R1135 Gordini replacement alternator help
  • Register
  • Help
    R8G

Default R1135 Gordini replacement alternator help

Hi,

Could anyone supply me with the replacement no# for a Bosch or equivelant alternator for an 1135 R8 Gordini please?

The one listed in the manual is a S.E.V. MOTOROLA A14/30-40, the problem I have is the old dead Lucas and the Bosch (also dead) I sourced out of dads garage have rather large fans on them and they only clear the Gordini strengthened alternator bracket at max adjustment.

I would prefer to have the correct one with the right clearances for adjustment.

Advertisement

Thanks in advance.

Jason

I'm of no help, as my car has the SEV-Motorola type.

What is the one fitted to the car at the moment? Just wondering if an overhaul or new brushes will bring it back to life if it already fits. Also, if it is something like an Aussie Lucas or Bosch, these alternators generally have the same size pulley spindle, so you may be able to swap over the existing pulley and fan that fits, onto the new alternator. Of course checking things like clearances, pulley alignment and if the old fan will suit the new alternator.

Also does your car have an original sale/delivery date? I'm just trying to ascertain the date of a factory photo, and the date of a second batch Cannes Blue R1135 may be able to help get close.
    1963 Renault R4 Van
    1964 Renault R4
    1967 Volkswagen 1300 Deluxe
    1969 Renault 8 Gordini 1300
    2002 Land Rover Defender Td5 130 - ex-CFA Region 4
    2005 Renaultsport Clio 182 Cup

R8G

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    I'm of no help, as my car has the SEV-Motorola type.

What is the one fitted to the car at the moment? Just wondering if an overhaul or new brushes will bring it back to life if it already fits. Also, if it is something like an Aussie Lucas or Bosch, these alternators generally have the same size pulley spindle, so you may be able to swap over the existing pulley and fan that fits, onto the new alternator. Of course checking things like clearances, pulley alignment and if the old fan will suit the new alternator.

Also does your car have an original sale/delivery date? I'm just trying to ascertain the date of a factory photo, and the date of a second batch Cannes Blue R1135 may be able to help get close.
    It had a Lucas alternator that never fitted properly, the fan blades on the pulley broke off, some went in the alternator, some got flung up and put dings in the boot lid and made a right mess, it's been pretty much off the road since then but now I'm giving it back some love and getting the repairs needed. Dad had a few spare alternators but all appear to be dead (me now thinks they were door stops) but the Bosch does fit better, if I can find slightly smaller fan then it will fit well.

I don't have the original sale/delivery date Simon. I have the cars history back to 1985 when a Steve Harris owner it. I do have his address and should sent him a letter and see if I can get the history further back.

Warm regards,
    Jason
    Jason Emmelkamp
    President, Renault Car Club of Australia

• 1967 Renault 8 Gordini
    • 2006 Renault Megane BO 225 Cup
    • 2014 Renault Fluence (Ph.2)

Thread Information