• Register
  • Help
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By jo proffi
  • 1 Post By 68 404
  • 1 Post By addo

Thread: Not happy Jan, Megane OSF corner realigned

Default Not happy Jan, Megane OSF corner realigned

Whilst at sunny Leura yesterday arvo, we were pulling out of the carspace (on the street), car was waiting behind to come in with blinker on. Checked, nothing there, was pulling out and heard a huge bang only to find a blue Mazda 3 (grrrr) pulling over up the road. A more mature lady (circa 75 to) got out and was most upset as it was her first accident. She said she was overtaking the car waiting to pull in, there was a car coming down the street so she pulled over more quickly. Anyways, all ok except I have to have the car assessed and booked in. Today after church I noted that she has managed to leave her blue paint on the mag wheel 😞, not sure if there is more damage than the pics depict.
    At least I get a hire car for up to 14 days.... Just not happy Pepe needs work done.Not happy Jan, Megane OSF corner realigned-imageuploadedbyaussiefrogs1407668968.814001.jpgNot happy Jan, Megane OSF corner realigned-imageuploadedbyaussiefrogs1407668981.743498.jpgNot happy Jan, Megane OSF corner realigned-imageuploadedbyaussiefrogs1407668996.108502.jpgNot happy Jan, Megane OSF corner realigned-imageuploadedbyaussiefrogs1407669011.033407.jpgNot happy Jan, Megane OSF corner realigned-imageuploadedbyaussiefrogs1407669023.603996.jpgNot happy Jan, Megane OSF corner realigned-imageuploadedbyaussiefrogs1407669035.742139.jpg

Advertisement

Interesting scenario for the insurers to fight over. A lot of the fixings like headlight lugs, grille clips are likely to be damaged, in addition to a new bumper, guard, liner and wheel repair.

Well, there is only one insurer involved, when I spoke to them this arvo they advised it wasn't my fault. I really just want the car fixed. Not sure if they'll replace the headlamp.

Quite often a glancing blow like that, flexes the panel the headlamps are bolted to, this breaks the plastic lugs off. What year/trim is the car?

Edit: Diesel, 2007, 150+K on it?

Quote Originally Posted by addo View Post
    Quite often a glancing blow like that, flexes the panel the headlamps are bolted to, this breaks the plastic lugs off. What year/trim is the car?

Edit: Diesel, 2007, 150+K on it?
    Spot on Addo... It sounds like you know this car!

Oh, forgot to advise headlight now dips down considerably. Even using headlight adjuster to maximum setting does naught to assist.

I have to say, if your assessor is having a bad day and insurer does not allow used parts, they may want to write it off.

If a repairer is able to quote using recycled parts you'll be OK.

Good heavens it's only 7 years old!! It's also insured very adequately so I think they will fix it. I am not sure what I would get to replace it if it is a write off...

Good, it helps to be insured well above actual market value. I would guess at about $4K in repair after having a look at the front bumper construction from parts photos.

I get sick of insurers taking the soft option and totalling a car (this means there is no need to put a lifetime warranty on repairs and they get to keep more of your money by exhausting the policy and cashing in the registration). If you don't have a preferred panel shop I recommend Berlina Bodyworks, they're not close to Parramatta but the work is exemplary.

Edit: This kills me, it would be $600 to post though... Good demonstration of what is behind the bumper skin.
    Last edited by addo; 10th August 2014 at 11:56 PM.

Yay, Pepe is booked in for next Monday. I took him up so they could review the parts they needed and preorder them in as I'm hoping this will reduce the timeframe they need the car for. I have ended up going with Lingane at Hornsby, referred to them by mechanics. They also are a "partner" for the insurer which means the works is guaranteed for life (I think they mean the car not mine), I get a taxi voucher to get to and from the car hire place etc etc. am grateful I had forgotten I'd ticked the car hire box - I have a car for 14 days do I don't have to beg to borrow just not steal one!

Quote Originally Posted by markb2501 View Post
    when I spoke to them this arvo they advised it wasn't my fault.
    How did they figure that out??

Jo

Probably because the other driver caused the accident?

Quote Originally Posted by forumnoreason View Post
    Probably because the other driver caused the accident?
    Do people exiting parking spots have right of way?

Fellow Frogger!

No pulling into traffic you have to give way but the woman should have realised that when a car is indicating and stopped to go in a parking space another is leaving. Also the other party probably admitted guilt which helped she also overtook when it was not safe to do so ie car coming the other way by her own admission.

Jo Proffi,

Why were you double parked waiting for him to come out? The collision wouldn't have happened if you weren't there!

Dave
    2008 Renault Laguna 2.0 dCi break
    ​1997 BMW K1200RS

IR655
    (George Bush Snr): "I'll never apologize for the United States of America. Ever, I don't care what the facts are."

Quote Originally Posted by 68 404 View Post
    Jo Proffi,

Why were you double parked waiting for him to come out? The collision wouldn't have happened if you weren't there!

Dave
    Wasn't me.....Never is.
    Jo
    markb2501 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by niks View Post
    No pulling into traffic you have to give way but the woman should have realised that when a car is indicating and stopped to go in a parking space another is leaving. Also the other party probably admitted guilt which helped she also overtook when it was not safe to do so ie car coming the other way by her own admission.
    Niks is right, the 4 letter mob said that she should have waited behind the car waiting to come in, until it was safe to proceed...
    I am grateful as at the time I thought I had been obstructing traffic. Though I didn't see the blue flash until she pulled in up the road. We certainly felt her though.

How has the repair worked out?

Quote Originally Posted by markb2501 View Post
    Whilst at sunny Leura yesterday arvo, we were pulling out of the carspace (on the street), car was waiting behind to come in with blinker on. Checked, nothing there, was pulling out and heard a huge bang only to find a blue Mazda 3 (grrrr) pulling over up the road. A more mature lady (circa 75 to) got out and was most upset as it was her first accident.... Today after church I noted that she has managed to leave her blue paint on the mag wheel , not sure if there is more damage than the pics depict.
    I thought it was nasty that she came back while you were in church to tag your mag wheel!

Dave
    jo proffi likes this.
    2008 Renault Laguna 2.0 dCi break
    ​1997 BMW K1200RS

IR655
    (George Bush Snr): "I'll never apologize for the United States of America. Ever, I don't care what the facts are."

Hi everyone,

Pepe le Pew has come back however I am not satisfied and have contacted my insurer. I am meeting with them next week... The paint is mismatched, the new wheel alignment pulls to the right, the new headlight is mal-aligned, the new bumper has black mouldings (the rest are slate grey) and the mag still has granny's blue paint on the hub cap and the rim is still burred...

Will keep you posted!

Mark

I'm sorry to hear; was hoping for a happy ending. Don't settle for less than prior condition.
    markb2501 likes this.

I finally have Pepe Le Pew back again. I am almost totally happy with the result. I will point out the freaking glaringly and obvious thing... Black mouldings on the bumper - I am still in discussion with the insurer about this as the workshop ordered the parts by the VIN.
    However here are some pics I've just taken.Not happy Jan, Megane OSF corner realigned-imageuploadedbyaussiefrogs1411452511.888313.jpgNot happy Jan, Megane OSF corner realigned-imageuploadedbyaussiefrogs1411452527.983672.jpgNot happy Jan, Megane OSF corner realigned-imageuploadedbyaussiefrogs1411452542.015010.jpgNot happy Jan, Megane OSF corner realigned-imageuploadedbyaussiefrogs1411452557.479670.jpg
    Don't be fooled, the trim is black and not grey!

Mouldings are painted if they're grey. Mine are anyway (identical to yours expect not so smelly and with steel wheels ), I know this because I found a scratch on the rear over rider from a carpark...

So the ordering of the parts was no doubt correct - bet Renault only provide them unpainted and it was up to the repairer to do that. Which I bet they didn't think to quote on and can't charge for now.

I reckon they look better black - but you'd have to get them to supply the side and rear ones to match now!

Quote Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
    I reckon they look better black -
    Me too.
    Grey looks sooooo '80's.
    First thing i do when i get a car with grey trim is spray it black, so if that were my car I'd be making all the remaining grey trim match the nice new black ones.

Jo

Thread Information