Duster hits the Million
  • Help

Default Duster hits the Million

The millionth Duster has been delivered and not one in Australia.

Advertisement
    Think Global - Ride on Spheres

Good thing too; they would soon be nicknamed the Dacia Ruster, (and Dacia Bogan).
    With names like that do you think they'd sell.
    Although the bogan market would be new for Renault and it is certainly not small.
    "I cannot help but notice that there is no problem between us that cannot be solved by your departure. Mark Twain"

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by gerry freed View Post
    The millionth Duster has been delivered and not one in Australia.
    which is ironic given the popularity of this style of car in oz.
    is there some really obvious reason why renault (i assume) dont even sell them here?

I reckon they'd sell plenty of these funky things to young buyers in Australia. Probably more interest in it than the slow selling Koleos.

And Aussies love duel cabs so why not offer these? If you want a smaller ute or duel cab (most of them are getting bigger and bigger), what can you buy besides a Proton Jumbuck ? Remember how popular the Datsun 1200 ute and Brumby were?

cheers,

John

Why ship a vehicle 16,000km when you don't have to? Mr Ghosn has already proved he isn't stupid....................
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

Good question, the sell it in India so RHD is available.
    Maybe they can't keep up with the demand from the existing markets to open up more.
    Not that any factory would ever have a problem meeting the modest numbers that would ever be sold here.
    Even if they were a huge success the numbers wouldn't be more than a couple of day's production.

Cheers
    Ren
    "I cannot help but notice that there is no problem between us that cannot be solved by your departure. Mark Twain"

Quote Originally Posted by Kim Luck View Post
    Why ship a vehicle 16,000km when you don't have to? Mr Ghosn has already proved he isn't stupid....................
    Wouldn't they be shipped from Oragadam, Chennai ? That's a tad closer than Europe isn't it? We buy cars from there ...
    cheers,

John

Fellow Frogger!

Nissen is the reason that Renault is getting it right, as french designers are so far up themselves nowadays think that only they exist. Also the management of Renault Australia for example makes sure they do not listen to their customers you only have to talk with their customer service to see this. She does not give a rats about any of your problems and just does not return calls so the problem goes away. I'm sure I am not alone in having this experience. Start listening and following up would be a start for Renault and many other companies.

Originally quoted by J-Man:

"Wouldn't they be shipped from Oragadam, Chennai ? That's a tad closer than Europe isn't it? We buy cars from there ..."

OK! 10,056 km then! (6285 NM)
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

Renault's sales and market share growth in France comes largely from the Dacia range and the Duster in particular. It is a no-frills, well built and finished car at a very competitive price. It is built in several countries now but not in France. The Koleos has never been a great seller in France, the segment is too crowded.
    The Duster though seems, perhaps price driven, to have converted town sedan car owners. Several of my neighbours have them and park them on the street a couple of hundred metres from the sea and they seem to weather that without rust or dents from the hailstorms.
    Think Global - Ride on Spheres

Quote Originally Posted by niks View Post
    Nissen is the reason that Renault is getting it right, as french designers are so far up themselves nowadays think that only they exist. Also the management of Renault Australia for example makes sure they do not listen to their customers you only have to talk with their customer service to see this. She does not give a rats about any of your problems and just does not return calls so the problem goes away. I'm sure I am not alone in having this experience. Start listening and following up would be a start for Renault and many other companies.
    Sounds like you have sore dusters...

Dave
    2008 Renault Laguna 2.0 dCi break
    ​1997 BMW K1200RS

IR655
    (George Bush Snr): "I'll never apologize for the United States of America. Ever, I don't care what the facts are."

Dacia is also set up in the UK and Ireland now too, where the Duster is also sold, so being the excuse that they can't get them in RHD, is just nonsense!

And yes they're also built in India and sold as the Renault Duster AND the Nissan Terrano!! YES, a rebadged Nissan!! The Nissan Micra and Nissan Almera are also sold as Renault's in India. The Micra is rebadged as the Renault Pulse and the Almera is rebadged as the Renault Scala.

I've also heard that the Dacia models aren't up to scratch for the Australian market. What BS!! How do they explain that Dacia's are sold in more sophisticated markets like the UK, Germany, France and others in Europe?? What makes the Australian new car market so much better, that the Duster, Logan and Sandero can't be sold here as Renault's??

I think if given a chance, the Duster would be a good seller here for Renault and if they were interested in selling a compact Ute here, they could always import the Dacia Logan Ute from South Africa and stick a Renault badge on the front. Looks a lot better than the Proton Jumbuck!
    2016 Holden Astra RS-V 1.6L Turbo Manual Hatch - Current Drive
    2013 Peugeot 2008 Active 1.6L Auto Wagon - Current Drive

2006 Renault Megane Expression 2.0L Auto Hatch - Past Drive
    2013 Renault Latitude Privilege 2.0L dCi Auto Sedan - Past Drive

2008 Renault Laguna Dynamique 2.0L dCi Auto Wagon - Past Drive
    2002 Renault Laguna Privilege 3.0L V6 Auto Wagon - Past Drive
    1995 Renault 19 Alize 1.8L Manual Sedan - Past Drive
    1998 SEAT Cordoba SXE 1.6L Manual Sedan - Past Drive

Thread Information