R8G parts lost in the mail.
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: R8G parts lost in the mail.

Default R8G parts lost in the mail.

It looks like I might have lost over 2 grand!
    That's what the latest cost of engine parts I ordered from over seas has cost me, only to go missing in the mail. They never even made it to Australia.
    New clutch kit, pistons, rings, bearings, timing gear etc etc.
    Investigations by the Premium Mail service used are continuing but I'm not holding my breath.
    They left Europe on 18th July and should have landed in Australia on 23rd July.
    Can't do any more now but leave the cover on the car.

Advertisement
    Last edited by Paul T; 5th August 2014 at 06:08 PM.

Paul Tomlinson
    R1135 Gordini 1968.
    Jaguar XJ-C V12 1975.
    Alpine GTA- ATMO 1987.
    Jaguar X Type 2002.

Don't give up hope.
    I've had ebay orders go astray, and just when you think you have to pay again, they arrive in the post, sometimes a few weeks late.

Cheers, Henry

Bugga. I don't suppose you paid by PayPal? If so you could claim on their buyer protection program.

If you didn't use PayPal, presumably you will have used a credit card. A lot of credit cards have free insurance that covers this sort of risk - they often don't publicise it much. It would definitely be worth ringing your bank and checking.

Or maybe you can just challenge the relevant charge to your credit card anyway on the basis that it is a charge for goods you haven't received? That might put pressure on the supplier to make a claim on the carrier from their end.

If Australia Post are involved in any way at all with the transport, I would automatically suspect them!

The bad news is they are impossible to get information from and couldn't careless anyway.

I've had stuff (from China) advertised as a 4-8 week deliver arrive after 3 months, just left left on the door step by Australia Post.

AP are the weak link in the chain from my experience.
    niks likes this.

How was it packaged? Do you know? Probably 15 year ago we had a couple of grand worth of 12G stuff vanish. After much stress and tracking we discovered that regardless of what customs said it really did make it here and a friend at the time was a federal copper so he started looking into it and found the box opened but everything there outside the back door of the customs office here at Melb airport. It was packed in a computer box. All we can think of was that someone thought it a couple of grand worth of computer and pinched it. When they opened it and saw it really was full of car parts like the discription said they just dumped it. We never found out who it was and don't know if the feds did but we got our stuff finally.
    David Cavanagh

FRENCH CONNECTION / PEUGEO WRECKING / RENOSPARES / CITROWRECK

03 9338 8191 or 03 93354008

34 KING St
    AIRPORT WEST
    VIC 3042

[email protected]

https://www.facebook.com/FrenchConect

COL

Quote Originally Posted by Paul T View Post
    It looks like I've lost over 2 grand!
    That's what the latest cost of engine parts I ordered from over seas has cost me, only to go missing in the mail. They never even made it to Australia.
    New clutch kit, pistons, rings, bearings, timing fear etc etc.
    Investigations by the Premium Mail service used are continuing but I'm not holding my breath.
    They left Europe on 18th July and should have landed in Australia on 23rd July.
    Can't do any more now but leave the cover on the car indefinitely.
    Sorry to hear about your loss. Hope you had insurance.
    Regards Col

1973 Renault R12 Station Wagon
    1976 Renault R12 Station Wagon
    2002 Renault Laguna V6
    1973 Alpine A110

http://alpine-a110.weebly.com/

It was sent by a premium postal service which cost me 170 euros! Yes you read it correctly. It should have insurance but checking on that at the moment.
    It was paid by Paypal about a month ago, so running out of time there!
    The supplier is a good parts supplier and has a good reputation. I have used this service many times in the past and I trust him.
    It was a heavy package with engine parts and clutch so I imagine it was well boxed.
    According to records the parcel has not yet left Europe.

Here's hoping!
    Paul.

Paul Tomlinson
    R1135 Gordini 1968.
    Jaguar XJ-C V12 1975.
    Alpine GTA- ATMO 1987.
    Jaguar X Type 2002.

I'd remain optimistic. Touch wood, I've never lost anything in the post.

I've had things take three weeks just from Tasmania to Perth though....

Good luck.
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    Renault Scenic 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic 2007 (mine)
    Renault Scenic 2006 (daughter's)
    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980

National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

It was paid by Paypal about a month ago, so running out of time there!
    Well that's good news at least. I'd lodge a claim with PayPal on their buyer protection plan ASAP just in case - easy to cancel it when/if the parts turn up. A great pain not to have your parts here, but at least you should get money refunded.

Just heard back from my supplier who has told me the package is insured. He has started a search from his end and if not found he will re-supply the parts and claim the insurance.

Paul Tomlinson
    R1135 Gordini 1968.
    Jaguar XJ-C V12 1975.
    Alpine GTA- ATMO 1987.
    Jaguar X Type 2002.

Fellow Frogger!

Just heard back from my supplier who has told me the package is insured. He has started a search from his end and if not found he will re-supply the parts and claim the insurance.
    That's good news, I guess. At least it looks like you won't lose money, but it's still a pain when you're looking forward to getting parts and then they don't show up.

Years ago, before I discovered Paypal, I sent cash (yeah, I know...it WAS dumb) for a heap of Citroen stuff and yep, you guessed it, never saw the parts or my money again.

I'm a happy chappy today though......I ordered a set of pistons and liners for my 956cc on July 23 and they've just turned up. Ebay can be awesome.....feels like christmas every time something turns up!
    Paul T likes this.

