• 1 Post By STALLED
  • 1 Post By Haakon
  • 1 Post By jo proffi
  • 2 Post By bigkev414
  • 1 Post By mistareno
  • 1 Post By bigkev414

Thread: Megane fuel consumption

Default Megane fuel consumption

Try as I might, and what ever petrol I use my 2011 Megane CVVT uses 11 - 11.7L/100kms city driving. Does anybody have a similar experience?
    The rest of the car is so good I accept the heavy fuel use because I don't do a lot of k's; all short trips but it does seem a bit high all the same. The car absolutely HATES Woolworths Caltex by the way.

Advertisement
    I might act like an idiot, and I might look like an idiot, but don't let that fool you: I really AM an idiot!

Depends on the driving - my 250 does around the same with a mix of freeway and inner city driving!
    addo likes this.
    2005 Renault Clio 182 Cup

2011 Renault Megane 250 Cup Trophee - Sold

1997 Peugeot 406 2.0 Manual - On Loan

2004 Citroen C3 1.4 80th Anniversary (RIP)

And here was me thinking you were trading the Mazda in for something boring
    STALLED likes this.

My 2012 megane cvt averages 8.7 l/100km with mixed driving. 11l/100km for pure city driving is normal for this car. That 2 liter engine is quite a drinker...

My 1.5 tonne Koleos diesel 4WD overall uses less than (9.3l/100km) in summer with the air on. In winter, no aircon around town it's doing 8.2l/100km. I'd have look at your driving style, Kev!
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

COL

Quote Originally Posted by Kim Luck View Post
    My 1.5 tonne Koleos diesel 4WD overall uses less than (9.3l/100km) in summer with the air on. In winter, no aircon around town it's doing 8.2l/100km. I'd have look at your driving style, Kev!
    My Laguna S1 3 litre V6 petrol gets 10L/100Km overall
    Regards Col

1973 Renault R12 Station Wagon
    1976 Renault R12 Station Wagon
    2002 Renault Laguna V6
    1973 Alpine A110

http://alpine-a110.weebly.com/

My 2005 Megane gets mostly tens. I guess the turbo doesn't help

Via the aussiefrogs App
    2008 Renault Laguna 2.0 dCi estate
    2013 Renault Koleos 2.0 dCi 4WD
    ​1997 BMW K1200RS

IR655
    (George Bush Snr): "I'll never apologize for the United States of America. Ever, I don't care what the facts are."

2007 auto 2 litre megane - averages around 9 and a bit around town, 7ish on flat country roads, 8ish when the country roads are nicer.

12-13ish when the country roads are fun.

Best effort was in a 3.8 litre Mitsubishi 380 on the Oxley Hwy from Port Macquarie. About 3/4 of a tank from Port Maqcarie to the next fuel stop on the other side of all those glorious bendy bits!!

Administrator

Is that figure based on the trip computer or a fill calculation?

It does seem a bit thirsty.

Girlfriends 2011 manual averages 7 on the the trip computer. Mostly highway though. If you drive really nice you can average 6.5

Via the aussiefrogs App
    2011 Renault Koleos manual petrol, yes it's boring, but not as boring as:
    2017 Renault Koleos auto

Quote Originally Posted by mistareno View Post
    Is that figure based on the trip computer or a fill calculation?

It does seem a bit thirsty.
    I agree.
    My meganescenicrx4 gets driven with little regard to fuel consumption( meaning I couldn't use more if I tried), and it still returns under 10l per 100km.

Jo
    markb2501 likes this.

COL

You have to be careful when looking at fuel consumption. You can't compare a diesel engine to a petrol engine as the diesel will always get about 40% more range from the the same amount of fuel.

Also fuel consumption will vary considerably between drivers and and also environment eg hills, stop start, overtaking etc.
    Regards Col

1973 Renault R12 Station Wagon
    1976 Renault R12 Station Wagon
    2002 Renault Laguna V6
    1973 Alpine A110

http://alpine-a110.weebly.com/

Default Megane fuel consumption

Quote Originally Posted by bigkev414 View Post
    I don't do a lot of k's; all short trips .
    I think this is the key to why it's using so much Kev. Does it show your average speed on the trip computer? If so, you'll probably find your average speed is only 25-30 km/h with mostly short trips and that will marry up with ordinary fuel consumption which is normal - nothing wrong with the car. If you added some 80km/h zone trips into the mix, your figures would dramatically improve. But by the sounds of things, if you're mostly doing short trips, it wouldn't really matter how bad it was on fuel (within reason), you're probably still getting a couple of weeks out of a tank.
    Oh, and don't forget to put your boot into it every now 'n then when you do get it onto a higher speed zone to give it a clean out from the short trips.
    cheers,

John

Quote Originally Posted by J-man View Post
    I think this is the key to why it's using so much Kev. Does it show your average speed on the trip computer? If so, you'll probably find your average speed is only 25-30 km/h with mostly short trips and that will marry up with ordinary fuel consumption which is normal - nothing wrong with the car. If you added some 80km/h zone trips into the mix, your figures would dramatically improve. But by the sounds of things, if you're mostly doing short trips, it wouldn't really matter how bad it was on fuel (within reason), you're probably still getting a couple of weeks out of a tank.
    Oh, and don't forget to put your boot into it every now 'n then when you do get it onto a higher speed zone to give it a clean out from the short trips.
    I think you're on the money mate. I do only do short trips and 'crawls' most of the time. My driving style is sensible - stop, start with foot flat to floor, brake as late as possible, scream at the idiot in front of me who does 45 in a 60zone, centre lane (usually Vic number plates) and repeat, waving finger in air as I accelerate past the Victorian dickhead who held me up. Stop at the next set of lights (average 200mtrs) and lock the doors as the Vic driver gets out complete with tattoos, shaven head and black muscle shirt on and pray the lights change to green again before she completely rips my door off. Repeat as often as possible..
    Kenfuego and markb2501 like this.
    I might act like an idiot, and I might look like an idiot, but don't let that fool you: I really AM an idiot!

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by bigkev414 View Post
    I think you're on the money mate. I do only do short trips and 'crawls' most of the time. My driving style is sensible - stop, start with foot flat to floor, brake as late as possible, scream at the idiot in front of me who does 45 in a 60zone, centre lane (usually Vic number plates) and repeat, waving finger in air as I accelerate past the Victorian dickhead who held me up. Stop at the next set of lights (average 200mtrs) and lock the doors as the Vic driver gets out complete with tattoos, shaven head and black muscle shirt on and pray the lights change to green again before she completely rips my door off. Repeat as often as possible..
    Stop stereotyping. He's probably just lost and just wants directions to the local Chapter club house....
    Kenfuego likes this.

It was a 'she' .....(I think)...
    Kenfuego likes this.

Thread Information