Page 1 of 3 123 Last
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: 15ts ebay

Default 15ts ebay

How much do we think this is worth?

Advertisement

Renault 15 TS 1974 2D Coupe 4 SP Manual 1 6L Carb in Wishart, QLD | eBay

That is beautiful.
    I have always preferred the r17 without the rear side windows but with that paint it looks great. If i wasn't already committed to an r12 project i would be prepared to pay at least $3000 for the good body work and interior.

Ian

I would think the starting price will be the ending price if it sells.
    Are you interested in buying it cos I know of one very local 15TS that could possibly be acquired or at least inquired about.
    And that wouldn't need shiping to Vic plus all the issues that go with a car sitting for so long - like the brakes.

Cheers...Paul
    There is a law against doing more than 100kmh...there's no law on how fast you get to 100kmh!!!

I think that one is well worth the money, but it would take a lot more than that to recommission. If it was an auto perhaps even more (for me at least).

Not my colour, but I do like the 15 rear end better than the faux gangsta louvered 17 which makes it very dark in the back. I would also prefer the 17 twin headlights but that's easily arranged.
    ACHTUNG ALLES LOOKENPEEPERS

Das computermachine is nicht fur gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitssparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken bei das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets-relaxen und watch das blinkenlights.

Quote Originally Posted by G4ME View Post
    I would think the starting price will be the ending price if it sells.
    Are you interested in buying it cos I know of one very local 15TS that could possibly be acquired or at least inquired about.
    And that wouldn't need shiping to Vic plus all the issues that go with a car sitting for so long - like the brakes.

Cheers...Paul
    Paul,

I shouldn't let myself be tempted. I currently have 3 r12s with a single carport. I had better make more progress on my current project before starting another.

When i was a teenager i liked the r15/17s , they looked so much more sporty than the family R16ts.

Ian

I thought the price was a little high.
    I have contacted the seller and will be checking it out sometime soon.
    I myself prefer the R17 as well as I had one for many years and that was my first Renault.
    If anyone knows of a fair to decent one let me know please.
    2016 Renault Sport Clio Cup EDC 200

Previous

2001 Rx-4 Privilege
    R17TL, 1973
    R20TS x 3
    R18 GTS wagon x 2
    R10

"When you hit the tree between the headlights thats understeer. Oversteer is when you hit the tree between the Tail Lights" - Wayne Bell

Quote Originally Posted by HONG KONG PUGGY View Post
    I thought the price was a little high.
    I have contacted the seller and will be checking it out sometime soon.
    I myself prefer the R17 as well as I had one for many years and that was my first Renault.
    If anyone knows of a fair to decent one let me know please.
    I've got a fair to decent R17G but you'd need close to $20k to tempt me :-)
    It's probably got about $30k of work into it though.
    Cheers...Paul
    HONG KONG PUGGY likes this.
    There is a law against doing more than 100kmh...there's no law on how fast you get to 100kmh!!!

Quote Originally Posted by IThompson View Post
    Paul,

I shouldn't let myself be tempted. I currently have 3 r12s with a single carport. I had better make more progress on my current project before starting another.

When i was a teenager i liked the r15/17s , they looked so much more sporty than the family R16ts.

Ian
    I hear you Ian. I was even considering the R750 powered tractor until I though "Now what would I actually use it for"?
    Cheers..>Paul

Quote Originally Posted by G4ME View Post
    I hear you Ian. I was even considering the R750 powered tractor until I though "Now what would I actually use it for"?
    Cheers..>Paul
    It's obvious Paul, you use it to say 'I've got a handmade R750 powered tractor ...'
    J-man likes this.
    There is a solution to every problem. There is a problem with every solution.
    • Renault R4L '63 - Descartes
    • Renault R4L '64 - Lucy
    • Renault Megane '07 - too young to have a name...

What you are looking to spend on a 15/17 is a lack of rust, unfortunately past history shows that even a lack of rust doesn't add a lot of value. You would want to check this car carefully, especially given that the top of the fuel tank looks a bit rusty and coated with bitumen sealer. Especially check the floor, front pillars, front guards, double skin rear panel and chassis rails that rust from the inside out on the sides of the rails. Also it looks to have a ring-in spare from a 12 instead of a 15, so a check for poorly repaired accident damage would also be needed.

What this car does have is a nice interior (except the nasty speaker holes in the rear quarter panels), I especially like the original el-cheapo front floor mat. It shows how much better the Australian 12 and 16 were furnished over the Euro market cars.
    1963 Renault R4 Van
    1964 Renault R4
    1967 Volkswagen 1300 Deluxe
    1969 Renault 8 Gordini 1300
    2005 Renaultsport Clio 182 Cup

Banned

some might that i bought the 'monaco bar' R15 on ebay some years back for ..... $50. only bidder. car was rust free, straight, undamaged, everything worked, head gasket leak, drove it home (unregistered but that was the good old pre plate scanner days).

Geez, alex, what is the world coming to?!

What did you do with it?

Das computermachine is nicht fur gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitssparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken bei das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets-relaxen und watch das blinkenlights.

Banned

bear in mind that was about 9 years ago.
    eventually i removed the motor and gearbox and disposed of the rest of the car when my dad sold the farm where it was stored.

1000+ Posts

I just don't understand why R15's are not popular. They aren't a bad car for their era. Were they once a car for singles? Was it when married with a kid people decided we need a 4 door so sold the R15. Perhaps not many people's parents back in the day owned an R15 hence no buyers for nostalgic reasons. One day they will be really rare and everyone will be asking what happened to R15's haven't seen one in years etc. With two R17's and an R15 already in the shed I cannot save it. Please somebody!!!! I hate to see a restorable Renault crushed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunroof View Post
    I just don't understand why R15's are not popular. They aren't a bad car for their era. Were they once a car for singles? Was it when married with a kid people decided we need a 4 door so sold the R15. Perhaps not many people's parents back in the day owned an R15 hence no buyers for nostalgic reasons. One day they will be really rare and everyone will be asking what happened to R15's haven't seen one in years etc. With two R17's and an R15 already in the shed I cannot save it. Please somebody!!!! I hate to see a restorable Renault crushed.
    Don't look at me, I'm up to my beret in Renaults as well.

Couldn't sell my daughter's R15 every day driver either, ended up selling all the bits for about a $1000.... and got $50 for the shell.

And made a R15 wall decoration as well.

Old storey, worth more as parts to R17 guys.

Fellow Frogger!

"Don't look at me, I'm up to my beret in Renaults as well."

Lovely comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunroof View Post
    I just don't understand why R15's are not popular.
    Perhaps it is the result of a poor choice in product placement by Renault Australia......

End Play - the original Australian theatrical trailer - YouTube
    1963 Renault R4 Van
    1964 Renault R4
    1967 Volkswagen 1300 Deluxe
    1969 Renault 8 Gordini 1300
    2005 Renaultsport Clio 182 Cup

Hmm. I think cars get the history they deserve. The R15/17 is very little known in France let alone elsewhere. That being the fact, I doubt people will know about it hence there won't be enough people to ask where they all went to make them of any interest outside Renault nerddom in the future.

In a way they were a failure if we believe rumours they were targeted at the german sport car market where people were more taken by Porsches and BMW models. Keep in mind they came out at the same time as the shift from the NK and the brilliant 2002 to 3-series like the 323i (let alone the higher classes like the 535, 635, etc. which by the way included the brilliant first proper M5). I think Renault should have pursued properly the Alpine 110 and 310 and developed it with better rear suspension, engines and some creature comforts. The death sentence was signed when the top engine and gearbox of the desirable A110 and R12G (let alone some Lotuses) respectively were put in the 17G(TS). All of a sudden people with money who could afford the top end cars had a reason to hunt down the 15/17 for bits and that's exactly what they did. I guess that's how they will be remembered if at all.

Just out of interest, the 17 rear qtr. window louver thingy's, are they just clip on things that could be clipped onto a 15 to make it look like a 17? or is it a different window profile??

Sad if this car didn't get a bidder IMHO. Would make a nice garage partner for my TX, being Metallic Beige 113.

Quote Originally Posted by alexander View Post
    some might that i bought the 'monaco bar' R15 on ebay some years back for ..... $50.

Wasn't that known as the "Weiss Bar" R15?

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Sarosa View Post
    Just out of interest, the 17 rear qtr. window louver thingy's, are they just clip on things that could be clipped onto a 15 to make it look like a 17? or is it a different window profile??

Sad if this car didn't get a bidder IMHO. Would make a nice garage partner for my TX, being Metallic Beige 113.
    Different sheet metal.

I think however the roof line might be the same and just the rear quarter/glasshouse is different.

No, the louvers are plastic and they have some prongs that stick in holes in the body.

I always wondered if the curve is the same, but from faint memory, I think the 15 is round and the 17 is more like a vaguely radiused join where the roof line meets the hatch. This might of course be just an optical illusion, but I prefer the look of the 15.

I remember the days when the 15/17 register was bigger than the car club. At French Car days the 15/17 register would take up more space than the entire Renault car club. I remember someone with a rusted out US spec Gordini they wanted to restore. They had a mint R15 and asked me how much I'd charge to convert the 15 into a 17. I did look into it and found it was only a matter of unpicking the 1/4 panels, both inner and outer so I couldn't see a problem. I told them I'd do it for nothing, totally free of charge on the condition I only do 1 side. So from 1 side it's a 15 and the other it's 17, sounds good to me but the customer never went for it.
    lozenge likes this.
    David Cavanagh

FRENCH CONNECTION / PEUGEO WRECKING / RENOSPARES / CITROWRECK

03 9338 8191 or 03 93354008

34 KING St
    AIRPORT WEST
    VIC 3042

[email protected]

https://www.facebook.com/FrenchConect

Fellow Frogger! Alastair Browne's Avatar

Yes I remember Alex' car was known as the Weiss Bar Car! And it was a bargain.

The car posted by Geoff would not be my favourite colour, but to find a car in such good condition is worth every penny of the $1500 asking price or starting price.

Of course I am biased having had a 15TS for about 10 years. The engine compartment layout is so sensible. You can get to just about everything easily without skinning your knuckles. However, the major problem is rust. It just keeps breaking out. I have spent more money on rust than anything else.

If you get a good engine they just go forever. Mine has been to Melbourne about 3 times, to Adelaide once and to Brisbane about 3 times. It is not in the best condition but it goes well and is great fun to drive. It's not worth spending a lot of money on it 'cos no one wants one.

If only someone just got in a drove the car, they wouldn't want anything else!

Alastair

Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread Information