Renault Megane dci 2011/12 - parts (wing mirror cover and lense)
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Renault Megane dci 2011/12 - parts (wing mirror cover and lense)

Fellow Frogger!

Default Renault Megane dci 2011/12 - parts (wing mirror cover and lense)

Hi folks,

I was clipped by a non stopping driver at the weekend resulting in my d/side wing mirror cover and lense coming off and being smashed.

For this, the bill is looking at $76 for the lense, $68 for cover, plus 10% tax, plus colour coding $100 at least - from Renault. And fitting (which I might be able to do myself).

Advertisement

Mirrors for this car are auto and retractable. The mirror works fine. It is just the casing.

I tried ordering a cover on ebay, and something weird was going on over the weekend as the cover was listed with free post, then when I went to order, tried hitting me for 50 pounds extra!! So I didn't go through.

Has anyone got any ideas how best to sort and fix? If not I will get it done through Renault. I am deeply upset by it all as happened between parked cars on either side of the road.. I went slowly and kept to the left, the other person shot through literally in the middle of the road and made no attempt to move over.

Chris Mortimer

I was quoted over $1000 for a genuine complete new power folding d/s mirror for the Koleos, so I reckon you'd be getting off lightly if you paint it yourself!

They are not hard to replace.......
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

Don't you love Sydney?

Fellow Frogger!

Yeah. Sydney. Parked cars both sides. You see the other joker coming. Don't know what the hell he or she is thinking. Slow right down Keep well to the left and as close to the parked cars on your side, and the dude comes flying through in the middle of the road, pauses momentarily then pisses off.

I called three dealers today. All with different mark ups, most expense Col Crawford which is closest to where I work.

Will get from another dealer.

Just whilst I get the opportunity, this is a brilliant car. No problems at all, incredible economy and beautifully built. The diesel gets better and better with more kilometres. Runs better and is more powerful. Under rated but the reputation of Renault is very, very good according to an article on the new Kangoo (van, I think it is called that) and sales are going up and up.

Chris

Thread Information