winnebago on Trafic chassis motor upgrade
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By REN TIN TIN

Thread: winnebago on Trafic chassis motor upgrade

Tadpole

Icon5 winnebago on Trafic chassis motor upgrade

Hi all,
    I have a 89 winnebage Itasca which uses 2.2L petrol engine with bosch injection.This is the J7T engine,in it's present state producing about 95HP,this is too little actually for the hills.
    I have scoured the net to see if anyone has fitted a supercharger or turbo to this engine ( with or without major mods),I would like to get about 120 BHP with the accompanying increased torque,increased speed is not of importance nor is it necessary to have extra power continually.
    My idea was to have variable turbo or compressor input to avoid overstressing the engine,I don't want to have to have cooled pistons,stronger rods etc.
    Any possibilities anybody??

I live in the netherlands
    Brian

Advertisement

Is there a diesel option on these cars you could graft in?

If not, how about a blower?
    ACHTUNG ALLES LOOKENPEEPERS

Das computermachine is nicht fur gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitssparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken bei das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets-relaxen und watch das blinkenlights.

The J7T engine is pretty basic, single overhead camshaft & 2 valves per cylinder.

If you need more grunt try the turbo diesel engine from the Renault master van.
    The current ones have 110kw but more importantly 350nm torque.
    The earlier ones had a range of engines from 2.2L to 2.8L so there's likely to be an engine in there that suits your needs.

Cheers
    Ren
    niks likes this.
    "I cannot help but notice that there is no problem between us that cannot be solved by your departure. Mark Twain"

Find a Renault 21 Turbo motor. That should do the trick and will be a relatively bolt in job.

The easy option is just add a supercharger, something cheap from a japanese car perhaps. The J7T engine is pretty much indestructible and you will comfortably extract 150bhp from it without fear of breaking anything.

Thread Information