Seeing more Renault vehicles on Sydney Roads
  • Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 15 of 15
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Palah

Thread: Seeing more Renault vehicles on Sydney Roads

  1. #1
    Member Palah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    47

    Default Seeing more Renault vehicles on Sydney Roads

    Previous 2002 Laguna Privilege V6 wagon owner and rarely seen brand on roads... Since buying 2012 Latitude 2 months ago noticing heaps more Renault (not latitude than before... The new 5 year warranty must be having effect (still sucky resale but that makes gr8 2nd hand buying Had Latitude parked between about 2012 merc and late model Volvo s60 today and did not look out of place... So contry to reviewers who criticised shape when come out it has aged very well... People still don't have a clue what it is .... Which is nice

    Advertisement


    Via the aussiefrogs App
    markb2501 likes this.

  2. #2
    Fellow Frogger! DanielBendigo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Bendigo
    Posts
    655

    Default

    I'm seeing quite a few Renault's around Bendigo as well. The dealer opened up about 12 months ago, and they seem to be springing up. Clio is by far most popular, and Koleos second.

  3. #3
    1000+ Posts jo proffi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    sydney
    Posts
    8,396

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Palah View Post
    Previous 2002 Laguna Privilege V6 wagon owner and rarely seen brand on roads... Since buying 2012 Latitude 2 months ago noticing heaps more Renault (not latitude than before... The new 5 year warranty must be having effect (still sucky resale but that makes gr8 2nd hand buying Had Latitude parked between about 2012 merc and late model Volvo s60 today and did not look out of place... So contry to reviewers who criticised shape when come out it has aged very well... People still don't have a clue what it is .... Which is nice

    Via the aussiefrogs App
    I've only seen one latitude and that was a year or so ago.
    Koleos on the other hand are dime a dozen around here on the northern beaches, and almost exclusively driven by senior citizens.

    Followed a goon tonight with tail lights I've not seen before. I guess they too are rare on the roads I travel.

    Jo

  4. #4
    Member Palah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    47

    Default

    Plenty more in Vic but always seen more of brand down there suppose Head Office there so better presence... Also dealership recently opened just up road (Castle Hill NSW) Why brought another as no 40 Min drive to service

    Via the aussiefrogs App

  5. #5
    1000+ Posts Kim Luck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Melbourne, Aus.
    Posts
    17,957

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jo proffi View Post
    I've only seen one latitude and that was a year or so ago.
    Koleos on the other hand are dime a dozen around here on the northern beaches, and almost exclusively driven by senior citizens.

    Followed a goon tonight with tail lights I've not seen before. I guess they too are rare on the roads I travel.

    Jo
    You should get out more......
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

  6. #6
    1000+ Posts
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Boonah Qld
    Posts
    2,525

    Default

    Had two men admiring my Latitude yesterday at the neighbourhood markets. They seemed impressed. Future buyers? May be! They really liked the shape thought it looked like a Mercedes. There are a number of Renaults in this small country town. A Fluence, Koleos, Clio, R12, and a Megane are regulars in the street and we have a population of only a few thousand and no agent.

  7. #7
    Fellow Frogger!
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    225

    Default

    Been asked what sort of Renault is my Latitude and they were impressed when i explained and some said they would like to own one. I said they are so good, Renault do not think they need to advertise it. LOL. My neighbour has a fluence and we have plenty of other renaults in Williamstown have only saw one Latitude it was on highway when returning from Adelaide. Yes we are an exclusive car owner with class equipment and design. I am glad i got the diesel as its shown me great economy just over half a tank from Melbourne to Adelaide on cruise control. It also gets up and boogies when i needed to overtake someone quickly.
    Last edited by niks; 24th August 2014 at 10:21 AM.

  8. #8
    Should get a life 2353's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Brisvegas
    Posts
    4,049

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sunroof View Post
    Had two men admiring my Latitude yesterday at the neighbourhood markets. They seemed impressed. Future buyers? May be! They really liked the shape thought it looked like a Mercedes. There are a number of Renaults in this small country town. A Fluence, Koleos, Clio, R12, and a Megane are regulars in the street and we have a population of only a few thousand and no agent.
    The older couple that own the R12 have brought it in to the Brisbane French Car display a few times. The car has an interesting history.
    Save the earth, it's the only planet with chocolate.

  9. #9
    Member Palah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sunroof View Post
    Had two men admiring my Latitude yesterday at the neighbourhood markets. They seemed impressed. Future buyers? May be! They really liked the shape thought it looked like a Mercedes. There are a number of Renaults in this small country town. A Fluence, Koleos, Clio, R12, and a Megane are regulars in the street and we have a population of only a few thousand and no agent.
    Actually think its one of those shapes that will get better with age ... still looks fresh and individual enough....wife says looks classy (she is not a car girl so does not normally say anything thinking of selling Kia Platinum and buying another as change over will be similar (love that depreciation ...

