Scenic 2001 Trip Computer.
  • Help
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Scenic 2001 Trip Computer.

Fellow Frogger!

Default Scenic 2001 Trip Computer.

I seem to have a glitch with the Trip Computer on my newly aquired Scenic. First up in the morning everything is zeroed other than the overall mileage and I can stop and start etc and the trip mileage l/100 etc is cumulative as I would expect but next time I use it (next day---or a couple of days later) it is all zeroed again. When I first got it it did not do this but since then I have had the battery disconnected when I replaced the timing belt which may have changed the system somehow. Has anyone a clue about this. After it started I did the self test procedure i.e. hold the computer button on the end of the wiper stalk and switch the ignition on and it did what the Haynes predicted and all test showed no faults. Surely this non cumulative system is not as it should be?
    Anyway any advice would be appreciated. Incidentally I needed to get a Aircon Compressor for it and was quoted $1000 + from local source but got a genuine brand new Delphi from England for $465 au delivered to my post office in 6 days from ordering. Someone is making a nice little earner in the supply line.
    Regards Dennis.

Advertisement

There is some voodoo in that trip computer.
    Mine was fine until a few month back, when all of a sudden it stopped showing the range until empty.
    Have filled it up to full and emptied to fully empty and it still shows blank.

Jo

Does the low fuel light still come on with around 60 km to go?
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

Usually when the trip display resets, it is the first sign the battery is on the way out. Get the battery stress tested to check.
    1963 Renault R4 Van
    1964 Renault R4
    1967 Volkswagen 1300 Deluxe
    1969 Renault 8 Gordini 1300
    2002 Land Rover Defender Td5 130 - ex-CFA Region 4
    2005 Renaultsport Clio 182 Cup

Quote Originally Posted by jo proffi View Post
    There is some voodoo in that trip computer.
    Mine was fine until a few month back, when all of a sudden it stopped showing the range until empty.
    Have filled it up to full and emptied to fully empty and it still shows blank.

Jo
    That's great news Jo. I thought mine was the only one that did that.
    My logic was I had to swap with another s/h pump about 18 months ago due to the regulator in mine dying. Replacing such, would have meant new pump....$600
    2016 Renault Sport Clio Cup EDC 200

Previous

2001 Rx-4 Privilege
    R17TL, 1973
    R20TS x 3
    R18 GTS wagon x 2
    R10

"When you hit the tree between the headlights thats understeer. Oversteer is when you hit the tree between the Tail Lights" - Wayne Bell

Quote Originally Posted by Kim Luck View Post
    Does the low fuel light still come on with around 60 km to go?
    I haven't been game to take mine to low enough to get it to come on in case it is faulty Kim.
    I agree with Simon, the battery does do that to the display. Have had a flat battery in mine as well.
    2016 Renault Sport Clio Cup EDC 200

Previous

2001 Rx-4 Privilege
    R17TL, 1973
    R20TS x 3
    R18 GTS wagon x 2
    R10

"When you hit the tree between the headlights thats understeer. Oversteer is when you hit the tree between the Tail Lights" - Wayne Bell

I think the low fuel light is based on readings from the fuel gauge sender pot. It think it will come on whatever the computer says. Take a ten litre can of juice with you for insurance purposes and check it out!
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

Fellow Frogger!

Thanks to all respondents , I will check the battery condition in the near future although it has no problems starting in 0 deg mornings. I have been playing around with a towbar setup and had the tailgate up and hence the interior lights on for extended periods,maybe that has a detrimental effect.
    Regards Dennis.

Thread Information