• Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Tidy Looking R10S For Sale

Fellow Frogger!

Default Tidy Looking R10S For Sale

Not mine.

Somebody here might be interested.

1969 Renault 10S | Cars, Vans & Utes | Gumtree Australia Blue Mountains - Springwood | 1055489564

Advertisement
    J-man likes this.

tidy? very tidy. luvverly in fact. but knock $2,000 off for saying "first to see will buy".
    Kim Luck likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by lozenge View Post
    tidy? very tidy. luvverly in fact. but knock $2,000 off for saying "first to see will buy".
    Geez, glad I didn't spot it first.

Jo
    Kram and lozenge like this.

Tadpole

Do the experts here believe this to be a genuine 69 10s?

Quote Originally Posted by Redbacks View Post
    Do the experts here believe this to be a genuine 69 10s?
    The advert isn't co-operating with me. It freezes half way down, so the only thing I can see are the pictures, and won't scroll down for any description (if any).

However, if it is a 1969 car, it isn't a 10S. The 10S was introduced in May 1970, the diamond/oval plate will tell all, as the 10S was in a specific range. From the pics though, it does look like a promising car, right down to the Brian Hilton dealer sticker on the rear window. Green/Brown wouldn't be my fave colour scheme, but, at least from the pics, it looks in very good original condition.

As for price, anything old that starts, stops, and has rego, seems surprisingly (at least to me!) to be commanding $5K minimum nowadays, especially if sold through Shannons Auctions. In this case, if the body is as original and in as good a nick as it appears, you would likely make a saving over buying something for less that requires any work such as rust repairs or paint. And if it is as well kept and original as it looks, that would be an extra bonus, though it would be nice if it has its original documentation which should also show 1970 delivery.
    Kram likes this.
    1963 Renault R4 Van
    1964 Renault R4
    1967 Volkswagen 1300 Deluxe
    1969 Renault 8 Gordini 1300
    2002 Land Rover Defender Td5 130 - ex-CFA Region 4
    2005 Renaultsport Clio 182 Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    The advert isn't co-operating with me. It freezes half way down, so the only thing I can see are the pictures, and won't scroll down for any description (if any).

However, if it is a 1969 car, it isn't a 10S. The 10S was introduced in May 1970, the diamond/oval plate will tell all, as the 10S was in a specific range. From the pics though, it does look like a promising car, right down to the Brian Hilton dealer sticker on the rear window. Green/Brown wouldn't be my fave colour scheme, but, at least from the pics, it looks in very good original condition.

As for price, anything old that starts, stops, and has rego, seems surprisingly (at least to me!) to be commanding $5K minimum nowadays, especially if sold through Shannons Auctions. In this case, if the body is as original and in as good a nick as it appears, you would likely make a saving over buying something for less that requires any work such as rust repairs or paint. And if it is as well kept and original as it looks, that would be an extra bonus, though it would be nice if it has its original documentation which should also show 1970 delivery.
    So what should the oval plate be Simon if it's an original 10s?
    Dom
    2017 Renault Koleos Intens Pearl white
    2014 RenaultSport Megane 275 Trophy RST 275
    1976 Renault 17 Gordini ... Welcome "Edwin"
    1967 R10 Round Eye ...Aug 16 gone but not forgotten
    1967 R8 Gordini 1135 ... Welcome "Jimmy Gordini"

I think he just meant the vehicle number would help age the car - there is no difference in R1190 etc numbers to my knowledge between a std 10 and a 10S.

Ps tempted by a yellow R15 are we Dom?
    KB

Quote Originally Posted by renault8&10 View Post
    I think he just meant the vehicle number would help age the car - there is no difference in R1190 etc numbers to my knowledge between a std 10 and a 10S.

Ps tempted by a yellow R15 are we Dom?
    Well I was tempted by this 10s ....just came back from having a look at it, it's Roger's old car and the owner Wayne ....really nice guy is selling it to fund other projects. Price a little too high for me. Not tempted by the yellow 15TS
    Dom
    2017 Renault Koleos Intens Pearl white
    2014 RenaultSport Megane 275 Trophy RST 275
    1976 Renault 17 Gordini ... Welcome "Edwin"
    1967 R10 Round Eye ...Aug 16 gone but not forgotten
    1967 R8 Gordini 1135 ... Welcome "Jimmy Gordini"

It looks to me like one that was sold by Rainsfords in Adelaide town some time ago, right down to the chrome dress rims on the wheels.
    cheers,

John

Quote Originally Posted by J-man View Post
    It looks to me like one that was sold by Rainsfords in Adelaide town some time ago, right down to the chrome dress rims on the wheels.
    Are you sure that wasn't the Le Mans Green R8 1100 they sold? The 10S looks like a long-term NSW car with the period dealer sticker on the rear window. A shame states outside SA don't let the car retain its original plates for concessional rego purposes.
    1963 Renault R4 Van
    1964 Renault R4

dvr
    Fellow Frogger!

Didn't all the R10s models have a black paint out along the sides? Should have the 8 port head and 4.5in rims too. It's got the correct instrument pack. All those items could have been changed sometime in the past 44 years if it's a converted R10. Does look good in the photos.