  10. #10
    Fellow Frogger! iLaguna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Adelaide, SA, Australia
    Posts
    283

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Palah View Post
    Previous 2002 Laguna Privilege V6 wagon owner and rarely seen brand on roads... Since buying 2012 Latitude 2 months ago noticing heaps more Renault (not latitude than before... The new 5 year warranty must be having effect (still sucky resale but that makes gr8 2nd hand buying Had Latitude parked between about 2012 merc and late model Volvo s60 today and did not look out of place... So contry to reviewers who criticised shape when come out it has aged very well... People still don't have a clue what it is .... Which is nice

    Via the aussiefrogs App
    I was a previous owner of a 2002 Laguna Privilege V6 Wagon too and loved the power, the way it handled and drove around country bends. I'm now an owner of a 2008 Laguna Dynamique dCi Wagon and love it even more than the V6, the fuel economy is simply amazing, especially on the long trips.

    Have been looking at a Latitude Luxe diesel as a second hand buy to replace the Laguna.

    There's only two Renault dealers in the whole of Adelaide, but surprisingly, there are a lot of Renault's on the road here. The Koleos and Clio and are stand out, but so is the Trafic and Master LCV's.
    2016 Holden Astra RS-V 1.6L Turbo Manual Hatch - Current Drive
    2013 Peugeot 2008 Active 1.6L Auto Wagon - Current Drive

    2006 Renault Megane Expression 2.0L Auto Hatch - Past Drive
    2013 Renault Latitude Privilege 2.0L dCi Auto Sedan - Past Drive

    2008 Renault Laguna Dynamique 2.0L dCi Auto Wagon - Past Drive
    2002 Renault Laguna Privilege 3.0L V6 Auto Wagon - Past Drive
    1995 Renault 19 Alize 1.8L Manual Sedan - Past Drive
    1998 SEAT Cordoba SXE 1.6L Manual Sedan - Past Drive


  11. #11
    Member Palah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    47

    Default

    Yes was a gr8 car besides the once in a while (before started to miss) clean the oil away from injection plugs Had pilot sport 3 tyres on and in wet was like on rails.. Would leave many V8s in wet... while they spun wheels could just flatten Laguna and it would take off... Drove the later Laguna's and did not like as started to cut corners preferred what had until written off


    Via the aussiefrogs App

  12. #12
    Member Palah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by niks View Post
    It also gets up and boogies when i needed to overtake someone quickly.
    Have not driven on highway yet but yes does surprise will get going when ask briskly .. Hey no rocket, it's not intended to be but in Sydney racing to just sit at next lights does not make sense anymore going down to Wollongong next sat so will reset trip computer and see what does on run

    Via the aussiefrogs App

  13. #13
    Fellow Frogger!
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iLaguna View Post
    I was a previous owner of a 2002 Laguna Privilege V6 Wagon too and loved the power, the way it handled and drove around country bends. I'm now an owner of a 2008 Laguna Dynamique dCi Wagon and love it even more than the V6, the fuel economy is simply amazing, especially on the long trips.

    Have been looking at a Latitude Luxe diesel as a second hand buy to replace the Laguna.

    There's only two Renault dealers in the whole of Adelaide, but surprisingly, there are a lot of Renault's on the road here. The Koleos and Clio and are stand out, but so is the Trafic and Master LCV's.
    I noticed many Renaults in Adelaide with Melboune dealer number plate surrounds. so it appears a quick trip to Melboune will get you a bargain, then you get cheap SA rego on top of the bargain.

  14. #14
    Fellow Frogger! iLaguna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Adelaide, SA, Australia
    Posts
    283

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by niks View Post
    I noticed many Renaults in Adelaide with Melboune dealer number plate surrounds. so it appears a quick trip to Melboune will get you a bargain, then you get cheap SA rego on top of the bargain.
    I bought both of my Renaults as second hand buys and from Melbourne and drove them back to Adelaide, but only because I couldn't find what I was looking for in South Australia. I wouldn't have left the number plate surrounds on though and I couldn't anyway, as I've always had the SA Euro plates on my Renault's.

    SA rego isn't as cheap as it used to be, might still be cheaper than what you guys get slugged with however.
    2016 Holden Astra RS-V 1.6L Turbo Manual Hatch - Current Drive
    2013 Peugeot 2008 Active 1.6L Auto Wagon - Current Drive

    2006 Renault Megane Expression 2.0L Auto Hatch - Past Drive
    2013 Renault Latitude Privilege 2.0L dCi Auto Sedan - Past Drive

    2008 Renault Laguna Dynamique 2.0L dCi Auto Wagon - Past Drive
    2002 Renault Laguna Privilege 3.0L V6 Auto Wagon - Past Drive
    1995 Renault 19 Alize 1.8L Manual Sedan - Past Drive
    1998 SEAT Cordoba SXE 1.6L Manual Sedan - Past Drive


  15. #15
    Member Palah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    47

    Default

    Did not take latitude last weekend to Camden, as worker took daughter out so don't know what returns on highway but kia gets down to 6.4 Lt /100km so pretty good for medium car... Did drive a hire Nissan pathfinder last week and the latitude seats leave for dead plus don't miss the foot operated brake in either kia or pathfinder

    Via the aussiefrogs App

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •