Renault 10 round eye questions
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By DrRenaultsport

Thread: Renault 10 round eye questions

Default Renault 10 round eye questions

So... finally getting underway with getting my round eye back on the road.....need a thermostat, a top end gasket set and a water pump....top and bottom radiator hoses....R12's the same? or not...where do I go to get this stuff...some on ebay I see and some parts are still listed at places like Repco....not sure if they are available though...any body got any suggestions? I need to start driving my little froggie mate again...got withdrawal symptoms

Advertisement

Firstly, is it a stock installation? Not an R12 engined hybrid that may have custom hoses and odd (non-R10) waterpump?

As always, try the usual suspects like French Connection or Caravelle to see what is around. Then get on the phone to try your other fave places, like Repco to see if they indeed do have the desired parts available or to order.

The thermostat should be a 73-74 degree version rather than a 84 degree version, the stock R10 radiator hoses are different from an R12.
    1963 Renault R4 Van
    1964 Renault R4
    1967 Volkswagen 1300 Deluxe
    1969 Renault 8 Gordini 1300
    2002 Land Rover Defender Td5 130 - ex-CFA Region 4
    2005 Renaultsport Clio 182 Cup

I was able to buy most of the things you mentioned from ebay for my round eyed 10. Don't just look at the English speaking countries.
    There is also Jacques Rear Engine Renault Parts in the US

Good luck with it, they are a beauty the round eyed 10, great to see another on the road.
    Tex likes this.
    Dom
    2017 Renault Koleos Intens Pearl white
    2014 RenaultSport Megane 275 Trophy RST 275
    1976 Renault 17 Gordini ... Welcome "Edwin"
    1967 R10 Round Eye ...Aug 16 gone but not forgotten
    1967 R8 Gordini 1135 ... Welcome "Jimmy Gordini"

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Firstly, is it a stock installation? Not an R12 engined hybrid that may have custom hoses and odd (non-R10) waterpump?

As always, try the usual suspects like French Connection or Caravelle to see what is around. Then get on the phone to try your other fave places, like Repco to see if they indeed do have the desired parts available or to order.

The thermostat should be a 73-74 degree version rather than a 84 degree version, the stock R10 radiator hoses are different from an R12.
    Yes it is a bog stock R10 original

Thread Information