Are you sure that wasn't the Le Mans Green R8 1100 they sold? The 10S looks like a long-term NSW car with the period dealer sticker on the rear window. A shame states outside SA don't let the car retain its original plates for concessional rego purposes.
    My short term memory has always been dodgy, especially if it's something my wife told me the day before but my long term memory has always been excellent. Now it's also dodgy
    You are right Simon, this is the car I was thinking of, which I still think is the same car but with different rego ...

Tidy Looking R10S For Sale-mint-r10-s-rear-view.jpgTidy Looking R10S For Sale-mint-r10-s-interior.jpgTidy Looking R10S For Sale-mint-r10-s-lhf.-view.jpg
    R10S FAN likes this.
    cheers,

John

Why is the tacho on 2000 rpm?
    David Cavanagh

FRENCH CONNECTION / PEUGEO WRECKING / RENOSPARES / CITROWRECK

03 9338 8191 or 03 93354008

34 KING St
    AIRPORT WEST
    VIC 3042

[email protected]

https://www.facebook.com/FrenchConect

In NSW, you can't transfer historic rego.
    This car has had at least two RCCA owners in NSW we know of in the last few years, hence it would have had two different number plates (one for each owner) in that time. That makes sense in this instance. Can't comment on the Rainsford's comment. Brian Hilton is a central coast motor dealer in NSW.

I recall the R8 being sold. Does Keith Mc in Vic still own it I wonder?

He used to be on here.
    KB

Like this one ....

lozenge and Kram like this.
    cheers,

John

possibly, it had tan interior and R1134 7 inch headlights despite being an R1132 which your photo appears to have. I think it may have started off as a Vic car before going to SA and back again.
    I seem to recall the drivers side air vent may have been taken up with a tacho? (or am I confusing that with the blue R5 Alpine powered R1132 R10S fan used to own (the one that went from SA to NSW, to WA(?))

Between these two cars, they've almost done a lap of the continent during various ownerships!
    R10S FAN likes this.
    KB

Quote Originally Posted by David Cavanagh View Post
    High Idle.....
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dvr View Post
    Didn't all the R10s models have a black paint out along the sides? Should have the 8 port head and 4.5in rims too. It's got the correct instrument pack. All those items could have been changed sometime in the past 44 years if it's a converted R10. Does look good in the photos.
    No, it was optional.

Fellow Frogger!

A shame states outside SA don't let the car retain its original plates for concessional rego purposes.
    I don't know how it works in other states, but in QLD you can buy number plates if they're available, and register your car on classic rego with those plates. For example, I just bought a 1965 Morris 1100 which came with it's original documentation which states the number it was first registered with here in QLD in January 1966.
    I checked the PPQ website and that number is available, so I'll be able to register it with the first number it ever wore, although I will obviously still be subject to the restrictions that accompany the concessional rego.
    I also have my 1963 International Aaco 180 (Butterbox) on concessional rego with a black and white QLD plate from the period. The number isn't the original plate though, as the truck was sold new in NSW.

Quote Originally Posted by J-man View Post
    My short term memory has always been dodgy, especially if it's something my wife told me the day before but my long term memory has always been excellent. Now it's also dodgy
    Fourish years (since that R8 was sold) is reasonably short term in the overal scheme of things, so don't worry.

Those pics of the 10S should be used by the current owner though, they are so much better than the ones that have been used. Then all they need to do is write a better description to show the car justifies its price tag.
    1963 Renault R4 Van
    1964 Renault R4

Quote Originally Posted by CarNut View Post
    I checked the PPQ website and that number is available, so I'll be able to register it with the first number it ever wore, although I will obviously still be subject to the restrictions that accompany the concessional rego.
    Qld sounds similar to SA, where you can use standard issue plates or obtain a period issue number, to use in conjunction with the concessional rego.
    1963 Renault R4 Van
    1964 Renault R4

Quote Originally Posted by CarNut View Post
    Qld sounds similar to SA, where you can use standard issue plates or obtain a period issue number, to use in conjunction with the concessional rego.
    1963 Renault R4 Van
    1964 Renault R4

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by David Cavanagh View Post
    Raring to go ...

Quote Originally Posted by renault8&10 View Post

I recall the R8 being sold. Does Keith Mc in Vic still own it I wonder?

He used to be on here.
    Yes, still on here. Yes, still own the R8. Yes, the J-man photo of the R8 with rego plates "1952" is my car (the plates did NOT come with the car).
    Cheers
    Keith

Fourish years (since that R8 was sold) is reasonably short term in the overal scheme of things, so don't worry.

Those pics of the 10S should be used by the current owner though, they are so much better than the ones that have been used. Then all they need to do is write a better description to show the car justifies its price tag.
    Yes, John Williams' car it was in Adelaide (The green R1132 with the big headlamps I mean). He picked it up restored in Victoria for a laughable sum and I heard he had sold it when ill. I saw it in 2007 I think and it was a truly excellent car. Keith, you bought well. Simon, have you heard of John of late? He was the first owner of our beloved R8.
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    Renault Scenic 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic 2007 (mine)
    Renault Scenic 2006 (daughter's)
    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980

National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information