bought from a motor trimmer, and then cut them to suit, to block the gap each side of the radiator.
    Alan is of course correct. However, you can also buy them readymade from France with steel reinforcing rings around the holes for the fixing studs. Melun Retro Passion : PiŤces et accessoires pour voitures anciennes. Part numbers 311070N and 311071N. They have photos there, so you at least will see the correct shape if you have a look. You can buy the correct size rubber pipes to connect the heater air pipes too.
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    Renault Scenic 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic 2007 (mine)
    Renault Scenic 2006 (daughter's)
    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980

National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

Thanks Gents,
    John, that looks like an excellent resource for parts.

Best, Alan

The car I take care of has been redone in aluminum and the radiator is mounted to the ALU. Trick.
    Very nice upgrade.

Doing the Daffyduck dance via the AussieFrogs app. With a cane! gimp quack quack ow ow ow.

Quote Originally Posted by facelnut View Post
    Thanks Gents,
    John, that looks like an excellent resource for parts.

Best, Alan
    Hi Alan,

To answer the question you asked, go to Melun Retro Passion : PiŤces et accessoires pour voitures anciennes and click on the left upper tab "Catalogue", then "Catalogue general" on the next page. This gives a page of car makes and models in boxes, so obviously go to Renault and find 4CV, and click on it.

This brings up their standard menu under "Pieces Auto pour Renault >>4CV". Go to the line "Compartment moteur" and click on that line, which opens the next box to the right, and click on "Refroidissement", which is cooling. This in turn will open the third box (on the right) and click on "Carton de radiateur" - this brings up the parts, illustrated, below the boxes, and you'll see the part numbers. Then follow the various site instructions to buy them. They have a minimum Euro 40 postage, so you are looking at Euro 90, in turn explaining why many folk have made their own!! However, if you need other parts, you can buy other things at the same time until the postage can be seen to exceed Euro 40, maximising value for the order.

Probably Web Pieces Retro has them too, and Jean-Pierre's site is well worth a visit.

You could email Jacques too of course, being just down the road from your residence!

Cheers
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    Renault Scenic 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic 2007 (mine)
    Renault Scenic 2006 (daughter's)
    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980

National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

Thread Information