COL

Thats good news.
    Regards Col

1973 Renault R12 Station Wagon
    1976 Renault R12 Station Wagon
    2002 Renault Laguna V6
    1973 Alpine A110

http://alpine-a110.weebly.com/

If it had anything to do with Deutsche Post DHL it can be subject to odd and unpredictable delays. I've never seen a good reason for this; it's just personal experience.

Still, it irritates me! We have a Feral Garment who've given themselves carte blanche to delve into our personal electronic lives and hold that information for at least two years, yet industry can't even get its act together enough to keep tabs on our postal items.

I reckon if you formed a limited company called "Heroin Australia Pty Ltd" every package would arrive; it may be opened and inspected but it would arrive!
    pug206gti, CarNut and Paul T like this.

Fellow Frogger!

It's pretty sad when I can get something from Britain or Greece quicker than I can get something from Perth. Oz post aint what is used to be...............

I once posted a parcel from NSW to Kalifornia, and it took almost 6 months to get there....

It was just about the time of the world trade centre attack, so that would have had a fair bit to do with it.

Had some goods from Europe sent to Austria by mistake instead of Australia although they did turn up eventually a couple of weeks late. Seems someone got the AU Australia code mixed up with the AT code for Austria.
    Also had some idiots here in Australia send a consignment to Salisbury in Adelaide instead of Salisbury in Brisbane.
    Sometime the people handling these consignments just don't read the complete address.
    Don't give up hope, they could still turn up if they've been misdirected.
    If they've been pilfered then that's another story.
    "I cannot help but notice that there is no problem between us that cannot be solved by your departure. Mark Twain"

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by addo View Post
    If it had anything to do with Deutsche Post DHL it can be subject to odd and unpredictable delays. I've never seen a good reason for this; it's just personal experience.

Still, it irritates me! We have a Feral Garment who've given themselves carte blanche to delve into our personal electronic lives and hold that information for at least two years, yet industry can't even get its act together enough to keep tabs on our postal items.

I reckon if you formed a limited company called "Heroin Australia Pty Ltd" every package would arrive; it may be opened and inspected but it would arrive!
    A few years ago i had ordered some parts for my Alpine , which unfortunately was around the same time as there was a spate of parcel bombs being sent in the mail. they were being sent by DHL, Who over reacted and put them on a boat instead of air mail.
    the bits took over 3 months to get here.
    If you've got too much traction, you haven't got enough horse power ...

.2010 Holden Commodore Ute
    2001 Renault Sport Clio Cup 27 of 85
    1973 Alpine Renault A310/4 1600 VE

Fellow Frogger!

I went through a similiar situation a while back, gave up hope and bought another lot of parts.
    My missing box was a set of con-rods and pistons for a Lancia Fulvia HF.
    I needed a rod so bought a set , what else could i do.

The parts turned up three months later.

You could be lucky?

Tadpole

if the value on the customs declaration is greater than $1k its probably going thru customs for duty assessment

Icon6

Quote Originally Posted by Berridale View Post
    I went through a similiar situation a while back, gave up hope and bought another lot of parts.
    My missing box was a set of con-rods and pistons for a Lancia Fulvia HF.
    I needed a rod so bought a set , what else could i do.
    The parts turned up three months later.
    You could be lucky?
    G'day,
    always handy to have a spare set. I had a small packet sent from Perth, it was lost [disappeared] for three weeks. When I received it, I checked the Auspost tracking. It was accepted at the Perth mail centre, 21 days later it at was accepted at Seven Hills. When I queried Auspost, all they could say was 'blah blah blah it is a busy time of year.' Couldn't give a stuff.
    regards,
    Les W.

206 GTi 180
    the stealth Pug
    Did I do anything last night that suggested I was sane?

Quote Originally Posted by broome330 View Post
    if the value on the customs declaration is greater than $1k its probably going thru customs for duty assessment
    According to Auspost it has not yet landed in Australia. Still hoping.

Paul Tomlinson
    R1135 Gordini 1968.
    Jaguar XJ-C V12 1975.
    Alpine GTA- ATMO 1987.
    Jaguar X Type 2002.

Where abouts were they coming from in Europe? A mate ordered parts from France and they never made it past the airport. Apparently its quite common for things to get stolen over there

Via the aussiefrogs App
    1990 205 GTI

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteKnightGTI View Post
    Where abouts were they coming from in Europe? A mate ordered parts from France and they never made it past the airport. Apparently its quite common for things to get stolen over there

Via the aussiefrogs App
    Not from France.
    I sold an item to a fellow in France which never made it. He said "There are a lot of thieves in France and thay all work for La Post. He was a policeman.

Paul Tomlinson
    R1135 Gordini 1968.
    Jaguar XJ-C V12 1975.
    Alpine GTA- ATMO 1987.
    Jaguar X Type 2002.

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by CarNut View Post
    It's pretty sad when I can get something from Britain or Greece quicker than I can get something from Perth. Oz post aint what is used to be...............
    I have twice ordered stuff from MX5 parts UK (Scimintar) on a Thursday and they arrived here the next Monday!!! US is another story always at least two weeks and much more expensive for freight.

Engine parts for the MX are twice the cost here and take longer to arrive from Sydney.

Happily though I have brought in heaps of bits and never ever had any go astray.

Hope this all works out ok.

Peter.
    Current 2015 Clio Sport RS200 ND MX5, prev Megane Gt Line diesel hatch,Laguna 111 diesel, Lag 11 diesel,lag 11 V6,clio x2 ,Megane sedan;R10'and 12's x heaps.

Fellow Frogger!

Hi,

I have ordered a total of a few thousand dollars worth of 4CV parts from France and have never had any problems. They usually arrive within 7 to 10 days.

I hope yours eventually arrive,

David

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information